Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur
By SITA World Tours
Kerala is famous for its elaborate dance forms like Kathakali. On this tour, watch a Theyyam performance that showcases the elaborate costumes of the performers, who bring to life legends and stories of divine beings and heavenly spirits. The larger than life image of the performers is treated with great respect by the audience. This tour gives you a glimpse into this traditional religious ritual of Kerala. Highlights ● Theyyam ritual ● Elaborate costumes of the performers ● Interaction with locals
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 5–6 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Theyyam
- Food or drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- From your Hotel in Kannur
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P762
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Confirmation will be received within a week of booking.
- Theyyam is a religious ritual performance and, therefore, it is important for visitors to dress and behave properly. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the temple or the host home.
- Consider wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour does not operate from June to October.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur on Tripadvisor
- How much is Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur?
- Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur price starts from $303.00. Discover and book Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur on Tripadvisor
- What is the Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur cancellation policy?
- Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur?
- Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur is hosted by SITA World Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SITA World Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P762
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1TheyyamStop: 4 hours - Admission includedYou will be picked up from your hotel in Kannur and driven to a village temple or a Hindu home where Theyyam is performed. The timing of the ritual is based on the lunar Hindu calendar and keeps changing each month. On reaching the site of the ritual, you may take pictures of the performer and his elaborate costume. If you are lucky you might get to see a fire Theyyam, which is performed from time to time, again based on the lunar calendar. The entire ritual can last for several hours. The elaborate costumes and the heavy make-up of the performers add to the mystical aura of the ritual. At the end of the performance, you will be driven back to Kannur and dropped off at your hotel.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Isha yoga, must visit
Isha yoga center, important to come afternoon when is less hot. Go into the Tample ,the experience is Devin especia…
Pick the right day
We booked high tea our first day in Delhi, which turned out to be a Wednesday. Last time we had a sensational high …
Thank you for this incredible experience around the fort and the city of Jodhpur. The staff are lovely and very hel…
It has potential, but...
You know that a tourist cultural show is not Broadway or the London West End. Right. In that sense, the Mohabbat e …
Not much of atmosphere, standard of service was terrible, none of staff looked happy and when asked to get somethin…
Trip with friends
Alot of stories in there we had great time with trip advisor good travel guide good food and taxi and hotel
Relics exposition on 27 Nov 2022. I join with my friends & relatives team members from Ujjain, Jhansi & other parts o
Relics exposition on 27 Nov 2022. I join with my friends & relatives team members from Ujjain, Jhansi & other parts…
Amazing place . Must visit. Me and my husband visited there last week . Very nice place. Great place in thanjavur
Awesome Orchha experience with Sanjay Singh Yadav as guide
Great place for a day tour. All important spots are close to each other. A good guide will cover all these sites wi…
Not for English speakers. Only take this trip if you speak Spanish .
The California office of Sita World Tours offered a 21 day tour of Madrid, Andaucia, Portugal and Morocco. Sita us…
Rich heritage waiting for adequate maintenance.
A rich heritage waiting for proper maintenance. This is a nice place to visit. Trip will cover fort and museum tog…
Dinner at Jag Mandir
Dinner at Jag Mandir was highlight of our trip. We got picked up on the boat. The ride there with view of the city …
Good private tour of the Big Temple and palace despite a few hiccups
We had arranged for a private tour through of the Big Temple and palace in Thanjavur through 5 senses. We were alre…
Authentic experience of English afternoon high tea
The atmosphere at the Atrium is fabulous- you really do feel you’re in an European city with apartments looking dow…
Dilip was very nice and knowledgeable. He suggested a few places in addition to the major attractions. The rates ar…
How can I find out about availability of Theyyam tour for 2 in late January until Feb 2020 when we are visiting the Kannur area