Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 21-99, max of 10 per group
Duration: 2h 30m
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Times Square
- Entry/Admission - Landmark Tavern
- Entry/Admission - Algonquin Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Departure details
- New Amsterdam Theatre, 214 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USA 6 PM Wednesdays and Fridays
- The Landmark Tavern, 626 11th Ave, New York, NY 10036, USA
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 67369P10
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl on Tripadvisor
- How much is Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl?
- Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl price starts from $64.00. Discover and book Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl on Tripadvisor
- What is the Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl cancellation policy?
- Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl?
- Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl is hosted by Urban Village Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Urban Village Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 67369P10
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atNew Amsterdam Theatre214 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USA6 PM Wednesdays and FridaysSee address & details
- 1Times SquareStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Landmark TavernStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Algonquin HotelStop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atThe Landmark Tavern626 11th Ave, New York, NY 10036, USASee address & details
About the operator
Urban Village Tours
New York City, New York
#162 of 306 Food & Drink in New York City
- ezragg00Unprofessional, boring, unrehearsedJust like the other reviews said, the guide showed up late and we had no way to get in contact with him. He walked us all over manhattan and multiple times had to double back because he went the wrong way. He read the entire script off of his phone with absolutely no personality. Thankfully the other couple on the tour was friendly and made the tour fun because the guide did absolutely no favors. At some point, the guide was literally googling things to make sure he had the facts right. While I wasn’t expecting all the drinks to be included based on the description, what came as a shock was having to cover the tour guide’s drinks! What kind of operation makes you pay for a tour and then also makes you pay for the tour guide to have drinks??? Not to mention that with the guide being late and making so many wrong turns, by the time we got to the last place, it was last call and the staff was trying to clean and leave. Definitely will never be doing anything else with this company and will be warning everyone to stay away.
- Laureli H00Uncomfortable ExperienceSee previous review. I was trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he improved over 2 months time but what the other review said happened at our experience too. Guide was late, walked us all over town, read the info off his phone… the tour wasn’t spooky. First drink WAS complimentary like advertised but at the second AND third places, the guide pushed the check to my husband who uncomfortably paid for the tour guide’s drinks! Very unprofessional. Find another way to spend your time or just Google cool bars in NYC and go. Save your $$$.
- jennifercC1379PW00Good potential for a tourGuide was not organized and did not make any reservations so we did not get into any places advertised. Drinks were supposed to be included in at least one stop but wasn’t. That being said he was super knowledgeable about the neighborhood and very friendly. His information was interesting and he had lots of pictures to share.
- Patrick S00Tour never happened as tour guide did not turn upWe waited at the meeting spot for over an hour and no one turned up. This was disappointing, frustrating and left me very angry. I would suggest not booking this tour.
- D1765ACkrisb00Drinks not included… don’t go!Drinks were supposed to be included and we had to pay for all of our drinks including the tour guides. He was not very knowledgeable either.. he always said, “I think”not “I know!”. Hope we get some $$ refunded
- Dylan84300Worst Ghost TourI have undertaken multiple ghost tours across the UK and USA over several years, and without doubt this ranks as the worst. It was advertised on TripAdvisor as a ghost pub crawl, which implies that it’s heavily geared towards the paranormal. The tour started with an opening over “it’s mostly history with a few ghost stories”. This is not what I wanted, but thought I would give the benefit of the doubt. However, it soon became apparent that it was poorly planned and researched. This was evidenced by the ad hoc route and the fact that the guide repeatedly had to take out a guidebook and consult notes on his phone at several stops. On numerous occasions, he even read directly from the script on his phone because he did not know the stories! I am so glad that my friends did not accompany me on this tour as I would’ve been mortified that they had paid money for this. I could’ve simply brought a copy of “Haunted Manhattan” out with me and read it myself and saved £43! Avoid this tour and book with Haunted Manhattan! I’ve just done one of their tours and it was superb.
- melissacC9074AN00Give it a go!I had a good time! Aaron had lots of fun knowledge of the local bars and relevant trivia. He was kind and funny, and I enjoyed his company ☺️ If you are looking for some good spots to grab yummy cocktails and hear about the local history, give this tour a try!
- Emily M00No showWould rather give zero stars . Tour guide never showed up . Did not return phone calls . Will be reporting to BBB
- Mark O00Wasted Time...Tour Guide Did not show upWe booked this tour on Friday Morning for a Saturday Tour. Received confirmation from Tripadvisor along with the electronic ticket from viator. we showed up at the designated starting point in front of the 21 Club 15 minutes before the start time (2:00pm). there was one other couple waiting around. at 2:10pm I called the Phone number for the tour company and left a message on voice mail and never received a call back. Tripadvisor and Viator do not make it easy to find their contact information...it took some serious digging around. I finally got in touch with Viator later that night to get a refund commitment. Tripadvisor would be well advised to remove this tour company from their website. We ended up going to all the Bars on our own...Nothing Special and all within a couple of blocks of each other. Save your money and time.
