Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 1–24 hours
Start time: Check availability
Norwegian, German, Swedish, Russian, Korean, Portuguese, English, Italian, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Danish, Dutch
- Use of bicycle
- Bike lock
- Map of Central Park
- Departure details
- 117 W 58th St, New York, NY 10019, USA
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 37907P16
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Central Park Bicycle Hire?
- Central Park Bicycle Hire price starts from $15.00. Discover and book Central Park Bicycle Hire on Tripadvisor
- What is the Central Park Bicycle Hire cancellation policy?
- Central Park Bicycle Hire cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Central Park Bicycle Hire on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Central Park Bicycle Hire?
- Central Park Bicycle Hire is hosted by Central Park Bike Ride. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Central Park Bike Ride on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Central Park Bicycle Hire on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Central Park Bicycle Hire?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 1h. Discover and book Central Park Bicycle Hire on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 37907P16
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Central Park Bike Ride
New York City, New York
Joined in March 2011
#84 of 444 Outdoor Activities in New York City
- barty100000Fabulous fun way to see all of Central Park!We booked a 2 hour e-scooter trip around Central Park with guide Philip and what an amazing and fun experience it was. Zipping around the park on scooters with zero effort means you can savour the sights and sounds of the park!! Point of note - there are some quite hilly sections towards the back end of the park after the reservoir so having an e-scooter meant we could get around quickly and easily. Watching the cyclists struggle on the hilly sections in the heat made us glad we had chosen electric scooters! Philip was very knowledgeable about the history and origins of the park. He made the trip fun and entertaining and the time flew by. We enjoyed it so much we returned and hired the scooters again - on our own this time. You get to see the whole of the park that you wouldn’t be able to do on foot. You do have to dismount in places though and walk to some of the spots for photos as you cannot access the smaller paths for safety reasons but other than that was simply great ! Easily the most fun thing we did in NYC! Highly recommended!!
- karendB110AK00Great way to see Central Park. Definitely recommendGuide was great. Very knowledgeable and personable. Bike fitting was non existent. Bikes were ok but not great. Need water bottle holders.
- RRG00500Lazy Employee at desk at 117 WBe careful…..there are 2 locations for this business I bought the ride at 117 W 58th St When I walked into the building….there was only 1 customer in front of me….who was turned away…. I found out then that I was being turned away…. The guy at the desk asked me which address I bought my excursion through…. I responded “I’m assuming here since this is where the map brought us to!” He quickly responded …..no you need to go to the other location down the street…. We arrived to the other location which had a very long line….evidently the guy at 117 W was sending everyone there!!! We barely made it to have our allotted 2 hour ride The gal at the desk was great….appeared to be the only one that spoke English… She offered us helmets….but I didn’t realize that we should have also been offered locks and a map. Anyway we had fun riding our bikes around Central Park but be aware….there are hills!
- Sdangie200Fun central park activityFun activity 😊Great way to see Central Park, Phillip was a nice tour guide and provided really good info regarding history of Central Park 🙁 my only suggestion would be for the guide to slow down a bit on his scooter so that those who are on regular bikes can keep up. Many times I felt like I was on the tour by myself I would still recommend this tour
- jennyc21201800Great bike tour!This bike tour was great from start to finish. The instructions were clear. We had no issue arriving at the pick up location. We were met by the staff at the bike store. We were paired with our tour guide Philip who did a great job giving us history of Central Park, he was funny and understanding of us having kids which slowed us down a bit. I would recommend to anyone.
- CheshireLaddie00April Cycle Ride in Central ParkInteresting 2 hour bike tour around Central Park. Guide Isaac provided a detailed history of the park from it formation to current day. Route was easy to ride. Tour started at 10am I would advise arriving at 9.30 as the Unlimited Rental site he’s very busy with long queues for rental forming quickly. You can opt to take out voluntary insurance at $10 per bike. Bikes were in an okay standard condition good enough for a 5 mile ride round the park but not for longer rides.
- Aimee196800Great bikes and the staff was accommodating and nice.Everyone was very nice and helpful. Their service was wonderful! I made the mistake of not knowing my way around Central Park or the neighborhoods. I was not aware that when I reserve the bikes, the bike shop was a few blocks away from Central Park. I assumed that the bike shop was in central park or right next to it. Because I did not feel comfortable having my kids ride through traffic to get to Central Park, I asked for a refund/cancellation when we arrived at the store. The employee was very nice and told me about the companies closer location. We walked to that location and rented our bikes from that place. There are different locations to ranger bicycles. In the future we will rent at the location either right in the park, or right next to the park. Again, I did not know that there were different locations and was not familiar with the area. I assumed renting bikes in Central Park meant that the bikes would be in Central Park, not a few blocks away. Now I know. They were very accommodating to us. Thank you.
- cmyssyk00Discovering again Central ParkAaron was really good, and we where able to see everything that was meaningfull. Weather was perfect and the group as well.
- chuckdU4944BB00Fraudulent 5pm tour, refund pending indefinitely!I booked a reservation for 5pm for the tour, which apparently did not exist. A few hours before the tour was scheduled to start, a Peter McGovern of the tour called to inform Trip Advisor posted the 5pm tour time in error and the tour is only scheduled at noon. Upon requesting a full refund for a scheduled tour which did not exist, he assured me I would receive a full refund confirmed in an email sent to the same email address I used to book the tour, within a couple minutes after our conversation ended. A day later, I have not received this email confirmation nor a full refund. Obviously, this tour smacks of fraud and the charge for the tour I intend to contest.
