Visit the Qiao Family Compound with your private guide and friendly driver from Pingyao. You will understand the local residence culture and architechure from Ming and Qing Dynasty, learn how the family run the buiness so well etc. From Shuanglin Temple, you will know the buddha story, and see the much detailed clay sculptures from 1000 years ago, you can not find this in other region in China, you can not miss it when you traveling in Pingyao.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private English Speaking Guide, Entrance fee, Round trip Transporation, Lunch with soft drink
- Entry/Admission - Qiao's Family Compound (Qiao Jia Dayuan)
- Hotel room, Gratuity
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- 1. Hotel lobby in Pingyao 2. Pingyaogucheng Station if your train arrive around 12:00
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 48430P15
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao?
- Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao price starts from $140.00. Discover and book Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao cancellation policy?
- Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao?
- Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao is hosted by Pingyao Day Trips Private One-day Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Pingyao Day Trips Private One-day Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 48430P15
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Qiao's Family Compound (Qiao Jia Dayuan)Stop: 3 hours - Admission includedTo see nice stone carving, wood carving and brick carving from 200 years ago, and understand how the Qiao family make the business so great, and visit the 1500 years old Shuanglin Temple with colourful sculptures from Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasty. Itinerary: 08:30 meet you at your hotel lobby, drive to visit Qiao Family Compound, then have a lunch at local restaurant, then drive to visit Shuanglin Temple, after tour, will drop off you at your hotel.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Pingyao Day Trips Private One-day Tour
Joined in March 2014
#1 of 9 Tours & Activities in Pingyao County
- EdMotion00Miao mountain should be relabelled as a trekking tripMiao mountains should be delisted as a mountain walking tour. There is very little history there except as a ming dynasty military outpost, a huge fake Taoist monastery without any monks etc. But I must say it was great for trekking up valleys and some breathtaking views. A great day just being out there in the wild of sorts.
- ananthram r00Temples in PingyaoJonathan was an excellent guide. Fluent in English was familiar with history and took pains to explain . Helped us with restaurants and even sat with us to guide us while ordering food. Highly recommended.
- CQ200700Highly RecommendedRead about Pingyao in the 1843 Magazine; and immediately set my heart on it. After reading some reviews on Tripadvisor, I emailed Jonathan of Red Plum Travel who arranged everything for us- including roundtrip tickets from Xi'An to Pingyao, and the pick-up and drop-off at the train stations (Xi'An and Pingyao). At Pingyao itself, Jonathan took us around by foot and introduced the city where he grew up in. Lunch and light snacks were included in our package. Everything was organized very well; and I'm very happy to have visited Pingyao with Red Plum Travel.
- agnesseeto00Excellent tour guide!We had an amazing day with Jonathan of Red Plum Tour. Jonathan is a very pleasant and experienced tour guide who spoke fluent English and gave us enriching insights into Pingyao's history and culture from a local's perspective. He also recommended some delicious Pingyao dishes for lunch and he was great company. Highly recommended tour guide.
- Trisha J00Brilliant tour with Johnathan.Wow- we were so lucky we managed to get Johnathan at the last minute as we were initially undecided whether to get one or not. We were so thrilled as not only did Johnathan speak excellent English, he was incredibly informative with vast knowledge of the history and buildings of Pingyao. It was the best tour we did in China and thanks to Johanthan who gave us in-depth knowledge of a very ancient city. Would highly recommend Johnathan. Many thanks
- Martin-M-12345678900Great one-day tour to Mian Mountain with JonathanWe have been picked up in the morning at our Hotel at Pingyao and transfered by private bus to mian mountain. The perfect english speaking guide Jonathan organised everything and gave explanations for all the location visited. Tour included also an outstanding lunch at local restaurant with excellent food and great views. Individual wishes have been recognised and met. At early evening we returned back to Hotel - fully satisfied =) We highly recommend this tour with Jonathan! It is a must see if you are at Pingyao and together with Jonathan it will be an outstanding experience.
- 826itzhakz00Excellent tour in Pingyao old city. We arranged one day tour in Pingyao via mail with Jonathan who was very informative, helpful and quick to response. The company driver met us at the train station and took us to our hotel. Next morning we met our guide, Verena who spoke very good English and was very knowledgeable about all the places we had visited. The car which they provided, was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our tour very much and we highly recommend the company.
- joseps91200Amazing Day tour to Mian ShanWe spent a couple of days in Pingyao on our 3 weeks trip in china, because we wanted to visit the Mian Mountain. We scheduled the visit with Jonathan, the owner of Red Plum Travel. As the mountain is huge with many spots to visit he has been very helpful proposing a couple of circuits to choose. Finally our guide was Verena that came with a beautiful VAN with driver to pick us (we were 5) at our hotel in Pingyao. Verena managed to get the car inside the scenic area, what saved us much time from using the public bus to move between the spots. What to say about the visit? Views are breathtaking and Verena knew a lot of history from every single site. We visited Taoist and Buddhist temples, but also amazing nature spots. Verena also arranged a wonderful lunch for us in one of the hotels inside the mountain. They gave us all the time we needed on any of the atracttions with no rush, so we enjoyed them as much as we wanted. I will highly recommend to hire their services for whatever activity in the area.
