Top ways to experience Piazza del Municipio and nearby attractions
431 within 3 miles
163 within 6 miles
See what other travelers are saying
- Asiyah Noemi KPula, Croatia4,845 contributionsBeautiful square with characterThis beautiful little square is full of charm, good atmosphere, beautiful covered staircase and nice palace facade. Access to this place means making a pleasant discovery. With a beautiful and rich history. Piazza Municipale was once the former court of honour of the Ducal Palace that is dominated by the magnificent Scalone d’Onore (stairway of honour) built by Pietro Benvenuto degli Ordini. These steps blend the Gothic Medieval elements like the Venetian style marble banisters with other obviously Renaissance style elements like the arches and the dome. The wing alongside the stairway presents elegant marble windows that denote the position of the living quarters of many Duchesses from the past and the most famous of whom was no doubt Lucrezia Borgia. We have now witnessed a cheese fair that Ferrara is well known for.Written November 18, 2019
- 𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑜 𝐷'𝐴𝑔𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑜 🇮🇹Avezzano, Italy13,592 contributionsAffascinante angolo della cittàQuello che un tempo era il cortile di palazzo Ducale oggi è una bella piazza cittadina. L'architettura che non passa inosservata è fuor di dubbio il pregevole Scalone d'Onore, che si trova subito alla destra entrando dal Volto del Cavallo. Passeggiando per le vie del centro è pressoché impossibile non visitare questa piazza.Written January 13, 2023
- Alberto CSelvazzano Dentro, Italy7,168 contributionsCarinissimaIdeale se si vuole passeggiare in tutta tranquillità. Ci sono dei bar che danno la possibilità di bersi un aperitivo nei tavolini fuori ad ammirare lo splendore della piazza.Traveled with familyWritten September 29, 2019
These reviews are the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor checks reviews for fraud.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Worth checking out the sala della duchessa in this building - its a working office building so make sure you check timings.
Written June 7, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Piazza del Municipio (Ferrara) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go
Frequently Asked Questions about Piazza del Municipio
- We recommend booking Piazza del Municipio tours ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund. See all 2 Piazza del Municipio tours on Tripadvisor
- Hotels near Piazza del Municipio:
- (0.03 mi) Luxurious apartment for 4 guests in the center of Ferrara
- (0.03 mi) Cortevecchia#13
- (0.03 mi) Cortevecchia#13
- (0.06 mi) Hotel Annunziata
- (0.08 mi) Hotel Nazionale