Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles
By American Riviera Private Tours
Kids and adults will have fun time to explore Old Western Ghost Town, learn about history of silver mining and enjoy exciting attractions: old silver Maggie Mine, Mystery Shack, Gold Panning Adventure, and have a ride at old Odessa Rail Road.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Calico Ghost Town
- Optional activities fees might include: $2-$4 per person
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We will pick you up at any residential address within the city of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Burbank, Universal City, Anaheim, Long beach LAX airport, Cruise terminals and will drop you off at the designated hotel or address
- Los Angeles Intl Airport, 1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Long Beach Municipal Airport, 4100 Donald Douglas Drive, Long Beach, CA 90808
- Bob Hope Airport, 2627 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505
- Los Angeles World Cruise Center, 100 Swinford St, San Pedro, CA 90731, USA
- Carnival Cruise Terminal - Long Beach, 231 Windsor Way, Long Beach, CA 90802, USA
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 74834P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
- How much is Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles?
- Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles price starts from $320.00. Discover and book Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
- What is the Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles cancellation policy?
- Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles?
- Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles is hosted by American Riviera Private Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact American Riviera Private Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 74834P2
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Calico Ghost TownStop: 3 hours - Admission includedCalico Ghost old west mining town located in a High Desert area of San Bernardino county that has been around since 1881 during the largest silver strike in California. With its 500 mines, Calico produced over $20 million in silver ore over a 12-year span. When silver lost its value in the mid 1890's Calico lost its population. The miners packed up, loaded their mules and moved away abandoning the town that once gave them a good living. It became a "ghost" town. Walter Knott purchased Calico in the 1950's architecturally restoring all but the 5 original building to look at as they did in the 1880's. Calico received State historical Landmark 782 and in 2005 was proclaimed by then Arnold Schwarzenegger to be California's Silver Rush Ghost Town. Numerous Western movies were filmed over the years at Calico Ghost Town: Cowboy Chinamen, Five Grand, The Hitcher, the Prowler, Ghost Ship and others. Guests will have about three hours to stroll a historical western town, visit old silver mine, ride in old rail car, do gold panning, and perhaps experience some paranormal activity in Mystery Shack. Have a wonderful lunch at one of the old Western Calico House Tavern (lunch is not included).Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Great LA tour!
We booked a private day tour of Los Angeles after coming back from a cruise. Yuriy was a wonderful tour guide and v…
Great tour in LA!
Uri is a great tour guide and showed us very interesting places in LA. We had a great time and enjoyed entertaini…
Usually I don't write reviews, but this time is exception. Would like highly recommend American Riviera tours and e…
Superb, customised, tour of LA
While on a cruise ex San Pedro, my family and I decided to try book a half day sightseeing tour of LA. between our …
Santa Barbara wine and scenery
Outstanding trip, not just wine tasting but entire trip! We were picked up by our guide promptly and heading from …
Vaccination Girls’ Trip 2021
Girls’ Vaccination Vacation to Las Vegas with a day trip to L.A. April 2021!! Yuri was THEE BEST tour guide! He was…
Best Tour Guide Ever
The tour guide was knowledgeable, entertaining and friendly. We saw all of the interest points and had time to sit …
I chanced upon American Riveria Tours on TripAdvisor and contacted Galina who provided prompt and helpful advice. S…
Tour of la la land
We are a group of 8 Girl Guiding members from UK on a whistle stop tour of La.What an amazing way to see as much as…
6 hour LA bus tour
We took the LA tour with Yuri last Tuesday April 23,2019. We were 10 people and we had a very comfortable van stock…
Private tour of LA in 6 hours
Excellent tour of LA in one day pickup at hotel Yuriy was our driver/guide very knowledgeable great stories a goo…
Nice End To Our Cruise
Needed a transfer to the airport but also needed something to do as we had a late flight home. Found American Rivie…
Fun Day in LA
Yuriy looked after our tired family of 6 while we waited for a flight home from LA to Australia. We didn't know wh…
Awesome Tour of LA!
We booked a private tour to see LA when we returned from our cruise. Yuriy picked us up right at the ship and was …
Excellent Private Tours
Our party, 4 senior people, booked customized private tour of Santa Barbara, LA, and San Diego. We were on Princess…