Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atAlameda Alan García PérezAlameda Alan García Pérez, Paracas 11550, PeruDeparture location: Paracas Local Office (Paracas Explorer Office in Paracas located inside the Ballestas Island hotel, A.H.ALAN GARCIA PEREZ mz -LT 9 EL CHACO. )See address & details
- 1Ballestas IslandsStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedAs you cruise west from the tiny beach town of Paracas, you won't be able to miss the Candelabra geoglyph, a 150m high and 50m wide figure of a candlestick etched into the mountain, rumored to have been an ancient guide for sailors or a connection to the Nazca lines. A short description and time for photos is given before cruising on to the famous Ballestas Islands. Ballestas islands is an excellent opportunity to see large families of over 100 sea lions sleeping on the shores, basking in the sun on the rocks or some barking loudly in efforts to protect their territory. Spot cormorants, the Peruvian booby and Peruvian pelican as well as other impressive varieties of sea bird species and Humboldt penguins nesting together in small groups. Feeling lucky? Watch the waters for dolphins. Apart from the abundant marine and bird life found here, the Ballestas Islands are also very well known for the guano (seabird droppings) deposited on the island over thousands of years which creates a natural reserve of nitrogen-rich fertilizer over 50 meters deep in some areas. The guano came to be Peru's #1 export in the mid-19th century however today the extraction of guano has been regulated to every 10 years. The return trip to Paracas is a quick, very windy, direct boat ride to the dock. You should have some time to take photos of the friendly pelicans that hang out on the shore line beside the dock, do some souvenir shopping or grab a snack before heading on to your next destination.Read more
- You'll end atParacasParacas, PeruParacas city centerSee address & details
Alameda Alan García Pérez, Paracas 11550, Peru
- 2-hour sightseeing boat ride
- English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Ballestas Islands entrance fee (13 Soles)
- Entry/Admission - Ballestas Islands
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Make sure you bring adequate clothing to keep you protected from the cool ocean air, the sun and spray from the sea.
- Bring a pair of binoculars to get a closer look at the birds and sea lions.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, you should take medication about a half-hour before you board
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 4 more reviews on Viator
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Loved this trip the boats were modern and the guide was really educational. I would do this again all the birds and…
Like being in a national geographic documentary
The 2 hour Ballestas Island tour was a highlight of our trip to Peru. We saw hundreds of penguins, seals and birds.…
The sea lions are abundant and everywhere ~ very cool experience!
The day was beautiful and the water was not very rough at all. You stop halfway to view a very old candlebra built…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas
What time does Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas start?
Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas on Tripadvisor
How much is Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas?
Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas price starts from $24.00. Discover and book Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas on Tripadvisor
What is the Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas cancellation policy?
Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ballestas Islands Sightseeing Boat Ride from Paracas on Tripadvisor