We played in the afternoon... so peaceful and quiet (2 players) ! Great rental clubs. Beautiful golf course, challenging with amazing beach view (8, 9 & 18) !! Well... read more
Varadero Golf Club is the only 18 hole72 par golf course in Cuba. It has...
Varadero Golf Club is the only 18 hole72 par golf course in Cuba. It has all the facilities, services and equipment associated with the practice of golf.
It was opened in 1999. It was designed by architect Les Furber, President of the Canadian company Golf Design Services LTD (GDS), combining three (3) golfing architectures Classic design, Challenging or Target Golf design and Links design.
It covers a narrow 3.5 Km strip located between "Los Cactus ", "Tuxpan", "Bella Costa", Melia "Las Americas", "Golf & Suites Resort", "Melia Varadero", "Sol Club Palmeras", and "Sol Club Sirenas" hotels.
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION OF THE GOLF COURSE
- 18 holes; 72 par: 5 par 5 holes and 5 par 3 holes; remaining 8 holes are par 4.
- 6 269 linear meters of trajectory between the First Tee or starting point and Green 18.
Three golfing architectures have been combined:
1. Classic design, broad roads bordered by trees, wide and scarcely protected greens.
2. Challenging or Target Golf design, modern style with narrow roads and heavily protected greens surrounded by sand traps and lakes. The Varadero Golf Course has several salt water lakes that connect directly with the sea, a feature that makes it almost unique worldwide.
3. Links design, with holes located alongside the sea following the shoreline, introducing the ocean as another obstacle in the game.
It allows golf players to combine all the technical elements of the game with the beauty, peacefulness and quiet of the surroundings. Our Golf Club continues expanding its most ambitious golf facilities projects by opening the first golf academy operated by PGA professionals and instructors from the Cuban Golf Federation.
Practice areas (300 meters for long games, 2 putting greens, 1 shipping green, 2 bunkers) are structured to allow instruction to be imparted indoors, including the use of accessories, golf clubs and practice balls.
The Golf Academy has designed various programs following international sports guidelines, rules and ethics, open to all professionals and students who wish to enjoy this fascinating game amidst breathtaking beaches and our wonderful culture.
The Club House of the Varadero Golf Club has a golf players´ reception at the Caddie House, also including a Pro Shop and Snack Bar.
We have facilities and experience in organizing international golf tournaments.
We have hosted two European Challenge Tour Grand Finals (1999 and 2000).
Golfing area 39.7 Ha.
Greens 1.5 Ha.
Ante-Greens 2.0 Ha.
Tees 2.0 Ha.
Fairways 23.9 Ha.
Rough 10.3 Ha.
Indigenous woods 3.3 Ha.
Lagoons 13.4 Ha.
Internal roads: 3.7 Ha.
Parks and other architectural features: 0.9 Ha.
Total area: 61.0 Ha.