We made a reservation for the baru vulcano zipline tour and paid in full in advance. On the day of the tour it was raining heavily and heavy rain was forecasted for the entire day. Obviously, we did not feel like ziplining in the rain with poor visibility. It should be a fun trip with nice views, not a survival trip. Therefore, we wanted to cancel the trip. The company refused to give a refund. They claimed it was (at that moment) still okay on the vulcano and safe to go, so told us it was our choice not to go, not theirs. They just send us the cancellation policy, which says that they decide whether the weather is ok, not the customer. Unbelievable. This way of doing business is not acceptable. They would have send us up in pouring rain. After a heated argument we got 50 dollars back (out of 120).
Eventually it rained nonstop for two days. I am glad we did not go, but it totally sucks we lost 70 dollars.
If you decide to go with this company (or Oasis adventures as they are associated) I would recommend not to pay in advance. Pay when you are sure you wanna go up there and make sure there is no rain in the forecast.
As a plus: they communicate well and respond quickly through whatsapp.