Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll start atBelize Cultural Adventure Travel ServicesOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1XunantunichStop: 2 hours - Admission includedXunantunich means the “Stone Maiden” in the Maya language. Since 1892, numerous people have claimed to have seen a ghost here, dressed completely in white with red glowing eyes.Ongoing excavations have revealed that the Xunantunich mayan ruins in Belize probably played an important role in the political power struggle of the Classical period. It seems likely that it joined in an alliance with Caracol & Calakmul in Mexico to bring down Tikal in Guatemala. Xunantunich stands on a flattened hilltop, overlooking the Mopan River in Belize. There are 5 plazas on site, which were once part of this Maya civic ceremonial center. However they are completely overshadowed by the towering El Castillo, or The Castle – it’s what makes the Xunantunich mayan ruins in San Ignacio one of the top destinations in Belize.Read more
- You'll end atBelize Cultural Adventure Travel ServicesSouth Rd, Hopkins, BelizePalmento Grove Office. South Road Hopkins beside Francisco's vegetable store.See address & details
Belize Cultural Adventure Travel Services, South Rd, Hopkins, Belize
Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Belize Cultural Adventure Travel Services
THIS IS A MUST DO EXCURSION when in BELIZE 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
We just returned from spending the morning and early afternoon at the Garifuna Cultural & Culinary Adventure. The h…
A really nice place for a forest walk
Don't expect to see a jaguar, most folks don't. However, this is a lovely preserve offering a variety of hiking tr…
Great tour to the Southern Ruins! Ms. Uwahnie was very pleasant ans knowledgeable about the Belizean culture. We ca…
Learning and Cooking Together! Awesome!
Our time spent there was transformative. It’s a must do for anyone visiting Belize and a reason in and of itself to…
The real deal
No cheesy gimmicks here. A real family showing us how to make real food. It was wonderful. It would be great for…
Garifuna Cultural Experience
Our tour guide Jimmy was amazing! We were picked up for the tour and driven to Hopkins. From there we took a short …
A day in the waterfalls
We were surprised by the accommodations, bathroom, cabins to change clothes, etc. on the water falls of the reserve…
The best true experience!!
We got there by chance wondering around with the bikes in Hopkins. Eugene stayed with me and my friend, just the 2 …
Great experience! Great learning! Great time! Great foods! Great people! Please go!
My husband and I took the Garifuna Cultural & Culinary Tour. If you are into learning about the culture of the nati…
Guide was good!
No jaguars to be seen (I kind of got the impression they were quite elusive) but did see a poisonous pit viper. Le…
Incredible hands-on immersive experience!
We found this tour through Belize Cultural Adventure Travel Services on the main street in Hopkins, and booked it r…
Making lunch was great fun
Palmento has a rich slate of cultural activities. All my family did was lunch, but that was enough to know I'd like…
My husband caught a 20lb cobia!
Come share in the amazing vision of this place - catch a fish, practice cooking hudot with fresh fruits and veggies…
My husband and I went to the Garifuna Cultural Center on March 3, 2019 and spent two nights, three days there. The …
Quite the adventure
We booked our trip through Hopkins Bay Resort. Jose, was more than knowledgeable as a tour guide and was quite ente…
- Duration: 6–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site
What time does Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site start?
Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site will start at 6:30 AM. Discover and book Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site on Tripadvisor
How much is Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site?
Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site price starts from $259.00. Discover and book Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site on Tripadvisor
What is the Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site cancellation policy?
Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Xunantunich Maya Archaeological Site on Tripadvisor