Explore India’s first Green Village; Khonoma and witness the village lifestyle with an experienced guide who will take you to the village and hear it’s stories. Khonoma is an Angami Naga village located about 20 km west from the state capital, Kohima. The village is referred to as Khwuno-ra.
Ages 12-75, max of 6 per group
Duration: 7–8 hours
Start time: Check availability
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Khonoma Village
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 145467P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 145467P6
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Khonoma VillageStop: 7 hours - Admission includedWe start the tour by 9:00 am, a local guide along with vehicle to pick you from your hotel. Khonoma is located in 16kms away from Kohima, surrounded by rocky but green forest, should take us an hour drive. We shall stop by the memorial of a top Naga Patriot among the numerous ones and enter the scenic legendary village of Khonoma. A village that continue to safeguard its ecosystem and biodiversity through community efforts in conservation and traditional knowledge. The locally guided village walk upon stone crafted paths, visit historical forts & traditional houses and community gathering places which prove the ancestors bravery and defence system against enemy & the British since the end of the 19th century. We shall have some lunch in the village restaurant. After lunch we will begin the return to Kohima with a walk through the village to glance the vegetation in the mist of alder trees, and if you’re lucky enough; the semi-wild Mithuns which are famous & highly prized locally can be seen grazing or coming downhill. This concludes our day trip and we will be starting by 3pm to return on a countryside ride to your Kohima hotel. This concludes our day trip.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in April 2019
#1 of 1 Food & Drink in Kohima
- Natarajan S00Amazing experience--entire INdia should know about this State and the culture!Actually this is a review of the Festival in December 2021! A fantastic experience---all the districts of Nagaland represented in their resplendent glorious costumes and performjing dances, and other cultural displays. Superb stalls showcasing their handicrafts and artisans capablities; local food was available. Most unfortunate that the festival had to be closed before schedule due to a firing incident in the State.
- WandererShi00Most Professional and Reliable CompanyWander Nagaland provides a once in a lifetime experience of the exotic east! Their customised tours catered to all our needs even through the bumpy roads, it did not dissapoint
- garysE5869TE00Its very wonderful locationIts very wonderful location, I have ever seen this. Specially the view of this point is really unforgettable.I am very happy to visit Nagaland.I am so happy
- Silvia l00The best experience in my lifeThe best experience in my life .Awesome place I am really happy so I recommnded to all to visit there.Thank you
- angleusa00Good PlaceOutstanding experience with Wander Nagaland.They are very careful about customer services..Thank you
- Nicholas W00Good environment and professional skilled staff.Good environment and professional skilled staff.We are very happy to discover this place I recommended to all to visit hare at once.
- sayes-travel00wonderful this locationWhat a wonderful this location, I have ever seen this. Specially the view of this point is really unforgettable.I am very happy to visit Nagaland. Thanks to wander Nagaland.I will come again!
- Islamcse00Outstanding servicesWe are visited at nagaland in India.This was aweaome location and good staff and so on so we are really happy.Thank you
- Jamal U00Good servicesWe are really happy to visit Maryland .Outstanding service nice location thank you so much.we will came again and anytime.
- sm rony r00Nice location, We visited Nagaland with my family and relativesNice location, We visited Nagaland with my family and relatives. Every staff are very careful about their duties and responsibilities . Thanks for the hospitality. Thank you so much we will come again any time.
- Moklasur R00My tour was arranged by Wander Nagaland.My tour was arranged by Wander Nagaland. They are highly skilled and very careful about tourism and so on.Thank you so much
- Ashley S00What a place in there.What a place in there! Especially their service was so helpful. I was really satisfied with them.As per i know,it will refresh in mind if some one visit in here. First time i couldn't understand about their.But now i think it is a great place.
- Omar Faruk O00Good companyNice Company in my seen .They are very strong about tourism guide skills and technique.I am so happy that can’t imagine.This location was looking very nice.Thank you so much.
- fury b00they are good at their jobThere I got the best experience ever in my life.The place was really beautiful. Especially the people were very helpful.They are looking very nice. I was happy with them.
- Li J00Outstanding Place!Outstanding Place! We had been to Nagaland with my family with relative . The tour was arranged by Wander Nagaland. The staff are very pleasing and good communicator! Awesome experience with this company .I recommended them highly.