- Erica H00Saved our group's night!Myself and a group had been waiting for another tour company that ended up being a no show and we luckily ran into Aaron! He kindly let us join his tour in the middle of it and ended up saving our night. We had so much fun and he was very friendly and knowledgeable. He gave us a history of prohibition relative to the area and places we visited and even had pictures to go along with the story. We all highly recommend taking his tour! :)
- lysalee00Don't waste your money or time on this tour!We took the Ghost Pub Crawl this week on Valentine's Day. We wanted to share our feedback so you don't waste your money or time on this. 1. He were almost 30 minutes late and didn't send a text, email or call to let us know. I had to research how to contact him. 2. He didn't even apologize for being late but said we could extend the tour to 9:30pm. Our timeline was until 9pm and it should have stated on time to end on time. 3. The tour was supposed to include a complimentary cocktail and every bar he chose was so crowded. He didn't offer to buy us a round. As the expert he should know not to have a tour on a holiday or have prearranged seats/ reservations. It was so uncomfortable that the other couple on tour told us they were miserable and leaving after the first half hour, but we tried to stick it out. 4. The tour was supposed to be of just Greenwich Village and yet he took us all the way to the Eastside for no reason. The entire walk seemed unnecessary and was without any information, history or a reason for going so far east. We were in the heart of Greenwich village with so much information and wonderful places we could have explored. The fast walking and long distances really didn't make sense and should have been listed. 5. A 'pub crawl' would imply that we are in multiple pubs at least half of the time where it's not crowded and we can learn history and enjoy a cocktail. This did not happen! We've been on many over the years and can't recommend this to anyone. We trusted him to create a lovely valentines night tour and instead it was very uncomfortable and a waste of time and money.
- Paul B00Drinking up HistoryAaron took us to a half dozen fascinating places and told amazing stories about the entertainers, politicians, and mobsters who dominated prohibition. The tour is a great way to learn about New York and the 1929's.
- John K00“Private tour” went TERRIBLY WRONG!Basically, the tour was SO bad that we ended it and parted ways with our tour guide after our first speakeasy, which we did not reach until 30 minutes into the tour. We were looking forward to this tour of the Greenwich speakeasies, but it was hopeless from the very beginning. We had been on several different New York City tours this week and had wonderful experiences, but this one was BAD... VERY BAD. Our guide, Aaron Tabackman, the owner of Urban Village Tours and a self proclaimed “improvisation expert” who “walks and talks fast” has limited knowledge of Greenwich Village and its speakeasies. As we walked he read to us historical landmark signs and appeared to be skimming Wikipedia and Google on his cell phone. He was just quoting to us whatever he read. His walking and talking fast seemed to be his attempt at covering up his lack of knowledge. He was also filthy... his clothes stained and his finger tips stained with blood (I can’t and wouldn’t make this up.) suffice to say we were terribly uncomfortable from the moment we met him. We finally got to a speakeasy about 30 minutes into the walking tour and shared a drink with Aaron. Though the drink was good, it gave us the right amount of “liquid courage” to tell him we had enough and wanted to part ways. Please read the other reviews for Urban Village Tours and save yourself the frustration, discomfort, time and money. I wish I could get my money back.
- rrobynec00Just say NoI really did not want to write this review. I try to give fair and accurate reviews. I don't like giving bad reviews though. However this was the most awful tour I have ever been on. The only redeeming thing was that the bars we went to were classy and served unique and delicious cocktails (albeit pricey $14; $17 & $15). Since we did not pay full price for the tour no cocktails were included in the tour price. The last establishment only accepted cash so only one of us were able to sample a cocktail. The owner/guide Aaron was not a subject matter expert and needed to rely on Google and wikipedia to answer our questions. To enhance his presentation he had a tablet with a PowerPoint that he was continuously editing during the tour. We were supposed to visit 4 locations but we were turned away/waitlisted at one establishment. We chose not to wait because we didn't want to spend more time than needed on this tour. I was not going to write a review because I actually felt sorry for Aaron. I was convinced to write it to save others from spending their hard earned money on this tour
- Joanne D00Poor customer serviceI have contact the tour company on three separate occasions over the past three weeks regarding with questions regarding their tour and no one has responded to any of my inquiries.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Nov 2018 • Friends
3 of us visited New York from 6th to 10th November . we paid £53 each for this ghost hunt and pub crawl round Times Square. we met with guide and started off in a posh bar for a drink before commencing on walk. there were 6 of us including guide and he ordered 3 Martinis but with 6 glasses! we were mortified! this was our free drink we were advised was included in the price. we entered a hotel that was supposed to be haunted but could tell we were not supposed to be there! stopped outside a few places and the guide told us some history of the place. He mumbled and stumbled throughout all his talks, even to the point we thought he was actually intoxicated! worse trip of my life and I would NOT recommend this to anyone, £53 for an utter shambles/poor/boring/unprofessional night!!!
Written November 18, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl provided by Urban Village Tours
Product Overview: Times Scare! Ghost Pub Crawl
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos