I am sorry to see this review:
1. Our office is closed on the weekend. Sometimes out of courtesy to clients, I try my best to respond to emails every day. Sometimes I find myself doing that all day.
2. Feb 23 happened to be my daughter’s very important 13th birthday and it happened to be the day I chose not to live on email for appreciating the quality time I had promised her.
3. We provide an emergency contact number +501 629 9602, we always answer calls because of the number of tours, rentals and services we offer, at times emergencies happen. So calls are always answered. You did not call the number.
4. Feb 24, 2020, 5:39 AM as soon as I saw your email (see below) I responded. Mind you, I responded 3 hours before our office opened.
5. Feb 24, 2020 at 5:50 AM, you responded and asked if you would be charged for canceling. I answered.
6. Feb 24, 2020 at 6:10 AM, you responded and asked about wanting to do a Spice Farm tour that morning at 8 AM.
7. Feb 24, 2020 at 6:31 AM. You say you were waiting outside for our tour van at 6:00 AM for our Xunantunich and Cavetubing tour
Based on our communication, Monday, Feb 24 was your last day in Placencia. Your emails are saying you canceled the tour, wanted a refund, wanted to do another tour, but yet at the same time was waiting for our tour van to pick you up for a tour you say you (or your partner) could do.
I am so confused. Wow!
See our thread of emails below.
On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 5:42 PM <[Tracie M Email Address> wrote:
We arrived in placencia this evening. We wanted to check that the trip was confirmed for the 24th because we only have 2 days here. Have a great night!
Tracie & peter
Sent from my iPhone
On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 7:05 PM Barefoot Services <email@example.com> wrote:
Welcome to Placencia
Your tour for feb 24 is definitely confirmed.
On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 5:15 AM <[Tracie M Email Address> wrote:
Thank you, it's beautiful here!
My husband has unfortunately gotten very sick from something last night. We're going to look for a pharmacy or doctor today, but now I don't think we'll be able to make it.
Tracie & peter
[Tracie sent another email on Sun, Feb 23, 3:46 PM, I did not see that Email until feb 24]
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:39 AM Barefoot Services <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Our office is closed on the weekend.
It’s very difficult to make last minute changes.
The scheduled and confirmed tour is departing this morning at 6:30 AM.- Xunantunich and cavetubing
You are confirming you are not participating?
[In an email Mon, Feb 24 after my response to Tracie, she inquired about a refund at 5:50 AM and asked about another tour at 6:02 AM]
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:50 AM <[Tracie M Email Address> wrote:
Will we be charged if we do not participate?
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 6:02 AM <[Tracie M Email Address> wrote:
There's no way to get on one of the spicefarm tours at 8am today ?
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 6:10 AM Barefoot Services <email@example.com> wrote:
The tour van will be at [your hotel] at 6:30 AM.
We do not have a spice farm tour today.
Please let us know if we are not to go to the property as we have another pick up this morning.
On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 6:31 AM <[Tracie M Email Address> wrote:
Yes, do not come here. I was waiting outside at 6am per our original email.
Ps: This is also why in our reservation/cancellation policies we encourage the client to purchase travel Insurance.