- 672g00Excellent Private Tour and Transfer Services with Pingyao Travel Guide.comJust returned from a 15 day trip to China with my family. Jonathan, the owner of Pingyao Travel Guide.com organized an outstanding tour and transfers for our visit to Pingyao. He promptly responded to all emails and answered all questions and concerns. All drivers were waiting for us as promised and all transfers were professional. Jonathan personally provided us with a guided tour of Mianshan Mountain. It was the highlight of our trip to China. He speaks perfect English and was completely trustworthy, responsible and honest. I highly recommend using Jonathan of Pingayo Travel Guide for all of your travel needs in the Pingyao region.
- aviv10500Highly recommended guideWe just ended an extensive ten-day tour all over Shanxi (and little more until Luoyang) with Jonathan. We highly recommend him as a guide. Starting from the initial planning phase many months ago to build the route. Answers all our questions and also offers suggestions for hotels and sites to visit. During the trip himself Jonathan has a great deal of knowledge about the local culture. Also open to all our change but also initiates proposals for real-time changes. Highly, Highly recommended
- Barney L00A day in stunning mountains and visiting beautiful templesOur excellent guide, Jonathan Zhang, accompanied us in a car he'd organised to the Mian Mountain area. It's an area he knows well and visits often, so he can explain the amazing Taoist and Buddhist Temples, some built into the cliffs in this stunning mountain area. This is one of those "must visit" parts of China and a good guide really makes the visit meaningful and helps the best use of time. The mountain range rises abruptly from the surrounding plain and the views from high up are breath-taking. Definitely worth a visit if you are staying in Pingyao or other nearby cities. If you can get Jonathan as your guide that will be a real bonus.
- Barney L00The fascinating ancient city of PingyaoMy wife and I booked this three-hour private walking tour of Pingyao highlights through Viator. Our guide was Jonathan Zhang, who proved to be excellent. Knowledgeable, interesting, helpful, Jonathan made this tour something special. Pingyao has an interesting history, which Jonathan explained to us. Inside the city walls, which are, unusually for historic Chinese cities, complete. From the walls we could see over the rooftops of the ancient city, which is composed almost entirely of traditional courtyard houses (in addition to the busy main streets of shops and restaurants). We visited a number of temples -- Confucian, Taoist, Buddhist -- the museum of the first commercial bank in China. Yes, banking in China was started in Pingyao by the owner of a cloth-dyeing works who discovered that banking was more profitable than dyeing. Long before banking started (in the 19th century), Pingyao was the HQ of a company that specialised in the secure transport of silver bullion around China, defended by men trained in Kung Fu. There's lots to see in ancient Pingyao -- the modern city outside the walls is nothing to write home about -- and this would occupy a day or so. If you choose to visit Pingyao, try to book Jonathan Zhang of Red Plum Travel (which you can do through TripAdvisor). He is excellent!
- VickyFit4Life00Hanging Monastery to PingyaoWe had a wonderful trip around Shanxi province visiting sites that were of particular interest to us. Jonathan met us at 0600 on our arrival in Datong, off the sleeper train from Beijing, and delivered us to a local hotel where we had breakfast. At the appointed time we were picked up for a tour of the Hanging Monastery and Yungang Grottoes, before being transferred to our hotel in Pingyao that evening. The following morning we did a day tour that included Mian Shan and Zhangbi Ancient Castle. Another absolutely fabulous day. Our time with Jonathan concluded with a half day walking tour around Pingyao Ancient Town and the Town Walls. All in all a very memorable time in Shanxi thanks to Jonathan's passion and knowledge of the area.
- Chris P00Look-See visitJonathan was extremely helpful and accommodating with a bit of a specialized “look-see” visit we arranged to the Pingyao area. He and a driver picked us up in a rural village and first took us to the Wang Family Compound Via the back roads, then we squeezed in a visit to the Zhangbi underground castle, before heading to Pingyao and the evening show - Youjian Pingyao Show. The following day, we did brief tour around Pingyao and it’s history, followed by a visit to Shuanglin Lin Temple and the Jinci Temple. After this, he dropped us off at the airport in Taiyuan. Jonathan was a great help and I appreciated his knowledge of the area, as well as listening and responding to our specific requests. His menu suggestions were all spot on and appreciated. It was a great trip and ticked all the right boxes. Thanks
- siunyil00Excellent tour!We did a day and half of Pingyao Tour with Jonathan which included the visit to the old town, Wang’s compound, and Shaunglin Temple. From we were picked up in Pingyao train station until we were dropped off in the station in the next day, Jonathan arranged everything perfectly. Jonathan has very good English and also very patient to answer all of our questions. The car was very clean and his driver drove carefully. Even when my son left his pillow neck in our hotel in Pingyao, Jonathan called the hotel and arranged how the pillow delivered back to us before we were dropped off in the train station. I would recommend to engage Jonathan if you visit Pingyao!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Nov 2019 • Couples
Very friendly, competent and knowledgeable tour guide! Thank you very much for the nice tour! Thanks for the tip with Alipay, it works now also for tourists.
Written November 13, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Dear Sir Thanks for your nice review. and use our service for your day trip to Qiao Family Compound. and We just want to give the impressive tour to everyone. As we said: Focus on Your Traveling Experience.
Written November 14, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao provided by Pingyao Day Trips Private One-day Tour
Product Overview: Private Qiao Family Compound and Shuanglin Temple Tour from Pingyao
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos