Top ways to experience nearby attractions
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*Full Day in Rio: Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf, Maracana and Selaron with Lunch1,342Recommended97% of travelers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus Toursfrom$112.00per adult
- 4-hour Sum-up Of Rio de Janeiro "Private Tour" – Optional Airport & Port Pick-up25Recommended100% of travelers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus Toursfrom$99.00per adult (price varies by group size)
- Discover Petropolis and its Hidden Gems with our Private Tour27Recommended100% of travelers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus Toursfrom$122.41per adult (price varies by group size)
Downtown Rio is the place where this city was born. With modern skyscrapers sharing space with historical buildings and landmarks, this neighbourhood is living proof that the old and the new can live together harmoniously. As you would expect, downtown is where all major companies house their offices. However, the region isn’t restricted to businesses. Gems such like the “Paço Imperial,” which is a cultural centre that used to serve as a residence for governors of Brazil, can be found here. Pedra do Sal, a Monday night street party, is also in this neighbourhood. This landmark is the birthplace of samba and is famous for its “roda de sambas” (“dance circles”). Stop in for one and get closer to discovering where Brazilian happiness comes from.
How to get there
- Cinelândia • 6 min walk
- Glória • 9 min walk
2,317 within 3 miles
592 within 6 miles
Imaginarias Igreja N. Sra. do Carmo da Lapa do Desterro Museum
0.1 miHistory Museums • Churches & Cathedrals
See what other travelers are saying
- Leonardo FRio de Janeiro, RJ11 contributionsLugar limpo e SeguroPara quem busca o contraste da cidade com uma arquitetura clássica no estilo francês este é o lugar. Muito bonito, Bem arborizado e com presença constante da guarda municipal , me senti muito a vontade para caminhar e tirar várias fotografias.Traveled with friendsWritten January 15, 2020
- Mitek25Vienna, Austria5,987 contributionsentspannenddieser Platz liegt zwischen den Stadteilen Gloria, Lapa und Centro und wird zum entspannten Spazierengehen benutztWritten January 12, 2020
- Victor F. PontesRio de Janeiro, RJ123 contributionsLinda Praça de Dia, Música a noiteVisite a Praça durante o dia tem sol e sombras, alguns cachorros passeando com os donos, ao por do sol e inicio da noite tem vários ensaios de blocos e fanfarras durante a semana, chegando o verão se intensifica. Passe por lá, ocupe a praça ! A entrada é somente pela rua Augusto Severo na altura em frente ao retorno p R. da Gloria/Lapa. Fecha as 22h e é preciso ter cautela ao se afastar da entrada da praça sozinho a noite, como em qualquer lugar dessa região. Mas eu frequento constantemente a anos sem problemas !Written October 9, 2019
These reviews are the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor checks reviews for fraud.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
It's a nice square in Rio de Janeiro, you can have a coffee in one if its terraces facing Teatro Real
Written December 13, 2015
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Praca Paris Rio de Janeiro - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go
Frequently Asked Questions about Praca Paris Rio de Janeiro