Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Discover the regional foods of Memphis on this history-packed food crawl. Try dishes such as hot tamales and house-made desserts at six different hotspots, from family-owned eateries to award-winning restaurants. Also, learn about the culture and history of the city along the way, and travel from place to place at a leisurely pace.
- You'll start atHampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Beale Street175 Peabody Pl, Memphis, TN 38103, USAOur starting point is inside the lobby of the Hampton Inn at Beale Street. We gather to the right of the hotel check-in guest. Your guide is the friendly face carrying a giant whisk. If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to call 901.482.7555See address & details
- 1Tastin' 'Round TownStop: 3 hoursOur Memphis Food Tours provide visitors and locals alike, a variety of unique food tasting and culinary excursions at the birthplace of the blues and the soul of barbecue. The Bluff City offers a plethora of choices from delicious and historic family-owned, local restaurants to trendy award-winning chefs. Tastin’ Round Town provides a local, sustainable experience tasting a variety of foods, allowing you to feel like a native Memphian. Each tour is designed to include delicious food tastings from specialty eateries as well as an off-the-beaten-path glimpse of the history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings of the Mississippi Delta.Read more
- You'll end atHampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Beale Street175 Peabody Pl, Memphis, TN 38103, USAOur starting point is inside the lobby of the Hampton Inn at Beale Street. We gather to the right of the hotel check-in guest. Your guide is the friendly face carrying a giant whisk. If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to call 901.482.7555See address & details
- This tour combines history and food, perfect for first-time visitors
- Enjoy the personalized attention of a private tasting tour of Memphis
- Ditch the tourist traps and discover local watering holes
- Meet at a conveniently located spot on Beale Street
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Beale Street, 175 Peabody Pl, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Local Memphis guide
- Food tasting
- Local taxes
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- 2 person minimum per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- Please let us know ahead of time if you are celebrating a special occasion.
- Alcohol is not included with the ticket price but is available for purchase from each venue. Please have proper identification should you wish to make a purchase
- Please alert us to any known allergies
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
This was just a phenomenal experience between the incredible food and the history of both BBQ and Memphis as a city. Harper was awesome and it really felt like we were being led through town by a longtime friend. I can’t recommend the BBQ tour highly enough. We’ll have to come…
Date of experience: October 2020
Taylor and Harper were both full of knowledge. It was an easy walk with loads of Memphis history. And let’s not forget the food! I’d recommend to do this tour at the beginning of your stay so you can return to the restaurants for your favorite choices. Deep fried…
This tour was fabulous! We had to change our date due to traveling issues and they were very accommodating. Packed full of history, not just food history but also Memphis history. We loved it!
Date of experience: October 2020
I took this tour several years ago and it has only improved!!! The food is phenomenal (LOTS) and the history was so interesting (our guide , Harper, was raised in Memphis)! I highly recommend taking this tour at the beginning of your visit...it will open your eyes to everything…
Loved the hospitality of each place we stopped and the small group size. The food was AMAZING! Taylor gave us more historical information than imagined - she was awesome!!! Highly recommend this tour!!!
Date of experience: October 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Tastin' 'Round Town
Harper overdelivered with his incredible knowledge of Memphis history, culture, and of course BBQ. Had a great tim…
BBQ Tour Magnificent
I did the BBQ tasting tour on January 15, and although I was the only person booked (don't be spooked, January is o…
BBQ food tasting tour
Such a great, well-worth, delicious, fun tour. Perfect for visitors of Memphis or locals. Harper was a GREAT guide.…
Memphis BBQ Tour is well worth it!
This tour is a must for anyone new to the city. On this tour we were able to try several different styles of BBQ. …
Memphis BBQ Tour & O' Tappy Day Brewery and Spirits Crawl
My mom and I went to Memphis on a quest for some good BBQ and to celebrate her 79th Birthday because she LOVES good…
Taste of Downtown Memphis
As others have stated, this walking tour was well worth it -- very good to excellent food choices, not too strenuou…
Amazing BBQ Tour!
We had an amazing time with Harper on the Tastin' Round Town Memphis BBQ tour. Harper was so knowledgeable about ba…
Delicious BBQ tour!
My husband and I did the BBQ food tour and it was fantastic! So much more than just a food tour - our guide gave us…
We enjoyed this tour so much. We got a history lesson, exercise and amazing food all in one. Our tour guide was ver…
Lots of fun! Wish we would have taken notes!
Throughly enjoyed our tour. Nice combo of history and good food in the area. We were in town for 4 days and it was …
Good Times / Good Group
My sister and I had a wonderful time -- met 4 fantastic new friends. Food was good at all 5 places. Also received…
Awesome food with wonderful guide
We had never been on a food tour before so weren't sure what to expect. We had some amazing food and learnt lots in…
Walking tour of Memphis BBQ
We were looking for something different. Taylor and her father delivered. Great BBQ and city history to boot! What …
Excellent food tour
Taylor was a great tour guide! This tour is a must when visiting Memphis! Enjoyed food samples from 5 different res…
Not one of our better food tours. Got combined with another group who received most of the guides attention. Food w…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour
What time does Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour start?
Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour will start at 2:00 PM. Discover and book Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour?
Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour price starts from $64.29. Discover and book Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour cancellation policy?
Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour?
Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour is hosted by Tastin' 'Round Town. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tastin' 'Round Town on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour on Tripadvisor