Meet the tour group at Pier 55 on Seattle’s Central Waterfront to begin this 4-hour excursion to Tillicum Village in Blake Island State Park. From the waterfront, it’s a scenic 45-minute, live-narrated cruise to Tillicum Village.
Upon arrival, enjoy some steamed clams as an appetizer before dinner. Inside the cedar longhouse, watch fish being carefully prepared over open fires — the way it has been for centuries — before a buffet dinner with Northwestern cuisine is served. After the meal, sit back and watch an incredible stage performance that combines Coast Salish storytelling and traditional Native American dance. Tillicum Village is the only place in the world to see these dances and hear these songs, performed by the dancers whose families have owned them for generations.
After the show, choose from any number of different activities: Explore the beaches or forest trails, watch a wood-carving demonstration or visit the gift shop and take a tour of the artwork in the back garden and around the facility. Those are just a few of the possibilities before the return voyage to Seattle’s waterfront.Menu:
• Traditional Alder Baked Fish: Savor this centuries‐old treat! The fish, baked around alder wood fires on cedar stakes, is unlike anything you have ever tasted. Taking approximately one hour to bake slowly to perfection, the fish retains moisture and takes on a wonderful mild flavor unique to this style of cooking and is served with a signature Juniper Berry Seasoning.
• Signature Beef Stew: This thick meaty stew is full of flavors beef combined with root vegetables and potatoes for a mouth‐watering dish.
• Wild Grain Harvest Rice: Try this wonderful combination of wild and regular rice, cooked to perfection with onions, garlic and a fragrant vegetable stock.
• Warm Whole Grain Tillicum Bread: This rich, dark, slightly‐sweet bread is made with a hint of molasses and served warm with butter. This bread is so popular, in fact, you can even purchase an extra loaf to take home!
• Field Greens Salad: Seasonal greens, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, Oregon blue cheese and served with stone ground rosemary dressing or raspberry vinaigrette served on the side.
• Tri‐Colored Bean Salad: A colorful display of marinated creamy‐white cannelli beans and bright, fresh green beans tossed with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and shallots in a red‐wine vinaigrette.
• Fresh Fruit Salad: Assorted melons, grapes, strawberries and pineapple served with a strawberry honey dipping sauce.
• Northwest Dessert Treat: A Northwest inspired finish to your meal.
• Coffee, Tea, Lemonade