A super exciting scooter will add to your Alaskan experience like nothing else. We make sure to give everyone a free, hands on riding tutorial before each tour. It is the perfect opportunity to try something exciting if you’ve never done it before and to give your inner child a chance to come out and play.
Our 3 Hour Scooter tour consists of a 30 minute safety briefing / riding tutorial, 2.5 hours on the scooter for a 19 mile return trip, stopping at all of Skagway’s stunning scenic overlooks and many historic sites, including the Historic Gold Rush Cemetery, Lower Reid Falls, Long bay Overlook, the head of the Chilkoot Trail and more. You will be accompanied by a guide who will narrate all the stops and is happy to answer all your questions.
Our tour groups consist of eight riders and a tour guide. Tours depart at 10:30am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm. Please ensure you arrive promptly at the start of your tour as there will be some forms to fill out and a tutorial to complete.
You must be 18 years of age and will be required to provide a valid driver’s license, so make sure you bring it with you to the shop.
What to Expect:
• Starts from a central location in downtown Skagway
• Includes a tutorial class for all riders, new and old
• Stops include the Historic Gold Rush Cemetery, Lower Reid Falls, Long Bay Overlook, the Chilkoot Trail Head, Scenic City Overlook and more!
• Experience Skagway and the surrounding area from the seat of a Honda Ruckus Scooter!
• Keep an eye out for wildlife, this tour is an awesome opportunity to see bald eagles, golden eagles, bears, seals, sea lions, moose, and more!
• Smell the ocean air and enjoy the wind in your hair as you experience some of Alaska’s most pristine beauty
• Learn the rich history of the 1898 Gold Rush and why Skagway is known as the Gateway to the Klondike
• Take some incredible photos and make memories to last a life time
• See why people call this tour “the best adventure they’ve had on their entire trip”