With the Amazon camping expedition, you will have the Amazon Basin at your fingertips. It is the perfect adventure for nature lovers, jungle explorers, and wildlife watchers who would like to experience the untouched Amazon. You will discover Ecuador’s Amazon in the Yasuni National Park, world-famous for its tremendous biodiversity and its authentic indigenous cultures which are still very much alive. On this trip, while passing through rivers and lagoons, you will feel as if the animals are following you. You will see displays of parrots, toucans, macaws, kingfishers, herons flying across the river, as well as curious giant otters who will approach the canoe to have a look. Many different types of monkeys will be jumping on the trees and there will be chances to spot jaguars, the master cat predators of the jungle. The Kichwa native people will share their history and we will learn about their rich connection with Mother Nature.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 2-99, max of 16 per group
Duration: 4 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Transportation: private and comfortable land transportation, motorized canoe, dugout canoe.
- Accommodation: 3 nights in Amazon Explorer Campsite - comfortable safari stile tent camping
- Activities: Navigations in Tiputini River, Anaconda lagoon, parrots clay lick (Saladero)
- Gear: Dry bags, life jackets, dugout canoe with outboard motor, rubber boots.
- Staff: Certified AJ expert English-speaking naturalist trip leader and local guides
- Airfare Quito-Coca round trip (optional travel by bus).
- My Own Room & Tent supplement
- International flights.
- Airport transfers to/from Quito airport.
- Travel insurance (mandatory).
- Required immunizations (mandatory) (yellow fiver vaccination).
- Meals not described in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses.
- Donations to the community – Contact us for guide lines.
- Departure details
- Francisco de Orellana Airport, G2Q7+8G3, Coca, Ecuador
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 59685P39
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Yasuni Explorer?
- Yasuni Explorer price starts from $1,131.00. Discover and book Yasuni Explorer on Tripadvisor
- What is the Yasuni Explorer cancellation policy?
- Yasuni Explorer cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Yasuni Explorer on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Yasuni Explorer?
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 59685P39
Reserve your spot
QUITO - COCA - MANDARI PANGA
HUANGANA TRAIL WALK (WILD PIG)...
DAY 3: VISIT TO PARROTS CLAY...
RETURN TO COCA
About the operator
Joined in March 2018
#1 of 65 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Quito
- EdytaG39400Highly recommendedGreat trip, amazing experience, beautiful viewes professional guide - Diego, very helpful with everything Thanks for all 🙂
- J4471PMchrisk00Adventure Journeys and Guides are the BEST!!!What an amazing trip! AJ organized a great custom trip that included both the muIti-sport activities and additional custom activities/accommodations that my group requested. I want to give a special shout out to our extremely knowledgeable and personable guide Alfonso. I had what could have been a serious cycling accident on our second day. Alfonso took charge and got me the medical help I needed, and made sure I was well taken care of for the rest of the trip. He also did a fantastic job in adjusting the activities as needed to still make the trip enjoyable for me and my friends. Thank you Alfonso and AJ Team!
- 976kayag00Ecuador, I fell in love with you.From when our idea came to fruition we had a seamless experience. Our planning contact Claire was on point and available to all the questions we had. They accommodated every request we made. With our entire group of four coming off heavy business travels we were ready to soak it all in. When we landed in Quito, customs line was extremely delayed. Nevertheless our friendly, guide greeted us with a sign at 2 am! We had a great briefing and quick dinner and got all the information needed to start. Jorge, our guide was outstanding. He is perfectly bilingual so it was great to have an amazing interpreter with us. From Cotopaxi, to Toachi, to Quilotoa, to Chimborazo to Banos, every day was eventful. Myself, personally, on the second day didn’t feel great. I had strayed off my nutritional plan and about an hour in didn’t feel right. I mentioned it to the guide quietly on the side and asked him not to say anything. It amazed me to see how he gave each person in the group what they needed. For me that day, I knew I wasn’t at my best but knew that just in case of anything I was safe and cared for. He knew what I needed was a little extra time and he kept an eye without making an issue. I also noticed how strategic he was with his placement between the advanced hikers and the slower ones. Always ensuring everyone’s safety. Ah and the hostels! They were amazing!!!!! Every place we went into knew our guide and our driver Andres (lobido - little fox). They greeted us like we were long lost cousins. Luggage magically appeared. We were cold, Jorge helped us light a fire, I managed to get us locked out of our bathroom in the middle of the night: our team to the rescue. We laughed, we did extra unplanned stops (ice cream town! Guinea pig town! Hot springs) and made friends for life. I will be back, and I will be back with this team. Thank you Jorge for making my once a year vacation so epic. It was a magical trip, and the 7 days flew by so fast. I will say: last year I trained for my trek this year I did not. If you are trekking be prepared. It really does shape your experience if you are best prepared physically. Thank you Adventure Journeys, Jorge and Andres and Claire from Valencia for giving me the experience that made me fall in love with the Volcanoes of Ecuador. I will be back.
- kaitlyngrace1100AMAZING life changing trip!I had an incredible experience on the Avenue of Volcanos trip, and our guide Jorge was amazing! He was very professional and made genuine effort to make sure every person in our group was well cared for and felt included in the treks, dinners, Banos fun & activities… Ask for him when you book!! We were a group of six, and one guest in particular seemed very underprepared physically for the hikes. Our guide made sure to monitor the pace of the group to allow them to catch up and feel safe. He was very respectful to everyone’s abilities and pace. I have been on other trekking tours, and in comparison to previous experiences, he was the most contentious towards everyone’s physical abilities, making sure no one was left out or left behind. This trip is a perfect mix of jaw dropping diverse scenery, challenging hikes that pushed your mind and body, delicious food, gorgeous hotels and hostels, rest and relaxing (spas, massages, you name it), and adventure activities in Banos. Our guide helped us find great activities to close out the trip like hot springs, zip lining, cable cars; all very fun. Looking forward to going back to Ecuador one day and exploring more regions through Adventure Journeys. P.s. Lobito our driver was amazing, felt safe the whole time driving between destinations, and never met someone who smiles so much!
- AroundtheWorld723500In the Midle of the EarthSpectacular Trip It was a wonderful trip, I had the opportunity to visit magical places with the best guide I have had the pleasure meet, Jorge was very attentive and guided us excellently in each place. I recommend that this Tour be catalogued for people who like to hike, since unfortunately we had to adapt to a very slow pace because some people in our group were not prepared for this level of hiking I would definitely travel again with Adventure Journeys
- jndst1200Great Day TripThere are public hot springs and private ones attached to a hotel and spa. This review is of the private thermal pools. I went on a day trip from Quito, but did not stay overnight in the hotel. There are 4 thermal hot pools varying in temperature and 1 cold plunge. The facility has coed lockers with private changing rooms attached. Bathrooms and showers are separated by gender. The $23 entrance fee includes cloth swim cap, towel, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. I would recommend bringing flip flops and and a second towel. It was cold and rainy the day I visited, so the hot springs were perfect to warm up. There are not a lot of chairs or chaises to sit on and even fewer under cover. After a few hours in the pools, I had lunch at the hotel’s restaurant. I love good food whether it be prepared by a fancy chef or Abuela cooking traditional food. This was good food. The fresh guava juice was the best. The fresh Trout and shrimp in garlic sauce with sautéed veggies and fried green plantains was grilled just right. The meal was simple but well prepared and so delicious. It was also well priced at $22 including a yummy hot chocolate which I had as my desert. So glad I listened to the reviews and ate here after leaving the thermal baths. Overall a good day trip from Quito to relax.
- Stuart164200An experience not just a vacation!Tremendous experience with AJ. Great itinerary and guiding from Gabriel. He is a real asset to the company. A few firsts this trip... Snorkeling, sea kayaking were amazing... Thanks!
- U532UKhannahf00Amazing adventure.We had a great time and it was a fantastic trip. Experienced a lot of activities while seeing so much. Would highly recommend.
- Discover3594699187200An awesome adventureThe title of the tour is accurate. We had an awesome time. Our tour guide, Alfonso, was excellent. He quickly figured out our abilities and interests and tailored the tour accordingly. He was very knowledgeable about Ecuador and gave us an insider's perspective. There were a variety of activities and adventures and the accommodations were perfect. We could not have asked for a better trip. We would highly recommend this trip to anyone who's up for an adventure.
- 379sandyz00Great memoriesMarco was a wonderful guide, so full of knowledge & super friendly. I loved all the accommodation places, especially the Hacienda of Pinsaqui & Termas Papallacta with its hot thermal springs. The itinerary was good, I got to see a lot of Ecuador in the 5 days.
- Josh P00An amazing tripOverall an amazing experience from start to end. Personal highlights were exploring Quito Old Town, mountain biking in Llanganates National Park and canyoning in the jungle. Our guides Jeannin and Jorge were really helpful and knowledgeable which made the trip even better.
- Exploration24034200Pura Vida!Big trip. First week with Milton araund Quitoarea. Perfect. Thereafter Galapagos with Marica and Domenica. All three did the Job perfect. Thanks to AJTours. Well recommended. Pura Vida Mary and Jayjay
- 512thomasu00Papallacta tourThe tour to the hot springs were absolutely amazing. It was a really relaxing day and David shared so many interesting facts during the tour, I can really recommend 😊
- Vivienne12300Trip of a lifetimeWe have just returned from our trip which included Equador and the Galapagos with Adventure Journeys. We had such excellent guides. Diego in Equador was outstanding. He was so knowledgable and friendly and looked after us so well. As well as the fantastic experiences he gave us a real insight into this interesting country. Armando was also an excellent driver. On the Galápagos Islands our guide was Dagmar who was also wonderful. She is so knowledgable about these islands and the wildlife and we saw so many wonderful things with her. She really looked after us even supplying a celebration cake for our anniversary. Our highlights were the solar clock at 00 degrees, farm visit, Quito city, Charles Darwin Research Centre, Giant tortoise reserve and the boat trip seeing all of the wildlife and the swimming. This certainly was a trip of a lifetime.
- katemY2242ZR004 days in Galapagos after time in oeru and mainland EcuadorFabulous trip to Galapagos. Perfect guide named Dagmar who arranged a birthday and wedding anniversary surprise for us while there. Want to return and have Dagmar as a guide again. She was amazing and her knowledge and Pace was just right.
Yasuni Explorer provided by Adventure Journeys
Product Overview: Yasuni Explorer
Number of Photos