As one of the largest coastal forests in East Africa after Arabuko-Sokoke Forest, this reserve is rich in flora and fauna and hosts the highest density of African elephants in Kenya. Other animal species found in the area are Sable antelope, elephant shrew, bushy-tailed mongoose and other small mammals like fruit bats. The forest is an important bird area and is endowed with forest birdlife while the grasslands hold localized species such as red-necked-Spur fowl, Croaking Cisticola, and Zanzibar Red Bishop. The scenic Sheldrick Falls and the dense Mwaluganje Forest are also found here
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 10–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Transport on a 4x4 safari van
- Park entrance fees
- Services of an English Speaking Guide
- Game drives and Walks
- Drinking water
- Entry/Admission - Sheldrick Falls
- Items of personal nature
- Travel insurance covers and medical covers
- Anything not mentioned above
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Mombasa City, Nyali beach resorts, Mombasa Port, Shanzu beach resorts, Kilifi beach resorts, Bamburi beach resorts. Tour collects from Mombasa and North coast beach hotels at 7:00 am. The drives takes approximately 1 hour across the Likoni Ferry if starting from Mombasa.
- Moi Intl Airport, Mombasa Kenya
- Ukunda Airport, Ukunda Kenya
- Malindi International Airport, Malindi, Kenya
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 101392P19
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings?
- Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings price starts from $219.12. Discover and book Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings on Tripadvisor
- What is the Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings cancellation policy?
- Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings?
- Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings is hosted by Africa Vacation Safaris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Africa Vacation Safaris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 10h. Discover and book Shimba Hills National Reserve Day Tour from Mombasa/Diani Beach & surroundings on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 101392P19
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Shimba Hills National ReserveStop: 8 hoursWelcome to Explore the Paradise of the Sable antelope. Visit Shimba Hills to experience cool sea breezes, frequent mists, and early morning clouds. Known for waterfalls, forests and bird viewing. The reserve is about 30 km south of Mombasa and a quick 10 km from Diani beach. Tour Program Pick up from Mombasa, Mombasa Hotels, Mombasa Port and North coast beach hotels at 7:00am. Arrive at the Shimba Hills National Reserve and proceed for a morning game viewing drive. We shall be on the look out for the endangered Sable Antelope, Elephants, Giraffe, maybe Leopard, civet cat, monkeys, shrews. for the bird watchers, more that 100 bird species have been recorded including Ostrich, Eagle, African Hawk and Honey Guide. We shall further explore the Shimba hills on foot where accompanied by our guide, we shall walk on the Shedrick Falls on a 1/2 hour hike as we marvel at the water cascade. We shall later stop at the Shimba Hills Green Safari lodge where we will have lunch and enjoy the surrounding views from the vantages of the lodge. After the tour, we begin the return trip to your hotel/residence where the tour ends after the drop off.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Africa Vacation Safaris
Joined in June 2017
#125 of 1,460 Outdoor Activities in Nairobi
- Susanna K00Once in a lifetime experienceThis company was great to deal with. We had an idea for travel that didn’t quite match any of their offered options and they worked with us to create another itinerary. Our guide and driver Kariuki was great. Very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. We visited lakes Baringo and Bogoria. And overnighted at lake Baringo in the most quaint, peaceful lodging resort. Everyone there was also so friendly and helpful. Visiting Lake Bogoria with the seas of flamingos was such an epic experience that we will never forget. Thank you Kariuki and Africa Vacation Safaris! Highly recommend.
- melissa r00Great company willing to adjust itineraryA friend and I wee just in Kenya for a short time and it had been recommended to us to visit Lake Bogoria and Lake Baringo, but we couldn’t find a tour company who offered that combination. We spoke to Denis, at Africa Vacation Safaris (very last minute) and he worked incredibly quickly to arrange a tour that fit our needs at a reasonable price. He was in contact with us regularly and came to meet us at the beginning of the tour to meet our guide. Our guide, Kariuki, was excellent. He was a wealth of information on all subjects and we had great conversations and laughs over the long drive north and back. Our trips to Bogoria and Baringo were unforgettable. The flamingos at Bogoria were mind boggling. And we could have spent days in awe of their numbers and the beautiful setting. In Baringo we went on a beautiful boat ride with a local guide who again, was unparalleled. We saw a number of birds, crocodiles and hippos. The trip was so well arranged I would not hesitate to contact Africa Vacation Safaris again for our next tour of Kenya!
- Z3013KDjeffh00Mount Longonot hikeThe driver, Eric, was excellent as the drive to the park is rather long and seems challenging. My guide, Denis was good and was patient while I took many photos. The hike was spectacular and saw some antelope, giraffe, and zebra. A couple parts of the hike are fairly strenuous but not too bad.
- R6980LPjosephm00Good times,Cool pics,great memoriesBeautiful and really amazing experience you need to book with Joseph Matthews guys!!! 0748847572( watsapp)
- jpowuor00EarthRanger Conference 2022Today 06/11/2022, our last day of the conference was great. They served good meals. Waiters were very ready serve. They brought a good band that played good music that set a good mood. Lilian Mwangi was outstanding in her services. Will visit again and recommend to friends.
