JOIN IN A GROUP TOUR TO EXPLORE MY SON SANCTUARY IN HALF DAY
• At 7:30 am – 8:30 a.m: Our driver and Guide will pick you up at your hotel in Hoi An center and depart to My Son Holy Land to explore and research. If you start in Da Nang, please be ready at 7:00 am
• At about 9:30 a.m-10:00 a.m: Arrive at My Son Sanctuary
• In My Son Holy Land, the towers and tombs have been dated from VII century to XIV century, but archaeological findings show us that the Cham kings were buried here since IV century. The total of buildings are more than 70 towers including small, normal and large towers. My Son Sanctuary is said to be the religious and cultural center of the Ancient Champa Kingdom.
• Most of the buildings were built by wood, however many were destroyed in the 6th century by fire. In the 7th century, My Son was then restored by Sambhuvarman who rebuilt the temples with special bricks which have astonishingly existed until now. Today, scientists still marvel at how they were able to construct such durable structures and are unable to replicate the exact material used to build the sanctuary. Up to the 13th century, more than 70 similar temples had been built, establishing My Son as a sanctuary of Hinduism in the Champa Kingdom.
• At about 12:00 p.m: After exploring My Son Sanctuary and basking in the tranquil sites and history, your tour will end and you will begin the journey back to Hoi An
• Drop you off at Hoi An Old Town