Kite Addict Colombia found the perfect school to fulfill your dreams! Our school is open all year. With 20 years in the world of kite, our school has a team of instructors with extensive experience in the practice and teaching of sport. We have all the necessary legal documentation for the execution of this sport. Our services include personalized and group kite classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced, equipment rental, kite trips for all levels to Cabo de la Vela and Punta Gallinas, as well as annual events such as Kite Camps or Kite Competitions. Our Kite courses include personalized instruction, equipment, helmet, vest, accident insurance and civil liability.
Duration: 4 days
Start time: Check availability
German, English, French, Dutch, Spanish
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Riohacha Airport, Riohacha Colombia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 171891P1
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 171891P1
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
About the operator
Kite Addict Colombia
Joined in October 2011
#1 of 4 Outdoor Activities in Mayapo
- Chillcarlos100Excelente, La Mejor de KiteKite Addict is a place you can call home away from home. They treat everyone like family and will constantly encourage you to participate in every activity they have to offer. It is an amazing place with the best vibes, amazing waves, and even greater people. Also a huge shout out to Tía María's for the best food in probably all of Riohacha. My experience with Kite Addict not only brought me new friends but even more unforgettable experiences. Huge shout out to the Kite Addict Family, I hope to return soon. Kite Addict es un Lugar Fúl Bacano Ustedes han brindado una de las mejores experiencias de mí vida y quiero decir gracias a toda mí gente de Kate Addict, ya ustedes son mí familia!!
- janacfa00Nice day with Kite Addict ColombiaWe decided quite spontaneously to book a kite surfing lesson and were able to go within one hour to the almost privat beach where Kite Colombia is operating. Our two guides were super nice and we were able to let the kite pull us through the water. Perfect first kite lesson!
- Jared S00Great kite schoolSuch nice teachers and overall an amazing experience. Would highly recommend as a destination spot or if you're doing other travels in the area
- michaelsR2797RV00Awesome kite trip and lessonsSo this was an Awesome kiteschool and spot (cabo de la vela) to learn kitesurfing. Firstly my Instructor Renzo was great, he is very patient and gives great tips, sometimes I still hear the sentence ‘hands in the middle’ in my sleep. He also did everything to make it easy around the kitesurfing, getting there, dinner etc. The place is great for kitesurfing and is off the beaten track which makes it extra cool. Dont expect any luxury’s like a shower ;). So a big Thank you to Renzo, Martin and Sophie for learning me to kite and the awesome vibe, we will definitely come back!!! Michaël & Muriël
- 638guyp00Either the most unprofessional guys I've seen in a while or just outright liers.I bought a used kite from them which they told me was a rebel 2018 without any damages and repairs, when I got to the beach I discovered a tear in the fabric with a poor attempt at repairing it and an air leak. While trying to give them the kite for repair they stood me up numerous times, dodged my calls for a few days and Kept making alot of promises and never delivered. After a week reading online about the kite trying to see if I could repair it myself I learnt the kite is not even from 2018 but one years older. When I told them about that they told me they didn't know becouse they bought it in 2018 so they thought it was a 2018 model... The story doesn't even end there and they managed to screw up so many times more. Martin is untrustworthy and I wouldn't recommend spending your time and money on those guys.
- BackPacker55067500Go to CaboThe kite surfing lessons in ríohacha were great, although expect to wait around a while before getting to kite. Communication with the school is not clear, don’t fall for the “packages” or “deals”. If you want to travel to Cabo de la vella, which you should, we recommend taking your own transport (not with a tour by kite addict) and finding a kite school there, they’re cheaper and equally as good. Once in Cabo you can jump on the back of a motorcycle with a local who can give you a nice tour for a small price (20.000). Shout out to the instructors at kite addict again though, very good teachers and nice guys!
- kejebeksisn00Wrong information providedContrary to what their website states, windsurfing is NOT possible. We contacted them before coming to Riohacha, and they confirmed windsurfing lessons would be possible this week. However, when we arrived at the shop, they told us they didn’t have the equipment for windsurfing. This was disappointed and we wish they would have been honest over Whatsapp. Another note: they don’t have an actual shop in Cabo de la Vela. You need to book a tour with them to get there.
