Ski lessons in Baqueira.
By ChurGómez / Al Alba
There are MANY ski teachers, but VERY FEW know and truly know their profession, and what is MOST IMPORTANT! : Know how to locate what you really need, and know how to transmit it so that you get benefit for you. I know what I am talking about: Years of experience, and hundreds of satisfied students. Can anyone offer you more?
Start time: Check availability
English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Learning, Training and Improvement, GUARANTEED.
- Material, Ski Pass and Restoration.
- Departure details
- Carrèr dera Pleta de Jus, 79, 25598 Baqueira, Lérida, Spain Baqueira ski resort. Exit of the cable car-1800m.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 170855P2
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 170855P2
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
About the operator
ChurGómez / Al Alba
Joined in July 2019
#1 of 19 Outdoor Activities in Baqueira
- benjaminmF79AM00Interesting course about Canyoning maneuversThis review is based on a single Self-rescue course done last April 2nd and 3rd, 2022, with a theoretic session made few days earlier. The course covered: Theory: An introduction to materials, knots and physical forces involved in falls. Practice: Anchors set-up, technics to safely escape from a blocked descensor (with a knot) and technics to pass a knot while abseiling. The material used in the self-rescue maneuvers were simple cords or webbings. Light, multi-purpose and easy to carry items, useful in many contexts such as wet and dry canyons or even caves. As we do not choose the moment where we get in trouble, being able to handle the situation with minimalist products made the course very interesting. Chur attitude during the course was positive and professional. He explained all subjects calmly and clear, helping us to assimilate them. The practices helped to put in action and better understand all maneuvers. The learned technics required several cords with strict specifications. We waisted valuable course time in preparing the material while it would have been way more productive if the equipment was provided by Chur. As a consequence, we run out of time and couldn't see additional technics. Something that could be easily improved. Something else with margin for improvement is the management previous to the actual course. There were some communications causing unpleasant misunderstandings. Some related also with the preparation of the equipment. Last but not least, the course was fun. Due to Chur and also to the rest of mates in the training, there was a friendly and positive environment. I enjoyed it very much.
- V3348VCad00Best canyoning guideI have done canyoning every year since 2015. I did it in Switzerland, Italy, Corsica. Then, in 2018 I did it with Chur in Sierra de Guarra. And since then I have done it only in Sierra de Guarra. The main and only reason is Chur. Although the mountains are beautiful too. Chur is a professional with almost 30 years of experience. He knows his job very well. He takes care of the people he guides, he encourage you when needed, teaches you and makes the overall experience exciting and memorable. But the most important thing is that Chur loves nature and is in sync with it. You can feel that he enjoys canyoning with you even if he had done it 30 days in a row with no days off. And when he has a day off, he goes to mountain again on his own to rock climb or somthing else. Chur has shown me how to be present in the moment, enjoy being in nature, forget the time, cell phones, to do lists and everything else. It is a good feeling. For that I am grateful to him.
- MaloGouryR00Amazing canyoning experience in the Sierra's canyons with Chur as a guide!Not very far from Barcelona, Chur organized a canyoning day for a group of 7 people. He handled this beginner group very professionally but by keeping lots of fun!
- 645jack00Rappel and Canyoning training @AlicanteWe had a great super professional training from Chur , “instructeur de maniobras de seguridad para verticales” Really a professional de “Montaña “ Very recommendable to join a training or just for rappel / Canyoning / via Ferrata / alpine climbing
- oksanar25100SUPER!Super guide! Felt very secured and protected during all activities. Enjoyed every stуз! Can only recommend him.
