Private Day Excursion To Tibetan Refugee Camp with Happy Valley Tea Estate Trip With Pickup and Drop Within any Darjeeling Location. Tea Garden and Tea Factory is Included. This is a Private Trip
You will Pick Up by our Trip representative in Morning 9 am at your Darjeeling Hotel and Start your Day Trip to Visit Tibetan Refugee Camp with Happy Valley Tea Estate Tour.
About Tibetan Refugee Camp Self Help center :
• This complex was setup by Tibetan refugees in Darjeeling on October 2, 1959 after they followed Dalai Lama and escaped from Tibet.
• Initially they started raising funds through donations, subscriptions, charity shows and even through exhibition soccer match. Soon they started receiving some funds from domestic and international voluntary organizations as well.
• A small center that started with only 4 workers with the objective of self rehabilitation and helping the under-privileged Tibetan community in the area, has now grown to accommodate more than 650 Tibetan refugees.
• You will see Tibetan men and women making exquisite hand crafted items like woolen shawls & carpets, carved wooden crafts, leather jackets, coats and lots of other items. They have a training center that imparts skills to the new workers.
About Happy Valley Tea Estate Tour:
• Happy Valley factory has been open to tourists since 2011. We conduct factory tours for our guests at our facility. The tour includes introduction to the history of Darjeeling and Happy Valley Tea Estate, explanation of tea cultivation in fields and manufacturing process of tea. This is be followed by a short tea tasting/appreciation session. The tour takes approximately one hour.
This is Private Trip with Transportation
Pickup and Drop Within any Darjeeling.