- susanoY988QT00Bush safariMy husband and I recently completed an amazing trip with Africa vacation safaris to the Mara and we enjoyed tons. Overall we were impressed by the flexibility and professionalism of AVS. From the early planning stages, Dennis was extremely patient and accomodating with all our various questions and requests. Can highly recommend. We'll definitely book again with Africa vacation safaris.
- Anne-Sophie C00Amazing experience with lovely guides/chauffeurWe had a great experience with Joseph and Samuel, they were both very professional and friendly and cared very much about our satisfaction. The car was super comfortable, and the hotels also very nice with lovely staff. We enjoyed everything very much and would totally recommend it.
- M3211QVlouised00Nairobi National Park and Giraffe CentreOn our half day tour to Nairobi National Park and Giraffe Centre, Joseph was prompt and knowledgeable about the amazing range of animals we saw - lions, black and white rhino, giraffe, hippos, crocodiles, birdlife and more, and he was able to expertly manoeuvre out of the way of an angry rhino! While the vehicle was not the most luxurious, we had a fantastic day topped off by hand feeding giraffes at the Giraffe Centre.
- Krista S00Another amazing visit to KenyaJust back from an amazing 11 day safari which included Maasai Mara, Hell's Gate, Amboseli, Tsavo West, Tsavo East, Taita Hills, and Diani Beach. Once again, Denis hit it out of the park with planning our route and accommodations and working in a couple of specific activities we wanted to include. Our guides were Isaac and Joseph. Both were very knowledgeable and made sure we saw the Big 5 and more and took excellent care of us when unexpected things happened.
- ephantusgitonga00Title: SAFARI OF A LIFETIME TO AMBOSELI AND TSAVO, KENYAThis was beyond our expectations, very well organized and professional courteous service from all. Our Guide Joseph was awesome, his knowledge of the plains and all the wild animals was just incredible. We drove together for 4 days, and trusted him 100%. We will go back, and request Joseph again as our guide, we will also recommend Africa Vacation Safaris to anyone interested in having an experience of a lifetime!
- RosyDaniels00Spectacular 2 Day Nairobi-Amboseli SafariFirst Time on safari, and on the African Continent! Our guide Josephis/was an outstanding professional and an expert driver who provided plenty of opportunity for us to appreciate the landscape, wildlife as well as the social culture of Masai people in Amboseli ecosystem. We saw the lions, many elephants and cheetah among other wildlife here during our safari and had an enjoyable stay at Zebra plains . Our trip concluded with a Maasai village visit! Beautiful people, priceless memories!
- justineo40300Best Safari experience! Trustworthy and efficient companyMy partner & I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Kenya in which we went on a 2 day/1 night safari over to Amboseli, organized by the wonderful Denis at Africa Vacatio Safaris. Throughout he was professional and the communication was excellent. I wasn’t happy about paying the full amount upfront and he understood this, so we paid a deposit & the rest when he met us at the airport. The camp where we stayed was called Tortillis Camp was absolutely perfect, superb position overlooking the Kilimanjaro, with views of zebra, giraffe, buffalo, elephant etc and the staff were impeccable, they really made it a home from home. Food was also delicious from an award-winning chef, the best food we tasted all holiday! It really was a 5* camp & worth every penny & more. Joseph who was our guide & driver throughout was the best, he has eyes like a giraffe & through him, we saw everything almost every day, nothing was ever too much trouble and he really made our experience what it was. Anyone wishing to do a safari in Kenya should contact Africa Vacation Safaris and you won't regret it.
- kathrynboroczky00Fantastic Trip!This tour was fantastic! Both Dennis's took great care of my sister and myself over the christmas peroid. They were very informative about the wildlife and lead a taliored tour for us. We saw so much wildlife and got really close to some elephants, zebras, giraffes and baboons. Dennis also is an aspiring photographer and sent us some wonderful photos from our trip. We stayed at the AA Lodge which was much nicer than we were expecting! They also went above and beyond to help us when we had trouble at the ATM. Overall fantastic trip and guides! I would definately do another tour with this company next time I am in Kenya
- DenilsonSanchez00We had such an amazing safari with Africa Vacation SafarisAfrica Vacation Safaris did an outstanding job helping me plan a group trip ( 8 persons) to Kenya and Amboseli to be specific. They went above and beyond and planned the perfect trip. We worked on the itinerary for 2 weeks and they were super patient and knowledgeable. Everything I asked for was executed to perfection. Their staff on the ground was amazing and did everything to ensure we had an absolutely flawless experience. Ol tukai were incredible, the guides were knowledgeable and fun, the activities were perfectly suited to our group. We are not an easy bunch to please and boy, were we ever pleased!
- johnboggy00Honeymoon Safari Perfectly plannedMy husband and I used Africa Vacation Safaris and our guide was Joseph. It was the most amazing experience of our lives. The service was incredible. At the end of our safari before heading to Zanzibar. It was very gracious and generous on their part. Our chef was fantastic and the food was beyond my expectations.