Our team has received your review with great sadness.
We have worked for 4 years with only 5 and 4 stars in all the review platforms. This is the first negative review that we have, after hundreds of reviews and thousands of happy customers from all over the world. Marta has several of those amazing reviews. So it is naturally a big disappointment.
I personally think negative reviews show you the way to improve. We will do that and keep working as obsessively as until now to be better every day.
The biggest challenge for a company that offers private tours is to adjust to what different travelers are looking for. If you didn’t like the tour, it means that we were not able to do that and we have to be better.
As soon as this tour ended, I received a report from a very frustrated guide:
1. When your family (2 adults and 3 children) met the guide, you mentioned being tired from the trip and not sure if you wanted to do the tour because it was a hot day. You had just done check in at the hotel and the kids were excited with the swimming pool. You made it clear that they preferred to go to the swimming pool. Your husband insisted: “Lets just do a bit of the tour with Marta, see how the kids react and then we go to the hotel”. And so we started the tour.
2. The tour includes several stops. When Marta stopped to show you some interesting points of the city, your husband was the only one stopping with her. She would explain each of the places, but you always kept going and stayed several meters ahead, so she was talking mainly with your husband.
3. After 15 minutes, your husband told Marta: “I have no interest in what you are telling me, talk with my wife, she is the one that is interested”.
4. Marta continued talking about the city, its culture and points of interest. She went ahead and tried to talk mainly with you, since your husband had no interest. Until you said: “You don’t need to talk about that with me. I have no interest in that information”.
5. The guide was now in a difficult situation because the 2 adults were not interested in the tour. She tried to suggest a cafe or a bar where you could seat down and maybe have a drink, talk a bit, see what your interests were. You were not interested.
6. You told Marta that you wanted to go to an area good for the kids. She took you to Alfama, a place that has less cars, so they could be a bit more free. They were repeatedly asking for the swimming pool. As soon as you ended Alfama, you asked Marta for a taxi to get back to the hotel. She helped you with that and ended very frustrated feeling that she didn’t have the opportunity to show you how beautiful Lisbon is.
We have had thousands of travelers from every corner of the world. It was the first time someone told us not having any interest in the informations about the culture and history of the country.
Our mission is to share our passion for Portugal with travelers but to do it we absolutely need an interested traveler. It is just really sad that we were not able to do it.