Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Experience New York state from one of the best vantage points possible—on the water—during this Hudson River sightseeing cruise. Not only does your boat provide two seating-area options, onboard restrooms, and live commentary, but you’ll also get the chance to purchase snacks and drinks from a stocked bar.
- Cruise to Hyde Park from Kingston during this Hudson River sightseeing cruise
- Choose to sit in an enclosed deck or in a partially covered deck
- Listen as a guide points out landmarks and tells you info about the area
- Restrooms are on board for your convenience
What to Expect
Your Hudson River sightseeing cruise takes off from Kingston. Board your boat, and get ready to see the sights of New York from the water. Choose from two seating options aboard the boat, including chairs in an enclosed deck or bench-type seating in the partially covered deck. No matter where you sit, you’re sure to catch awesome views of luxurious estates, vineyards, and historic lighthouses. If you’d like, you can choose to purchase snacks, light meals, or drinks from the onboard bar (own expense). There are also restrooms that are easy to access when you need to use them. Your cruise travels to Hyde Park and back. This Hudson River cruise ends back at the original departure point in Kingston.
Kingston, NY 12401, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks, full bar service, available for purchase
- The boat has a lower enclosed deck, a middle deck which is a shaded but otherwise open are, and an open air upper deck with bench seating.
- A fully stocked bar with alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and a snack bar with light fare such as burgers, hot dogs, and wraps is available on the lower main deck (own expense); credit cards are not accepted on board the boat, but there is an ATM next to the snack bar for your convenience
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed on board the boat
- There is plenty of seating on the boat, both inside and on the upper deck, which consists mainly of bench-style seating; the main lower deck has chairs; seating is on a first-come first-served basis, so be sure to arrive early if you’d like to sit in a particular area of the boat
- If you or someone in your group is in a wheelchair or has limited mobility, contact the tour operator to discuss accessibility
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Taking a cruise on the River is a must for visitors and even for locals. Beautiful section of the Hudson from Kingston South to Hyde Park. Passing Kingston and Esopus lighthouse, an island, many beautiful private properties, retreat centers and historic mansions. The ship's crew…
Date of experience: November 2020
We enjoyed the 2+ hour cruise and it’s departure location in the Rondout Creek area. We had brunch at a nearby restaurant and visited the farmers market before strolling to the boat. The physical ship is large and comfortable. Plenty of refreshments were available. We had nice…
Great leaf peeping cruise. Friendly staff! So great to get out on the beautiful historic Hudson River.
Date of experience: October 2020
Wonderful day trip ... I highly recommended it!We went on October 23rd -- the leaves were at peak and the weather was lovely. There is helpful narration and the staff is friendly. All ages were present. An overall very pleasant trip with great views.
Date of experience: October 2020
I joined the foliage cruise on the Hudson last Sunday. Due to COVID, the capacity has been greatly reduced. The boat was sold out. It was a fun 2 hours enjoying the fall foliage and listening to the narration of the rich history in the region. The outside was nice, but got too…
Date of experience: October 2020
2 Helpful votes
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hudson River Cruises, Inc.
Hudson RIver Sightseeing Trip
Took my sister-in-law and her husband along with us on a trip out of Kingston NY on a nice sunny but cool day on th…
Just a great boat on a great trip. Staff was great but be advised that marks must be worn. Will go again but in the…
Beautiful Hudson River in Fall
The narration was very informative. Heated lower deck had live music which was a plus. It departed on time and ca…
We took a ride on the Rip Van Winkle on a beautiful fall day. The ride was very enjoyable. Staff was friendly. Sit…
Was so nice beautiful day and. Scenery. We really enjoyed and learned about history ! Highly recommended. Was relax…
Not all passengers were wearing masks we approached staff for assistance since 2 young women sat right next to us w…
Something fun and different!
We had a really good time on the trip- it was two hours of beautiful scenery and fresh air. Nice descriptions of v…
We had a very nice time. The boat was clean and well kept. The only improvement might be the narration should be lo…
Could be better
We had difficulty hearing the tour on the top deck due to wind, as well as social distancing and mask wearing not b…
We were leaf peeping but I expected a bit more history narrative. Maybe I couldn’t hear all of it — only heard abo…
Everything was as expected, clean well maintained.
Crew was professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Ship clean and well maintained. Was pleasantly surprised when n…
A Great Time and Great customer service!
We went on a fall sightseeing boat ride on the Rip Van Winkle II. We had a great time! Beautiful scenery and staff …
Fall River ride
3 decks give good choice for viewing, lowest deck fully enclosed and rest rooms ,but smell of diesel makes it uncom…
Good Cruise Poor Management
We fully enjoyed the cruise itself and the narrations and staff were excellent (overall). However, the management o…
2 hour autumn cruise
I decided to make a last minute reservation, and they were very helpful with directions and parking options. The tr…
- Hudson River Cruises, Inc.
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently Asked Questions about Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston
How much is Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston?
Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston price starts from $34.00. Discover and book Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston on Tripadvisor
What is the Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston cancellation policy?
Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston?
Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston is hosted by Hudson River Cruises, Inc.. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Hudson River Cruises, Inc. on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Hudson River Sightseeing Cruise from Kingston on Tripadvisor