The blessed land of Olympia, as characterized by many, is a home to the most praised sanctuary of ancient Greece, dedicated to the father of the Gods, Zeus. It is the place where the most significant games of ancient Greece, the Olympic Games, were born, which were held every four years since 776 BC in honor of Zeus. The lighting of the Olympic flame takes place in ancient Olympia before each Olympic Game and proclaims the start of the Games. We will depart early in the morning and drive to the north side of the Peloponnese. After about 2 hours we will reach the village of ancient Olympia. You will have time to visit the archeological site where you will find the stadium, the gymnasium and temple of Zeus. Then you will visit the museum where you will admire the famous Hermes of Praxiteles. Finally you will have free time in the village for lunch and a walk.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 9–10 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- English Speaking Escort
- Bottled water
- Hotel Pick Up
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Olympia
- Entrance Fees to Sites
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up travelers from their place of residence
- Corinth Port
- Nafplio Port, PORT, Nafplio 211 00, Greece
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 130768P17
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Ancient Olympia Day Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Ancient Olympia Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Ancient Olympia Day Tour?
- Ancient Olympia Day Tour price starts from $216.84. Discover and book Ancient Olympia Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Ancient Olympia Day Tour cancellation policy?
- Ancient Olympia Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ancient Olympia Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Ancient Olympia Day Tour?
- Ancient Olympia Day Tour is hosted by Enjoy Tours Greece. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Enjoy Tours Greece on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ancient Olympia Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 130768P17
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Archaeological Site of OlympiaStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Archaeological Museum of OlympiaStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3OlympiaStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Enjoy Tours Greece
Joined in August 2018
#2 of 8 Tours & Activities in Loutraki
- mjs-ont00Enjoy Tours Greece - Loutraki Makes Travel in Greece Easy!What a wonderful day we spent with Marios as our driver and guide. He promptly picked us up at the agreed upon time in Corinth and drove us to the Kalavryta area in an air conditioned and very comfortable van. The tour company had purchased our train tickets ahead of time and he dropped us at the station to catch the hour long train ride up through the gorge to the town above. The scenery was spectacular on the ride then Marios met us at the top where we proceeded to the memorial in remembrance of the massacre of the entire male population of Kalavryta by the Germans in 1943. This stop was of particular interest to our group as two of the four were born in Greece. Then off we went to the Cave of Lakes for an amazing walk through the caves and visit to the very techy and brand new onsite museum. After we visited the oldest monastery in Greece, which has been rebuilt over the years, we ended the day with an excellent meal at a local restaurant and the drive home. Marios is a very personable, knowledgeable guide who easily communicated with us in both Greek and English and who also picked us up at the Athens airport and delivered us back there at the end of our trip. Enjoy Tours Greece provided us with excellent service throughout our trip and some of our family also used them this summer and last summer to facilitate their travels within Greece. We also completed a day of wine tasting in Nemea through ETG with Marios as our guide again. He definitely knows the best places to eat and has cultivated his contacts at the different locations of his tours.
- aguirreo1300Great experience!We had one Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth tour with Marios. He was friendly, professional and very accommodating. He made us feel comfortable and he was very knowledgeable. Because of that we reserved a second tour the day after for Napflio, Mycenae and Nemea. Once again Marios was a great guide, very flexible and friendly. We did not feel rushed, on the contrary. It was a great deal and we had lots of fun. We are planning to go again next year!
- Aleksandra K00Incredible experienceI had the most incredible experience with Mario’s. He was very professional and friendly. Places we visited will always bring a smile on my face. Just amazing. Thank you so much
- caloyb00Truly enjoyable!Planning this private tour of 17pax went very smoothly as they were very responsive to my e-mails leading up to the day. As it was just for our group, they were flexible enough to make changes on our itinerary even during the day itself since we had very limited time and had companions that had trouble walking long distances. The tour itself was great, going to sights that were all new and interesting to all of us; and the tour guide was very knowledgable delving into details I don't think we would have ever appreciated if not for her.
- 182hendrikf00A paradise private tripThe trip with a driver to Corinth, Mycene, Thyrene, Nafplio, Epidravos was superb. We did visit at our ease all places and momuments we intended. When our next grandchild is more grown up, we will propose him this paradise . Hendrik, Ivy and Basten, BE-9840 De Pinte, Belgium
- HeatherS480100Marios is AMAZING!Marios was fantastic! He was beyond accommodating even with some drop off adjustments and made the entire day easy! He went above and beyond allowing me to see the changing of the guard, helped me order a coffee (in Greek) and even helped find me a money exchange location. He has definitely made this trip even better!
- Q6593XYenricov00Beyond Expectation!This was one of the funnest excursions I’ve ever been on. Ask for Mario as your driver. He took us around Loutraki and really made us feel the true essence of the culture and natural world. Worth the price!
- valmirob202200Very good experienceDriver on time. Very nice person. Comfortable car. We saw a lot of interessant things during the trip. We told Marios that we would come back in the area and that we would again choose lmtours in Loutraki (Enjoy Tours Greece) next time.
- josejA4610ZC00Delphi experienceGreat experience! We had a wonderful day at Delphi and village of Arachova. We visited the ruins and the temples. Our escort was very friendly and gave us a lot of information. We recommend!!!
- LorraineLEIBADAKI00Explore Blue Lake & Temple of Hera, Loutraki Greece, 20300. And we want to go again and see more details.Our favourite part was all of it! We will repeat the same tour and check out more details. First we will head to Gerania mountain, right next to the town of Loutraki. Our first stop will be at a spot of 700 meters of altitude next to Osios Patapios monastery. This is a great spot in order to admire the Corinthian Golf and the Corinth Canal from above. We will talk about out the history of the area, enjoying the amazing view. We will drive through olive tree fields to the edge of the mountain and the Temple of Hera. You will feel the unique aura of this "open air" museum and imagine how ancient Greeks where using the location as a port. Our final destination will be Lake Vouliagmeni or Blue Lake. The salty lake is a place of amazing natural beauty. We will swim to the crystal clear water and enjoy our refreshments.
- novadg00Wine tasting best experienceWhat a great experience!! We had a half day visit to wineries and tasted some great local varieties. Everything was excellent organized. Thanks
- FrequentFlier10137700A taste of GreeceEverything was perfect! Many thanks to Dimitris and his wife Irene who guided us all day. She was really sweet and her comments were really helpful. My family and I will definitevely recommend it. Thanks again!
- drask202000Tour from Loutraki to Athena by LMtoursIt’s was super thanks to Dimitri and Irene from LMtours. They gave me a fantastic day in Athene. Thanks it was super !!
- goncalvesjosepcf00ImperdívelIf you love history don’t miss this place. One of the best in Greece. The location is marvelous, the site wonderful You can get a real idea about a Greece and Roman village.
- michaelrC6451ZH00Visit to CorinthVery interesting visit to the archeological sites of Corinth. Myrto, who acted as our guide and driver gave us a good tour but also drove with care. Myrto was also helpful in answering my questions about Greece, its politics and economy. I enjoyed my day very much and would recommend the tours on offer by Dimitris and his staff.