Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour
By Discover Africa
Nosy Be is an island off Madagascar’s northwestern coast. In the southeast, the forests of Lokobe Reserve shelter chameleons, geckos and frogs. The capital, known as Hell-Ville, has French colonial buildings and a covered market. Lemuria Land is home to a variety of lemurs, plus reptiles. Also in the park is a 19th-century distillery still used to extract essential oils from the native ylang-ylang tree.
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Guided private tour
- Visa to Madagascar
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- If you are staying at the hotel in Nosy Be, please specify hotel name so we can arrange your pick up. If you are coming directly by cruise ship, please specify the date you would need your tour to be arranged. Please note, all sales are final. If you won't be able to commit and have to cancel you'll get a credit that valid one year from the date payment made.
- Fascene Airport, Nosy Be Madagascar
- Nosy Be Hotel, 207 Route de L'Ouest, Hell-Ville, Madagascar
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 118285P29
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour?
- Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour price starts from $450.00. Discover and book Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour cancellation policy?
- Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour?
- Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour is hosted by Discover Africa. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Discover Africa on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 118285P29
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Nosy BeStop: 6 hoursThe half day visit in Nosy-Be starts in morning, around 8:30 or 9:00am and will consist of discovering the island by car. The goal is to make you discover Nosy-Be through its natural wildlife, its culture, its people "the Sakalava", its history and also its sacred places such as "the sacred tree". We will visit Yland Yland plantation, its distillery where you will learn different stages of production of ylang oil. Ylang ylang oil is made from the flowers of the herb Cananga odorata genuina. People apply ylang ylang oil to the skin to promote relaxation, kill bacteria, lower blood pressure, and increase sexual desire. It is also part of a combination spray used to kill head lice. It’s also the main ingredient for French perfume Chanel 5. And flowers do really smell like Chanel Number 5 We will continue towards the main city of Nosy Be, Hell-Ville where will make a stop at the market to learn or if you wish to buy different varieties of fruits, vegetables that are specific to Malagasy cuisine. You can have an option to use local tuk-tuk to the city and back to have full Nosy Be experience. We will visit the sacred tree which is 7km away from the city. Nosy Be’s ‘Scared Tree’ is a world within itself. The enormous Banyan fig is surrounded by a beautiful small forest which is a completely bewitching sight. You will be asked to remove your shoes and cover yourselves with the local wrap before starting your journey into the Sacred tree (yes into the tree!). Planted over 185 years ago, today this banyan has roots over an area of more than 5000 square meters – which is seriously more impressive than it sounds… It lies on the coast beyond the tiny village of Mahatsinjo, and the sacred tree was planted by the Queen of the Sakalava tribe in 1836. Next, we will stroll around beautiful beach to admire the lovely surroundings of the sea among Ambatoloaka beach. And when time permit you will discover Nosy Be and its lakes from the top of Mont Passot. The Mount Passot is one of Nosy Be’s archipelago must-see. Now extinct, the volcano offers an outstanding vantage point on the whole Mozambique channel.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Is it possible that the price of this is $700?!! for a coffee house lunch? That HAS to be a typo. I can't believe i…
Total rip off!
Rwanda airport charge you $30 US to smoke in the airport smoking lounge. Total rip off! Please see photo attached …
We were happy to get this ride in a Bmw motorcar with a pleasant informative driver that pointed out multiple site …
Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour provided by Discover Africa
Product Overview: Nosy Be, Madagascar half day tour
|Number of Photos||1|