- GrandTour4252600Arguably the best guide on the planet earth!Had done 4 or 5 trips in Europe prior to having Chur as our guide in Sierra de Guara. The goal was always to go to as many different places and do different canyons. Chur spoiled it for us. In a good way, of course! His deep understanding of all the technical sides of the activity combined with his love for nature, knowledge of the human body and the sense of humour made us addicted to him. You do not meet many people who enjoy their work as much as Chur does. So we came back the next year to Sierra de Guara only to have a pleasure of having Chur guide us once again. 2 days with him will always make a larger impact than 2 weeks on the beach. Whatever you set of skill is, Chur will make sure you have the best time of your life.
- Jan_DG_6900What a great guy !!Of the 7 times we went canyoning in the Sierra de Guara, the last 5 were with Chur. That alone speaks for itself. He is such a multi-talented person: passionate about the mountains, very patient, professional and skilled as a guide and eager to get to know the group he is taking through the canyons. It is a real joy to experience canyoning with Chur as a guide, each time discovering new paths, extraordinary entries, spectacular views ... and I could go on. If I had more holidays, I would love to do a mountain tour with Chur. After all these years, from my side, I feel proud to call him my friend.
- globus-tracker00Awesome Canyoning Experience in Sierra de GuaraWe had Chur as our canyoning guide in Sierra de Guara several times over several years. It was an amazing experience every time. Chur knows every stone in the Canyons, he is very professional and respects the personal skills of all of his clients. If you want to have a great adventure, much fun and always feel safe, Chur is the perfect Canyoning guide! Very recommendable!
- 452adib00PyreneesBest mountain tour guide, had best time ever. Professional nice and friendly. Thank you very much Chur 🙏
- ninim40700The great trip to the PyreneesWe climbed the Pyrenees with great company and a guide we could rely on. Chur guided us for a period of two weeks in the mountains, he ordered the cabins beforehand, and planned the whole trip marvelously, to our satisfaction and pleasure.
- 198einavm00Best guide for perfect tripChur guide us through the Pyrenees mountains for 7 days, he was super professional, know his ways, gave us great advise before the trip and during the days. His days schedule was amazing and the total plan was flawless. As a person chur was kind polite and took are requests and wish’s into consideration time and time again. He definitely will hike with him again.
- MateM3700A great guide with a wide set of skils and experienceChur is super professional, i never had the feeling of not being safe. Totally trust him! Technically and socially skillful with a great portiin of humor.
- LRosen1300Incredible Outdoor Adventure Guide!Chur was the most incredible canyoning guide that I could of asked for! I was a bit nervous to go on my first canyoning trip but immediately felt at ease when I met Chur and saw how knowledgeable and prepared he was. He was thorough and patient while also being a ton of fun! I could not recommend Chur enough! He was a great canyoning guide and I'm hoping to go on some other outdoor adventures with him soon!
- olivier d00Canyoning in Sierra de guaraChurr is just the perfect guide. We met churr long time ago and every two years when we come to sierra we ask for churr. He still likes his job as it was the first season every year. He is enthousiastic and happy to share with you the pleasure to be in nature. He knows every details of the Sierra de guara and he is very secure. He is an outstanding guide and a very good person. We recomand Churr absolutly. Olivier from France
- vemai00Canyoning in Sierra de GuaraWe went canyoning in Sierra de Guara with Chur - awesome experience! Chur took us on some hidden descents & exits. Wonderful canyons with some jumping off a 8 m waterfall. Was a real highlight! Superb guide & fun :-)
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Mar 2019 • Friends
Chur was my ski instructor and was superb. Great guy excellent English and top quality instructor patient and clear instructions but willing to push to improve and challenge my skiing. If I had not been injured this season I was returning to Baqueira for further sessions with him
Written February 18, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
-Many, MANY thanks you so much for your kind words, Richard!! -I am very happy to know that they helped you, and that you will enjoy your good skiing even more... And although, I think you don't have much to improve, it will be a pleasure to show you the endless possibilities of "off-piste routes" that we have here in "Baqueira-Beret"... (But that will be when you be recover...) -Look after much yourself A LOT, and we see us, my friend!! A BIG hug to UK!
Written February 18, 2020
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.