Walking through ancient Red Beech forest amidst lush ferns lichens and mosses, we follow the turquoise Routeburn River reaching the Flats hut located within a mountain amphitheatre. At this point you will get to rest up, soak in the natural beauty, and enjoy your picnic lunch while listening for native birdsong.
This trail is well formed, we cater to your level of fitness and there will be no more than 6 people to a group. The duration of the walk, altitude and alpine conditions will determine the distance and time we will walk. This walk enables you to experience the diversity of natural beauty, lakes, river valleys, waterfalls, mountains views and bird life with numerous photography opportunities.
Itinerary for the day:
• 8.30 am pick up from accommodation in Queenstown
• Photo stop at Bennett’s bluff
• Glenorchy village, jetty walk, refreshments.
• Routeburn Shelter start of trail
• Picnic lunch at Routeburn Flats
• Drop off in Queenstown 4.30 - 5pm