Begin your tour in the cultural heart of Harlem, where you'll learn about the roots of African-American gospel culture and the experience from which gospel music emerged. You'll also learn about how gospel music influence American culture from blues, jazz, and rock 'n' roll to the Civil Rights movement.
The highlight of your tour is stepping inside a church to listen to a soul-stirring Harlem gospel choir.
Highlights of the tour could include:
- The world-famous Apollo Theater
- The Hotel Theresa
- Adam Clayton Powell Jr State Office Building
- Beautiful homes and churches
- Sites associated with Harlem Renaissance
- Sites associated with Martin Luther King and Malcolm X
Join us for an inspiring journey through the history of gospel on the Harlem Gospel Experience Walking Tour!