- Max R00Great SchoolI took a 4-hour class today and I am really happy about it. The instructor was very experienced and they had a step-by-step curriculum. There’s also a spot next to the beach to take breaks and have drinks. I would recommend this spot to a friend and I will use them again when I come back. Suggestions to improve would be : I was reminded that if I broke the equipment I would pay for it, and I feel that was unnecessary when you’re a beginner. Also : Make the curriculum more flexible for the goal of the student. For example, I have no plan of kite surfing alone and I wanted to get to riding the board faster. We could have skipped the steps like how to pack/unpack the kite and how to retrieve the board. I could have learned these later. Those are really small details, my experience was 98% awesome and I would highly recommend this school. They go out of their way to teach you really well.
- Fabio M00Good experience but they do not have a permanent school anymore in CaboThey organized a 5 days with rental and supervision in Cabo for me. The good: They are nice and responsive. Knowledgeable about the location. They organize an efficient transport to Cabo. (Very useful if you don't speak Spanish. Not that useful if you do). The guide I had, Renzo, is a true rockstar. Knowledgeable guide, good instructor and in general a super nice guy. The bad: They DO NOT HAVE A PERMANENT SCHOOL ANYMORE in Cabo. They should be more transparent about it on their website. They used to have one and now they organize all inclusive kite expeditions from Riohacha. So the guide is going to carry the equipment you need with you and hopefully that s all you need for those days. Kites are not in their best conditions and if things broke for whatever reason or you would like to try other equipment you are screwed or they need to find last minute options with the local schools. Also the nice social vibe that apparently used to be at the school now it has to be found somewhere else. With the all inclusive option you are going to miss out lobsters and other great food options in the village. Probably better to get a deal with only breakfast or even just accomodation if you want a package
- FroggySydney00Great people great schoolMy only experience with kite addict was through renting gear but it was great. If you want to rent gear this is I think the best place with the best gear around. The other schools had older and about to break gear but the gear there was much better. Good kites, good harnesses, and boards. And big highlight lovely people. The two brothers who manage the place are incredible. They may be young but professional. And they rip on the water! Thanks guys for giving me an opportunity to kite El Cabo once in my life!
- Alejandro M00Great place to learnI had a very young teacher that was so good at kite surfing and knew how to teach patiently and without rushing the classes. I was able to stand on the surfboard and surf for some time at the end of the full course. Thank you for everything Aldrin, Felix and everyone at Kite addict!
- Michelle B00Nice spot but...Kite addict is a nice place. Sleeping in the hammocks is quite comfortable and the view from the terrace is amazing. Not to have running water makes you improvise and is ok for a couple of days. Martin and the other guys from the kite school are very friendly. I rented the equipment for kiting there and it's very new and works well. In my opinion, there are also several negative points to kite there: -The wind is always offshore and the school doesn't have a rescue boat. There is only one school at the very end of the town which has a rescue boat. -They for sure come to rescue but only with their kites. Once my kite was stuck in the fishernet and it took more than 10 minutes till the guys were here. (They had to inflate their kites first..) If I would have been hurt this could have been to late.. -If you rent the material, you can choose between only rental or also to get assistance for additional 20.000pesos per hour. In theory this means, that one guy is responsable for you the whole time and stays at the beach to watch you and to help if anything goes wrong. I booked the assistance one time but nobody was there when I needed help (or too late!) -Don't forget to ask about the area, where the sandbanks and the fishernets are! All in all it's a nice spot but maybe not the best for your security. There are also other kiteschools in town to check out.
- David S00Great place and great peopleI went to cabo for 5 days of kite surfing and it was an awesome experience. The kite addict hostel and kite school is located really good and the crew is really professional and chill. Most of them have good English!!
- Dunja L00Heaven on earthI am a beginner kitesurfer and came completely alone here to Cabo. It was incredible. Kitesurfing is good priced and teachers are amazing. Wind is perfect for spot. Sleeping in hammocks underneath the starts is just out of this world. People who work there are like a family and will welcome you just like that. Everything else is very simple including food and showers because most of the day you enjoy the sports. It's an escape from the heat and you will rest your soul there.
- Adrianolo00Lean back and kiteWhat a place - calm, laid back, perfect spot for kiting with stable winds, friendly people and perfect conditions!