New York and How It Got That Way:
Visionaries, Dreamers and Schemers and How They Shaped the Look and Outlook of Manhattan
An eye opening, provocative tour that will have participants
• Cheering the Dutch for inspiring our true foundations
• Boo-ing the English for treating New York as an ATM machine
• Re-evaluating Thomas Jefferson
• Thanking Alexander Hamilton for the city's skyscrapers
• Celebrating forgotten heroes who saved New York from disaster
The Guides: Passionate about New York and its often improbable history
The Do-Good: A portion of each booking will be donated to Graham Windham, a children’s service organization created in 1806 by Alexander Hamilton’s widow, Elizabeth Schuyler-Hamilton, and friends
The Route: Battery Park ➤ Wall Street ➤ SoHo ➤ Washington Square Park ➤ Grand Central Terminal ➤ Carnegie Hall ➤ Central Park ➤ Lincoln Center
Transportation: a Luxury coach with some easy walking
Who should take this tour?
• Veteran New Yorkers
• Newly minted New Yorkers
• Tourists who want to know more than just the height of the Empire State Building (A before-you-go primer takes care of such essentials)
• Corporations looking for a way to inspire employees with tales of persistence and grit that got New York to where it is today
• Students, to encourage them to never give up their big ideas.
• Teachers, to encourage students to think big
• Or anyone looking for some surprising history or salacious gossip to share at the next dinner party.