- lanagoder00Good ride overall! Come earlier. Cafe as a bonus!Pros: - Quick 2+ hours ride in Central Park with a nice morning weather (we did the 10 am one) - Short line, fast check-in if you purchased your tickets online (we did via TripAdvisor and just showed one barcode from Apple Wallet for 3 tickets) - Highlights overview with the guide - Good for saving time - Great location, very close to the Central Park and as a bonus right next to a cute and tasty Cafe Serafina - we went there for lunch right after the ride. Cons: - Not organized gear pickup guidance, nobody really will help you unless you ask. - Nobody tells you upfront that you don’t need a helmet unless you’re under 14 y.o. We were wondering around looking for helmets and thought that everyone must wear one until we asked an employee. - Nowhere in the instructions it says that you have to come ahead of time (but you do need at least 10 min to check-in, try and get a bike, helmets for kids, find your guide) - No way to see/choose in advance your guide. Our guide had a very thick French accent that was quite hard to understand, even though I’m bilingual and have been living in the states for more than a decade. - The guide has no microphone, so it’s hard to hear what they say sometimes. - If you have older or not very fit family members, they will be behind the pack. Sometimes the guide turns at unexpected point and the ones who behind might not see the signal. Stay close together as much as you can and keep an eye on the guide’s trajectory. - Sometimes it’s hard to distinguish who’s from your group. I wish they had some colorful stuff or bikes that easy to spot. - All bikes look the same, I wish they all had numbers, so it’s easy to find yours after each sightseeing stop.
- 923stefaniee00Fun, informative tour!Fantastic morning in the Park with a top notch, very personable tour guide. So glad we did this instead of riding around on our own. The history and hidden gems were so worth it!
- Momof4boys7200Just OKBike rental was a good price, but we were not provided with a map as advertised. Bikes are not well maintained and the one I rode did not shift to an easier gear so going up hills was difficult. Also, be aware that bikes are only allowed on the large outer path in Central Park. If you want to go on any of the interior paths, you have to walk your bike. Almost not worth it rent a bike if you want to go on the interior paths and see any of the sights.
- Chrissie W00And absolute mustTook the walking tour of Brooklyn Bridge and Dumbo with our fabulous guide Edward. We learnt so much and had an awesome time. Another thing ticked off the bucket list. Thank you Edward.
- 8andersonl00A brilliant way to discover Brooklyn BridgeMy friend Chrissie and I did the Brooklyn Bridge walking tour yesterday and had a brilliant time. Edward our guide was fantastic and was so informative. Learnt so much about the bridge and the surrounding areas. We ended up in Dumbo which was so interesting and fantastic restaurants to explore. Would highly recommend it for a great way to spend a couple of hours whilst visiting NYC and you learn a lot. Again big thanks to Edward for making it so interesting. Lisa Anderson UK
- richh56800Broken bikes. Staff don't care/apologize/refund.We hired two bikes from this store after being sold them on the edge of the park. Unfortunately it soon became apparent that the bikes were very poorly maintained. The chain on one of our bikes fell off 4 or 5 times for no reason. The only upside of the poorly maintained bikes was that I could put the chain back on without getting any oil on my fingers at all. Eventually, after stopping every couple of minutes we just gave up and pushed the bike back to the store. When we got back, we suggested it only seems fair that we were refunded for one of the bikes, as it did not meet the standard we were sold. The member of staff in the store refused but understood our point so put us on the phone to a manager from a different store. The manager, after putting us on hold, hanging up, and then finally speaking to us after we phoned back, very rudely tried to blame us for the situation. We were told the bikes were well maintained, which I explained how this could not be the case. Then they used the defence that we could have called the helpline in small print on our receipt. At no point when we were hiring the bikes was this number pointed out to us should we need it. Being two UK travellers we didn't have phone that would have worked for this anyway, so I explained this wasn't a viable option either. I do understand that these bikes are used a lot and things will go wrong but I just wish people could be honest and own up when they have not met the standard which has been sold. Unfortunately that is not the case here. If we'd have paid $5 then I'd have said fair enough but at $20 per bike I'd expect much better! Avoid at all costs.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Il noleggio delle bici si trova a 100 m dall’ingresso di Central Park. Le bici sono in buone condizioni. Il cestino è fondamentale per lo zaino! All’interno del parco ci sono varie fontanelle per rifornirsi di acqua. L’unico neo è dato dal fatto che il parco si può girare in bici solo lungo l’anello asfaltato: le parti interne sono inibite al passaggio di bici e monopattini. Quindi con un po’ di pazienza, bisogna parcheggiare e camminare a piedi per addentrarsi e vedere gli angoli nascosti. La mappa viene fornita tramite codice QR. Noi abbiamo optato per bici classiche (no elettriche) ed è stata davvero una bellissima esperienza!
Written July 31, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Central Park Bicycle Hire provided by Central Park Bike Ride
Product Overview: Central Park Bicycle Hire
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos