Through 7 days cultural tour in western Bhutan, explore the music, dance, handicrafts, arts and architectures of the country and partake in local festivals and functions to know more about the culture and tradition of Bhutan. The tradition of fine arts is still alive and aesthetically beautiful. Get around the city of Paro, Thimpu and other major cities to explore these unparalleled beauty displayed in the houses, fortresses, monasteries, monuments and shrines.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 1-75, max of 15 per group
Duration: 7 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Accommodation at three star standard hotel on twin sharing basis
- Land Transport with in Bhutan by car/van / Jeep
- Liscened and experienced Guide
- Entry fees to Museums, Art schools and other places when and where is applicable
- Airport Pickup and Drop off
- Travel Insurance
- International Flights
- Personal Expenses like alcoholic beverages, snacks
- Bhutan Visa Fee
- Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusion
- Single supplement fee for solo traveler
- Entry/Admission - Drukgyel Dzong
- Entry/Admission - Paro Taktsang
- Entry/Admission - Thimphu
- Entry/Admission - Thimphu
- Entry/Admission - Thimphu Chorten (Memorial Chorten)
- Entry/Admission - Thimphu
- Entry/Admission - Thimphu
- Entry/Admission - Punakha Dzong
- Entry/Admission - Ha
- Entry/Admission - Paro Taktsang
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up travelers from their requested location as well.
- Paro Airport, Paro Bhutan
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 29135P47
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Which attractions will I visit with Western Bhutan Cultural Tour?
- How much is Western Bhutan Cultural Tour?
- Western Bhutan Cultural Tour price starts from $2,950.00. Discover and book Western Bhutan Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Western Bhutan Cultural Tour cancellation policy?
- Western Bhutan Cultural Tour cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Western Bhutan Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Western Bhutan Cultural Tour?
- Western Bhutan Cultural Tour is hosted by Himalayan Social Journey. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Himalayan Social Journey on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Western Bhutan Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 29135P47
Reserve your spot
Arrival in Paro Airport
Paro Sightseeing Tour
Day tour of Thimpu
Drive to Punakha/Wangdiphodrang
Drive to Chuzomsa
Drive back to Paro and hike to...
About the operator
Himalayan Social Journey
Joined in September 2011
#177 of 1,726 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
- 89swathis00Trekking to EBC with Mingmar/HSJI had an amazing experience of trekking to EBC and thanks to Mingmar Sherpa, our amazing guide who took care of us and everything for us! And the group we travelled with was amazing. I highly recommend Himalayan Social Journey. Thanks Mingmar for being an amazing guide! 10 stars for Mingmar 😀
- 948arcd00It was memorable trip with mingmar SherpaI had great time ...mingmar sherpa our guides..were really supportive and helpful.himalayan social journey is a good travel agency.highly recommended ......
- nehan98000Memorable ....special thanks to mingmar sherpa and janak bhai...I had life time experience only because of mingmar sherpa, janak bhai and pasang sherpa....our guides...they were really supportive...it made my journey to base camp much easy... Highly recommend himalayan social journey....it's the best...
- G7215AKmdm00My first Trek and an awesome experience with HSJAn excellent trip organised by HSJ and it was one of my most memorable trips. Guide Khilraj was so good in guiding and customising our trip accordingly.
- whocares201900MehSo, basically all the Kathmandu day tours are exactly the same...you are going to see the monkey temple, Pashupatinath, the stupa and Patan Durbar square...none of these sights is spectacular but odds are you have a day to kill in KTM before or after trekking. The reason I am giving this 3/5 is the unadvertised sales pitches you are going to get (and this company is surely the same as all the others, so this is not a problem unique to Himalayan Social Journeys)...every tour you are going to go on in or around Kathmandu is going to feature the visit to the Thangka painting art school, the singing bowl store (the only one with authentic singing bowls!), a cashmere store (the only one with authentic cashmere) and whatever other store is relevant to your tour (our tour with the same company to Bhaktapur added a pottery store)...don't get me wrong, you can decline and you aren't forced to buy anything but it's also not what I signed up for and declining will shorten your tour. To be clear, EVERY company is going to do the same thing. It just gets wearisome on tour #2 and #3 when you go through the same process.
- 4saidurr00Best experience of NepalHad a wonderful time in Nepal for long 22 days. Unfortunately I couldn't finish my EBC trek due to sickness but Amrit was like a guardian angel to me who arranged a helicopter for my evacuation. Santosh was most knowledgeable guide I have ever seen. His mild but effective humor converted most critical moments to enjoyable moments. Thanks to HSJ specially Amrit who kept in touch and arranged help even after the trek was finished. For me future Nepal tour means calling Amrit at the first place without any doubt.
- drd25400Great company with best service to their costumersVery nice and friendly company provided good guide Mr Khil Raj (guide come mountain doctor 😊) who took better care his team
- chandrasH4368PF00Great experienceI went into the hike without any questions. The team are well experienced and keep the comfort and safety of the hiker a priority.
- Travel4186074390900Everest base camp trek - Guide TenzingWe recently returned from Nepal after completing the Everest base camp trek with HSJ. Overall it was an excellent experience and they took care of all of our needs. They were very flexible and well connected for example there was bad weather in Lukla on our arrival resulting in 7 days of no flights. However HSJ managed to get us on a Helicopter the next morning so we could start despite huge demand. Our guide was Tenzing who proved to be a brilliant guide. He had lot's of useful local knowledge, helped us when unwell, nothing was too much and knew exactly how to approach a situation to get the best results for his clients. We can't rate him highly enough.
- towella6900Great Experience but not with Rainbow Adventure and TravelWe booked this trip through Rainbow Adventure and Travel. The pick up from our hotel was fine. We then went to collect someone else who was clearly still asleep. We were cutting it fine to get to the airport on time. We just made the last check in but this meant we got the worst seats next to the engines so our view was obscured. That said the staff on Yeti airways were helpful pointing out all of the mountains and gave you a guide to follow. They took some photos for me out of the front seat windows. When we arrived back no ride to take us back. A kind man phoned the company who told him to tell us to get a taxi ourselves as the car had left with 4 people in it. We explained we had no money and was told to take the taxi to our hotel. We refused as we had paid for pick up and drop off. He then sent a car.
- HoianPai00Third time and always amazing. A wonderful local company!!!This is the third time our family have used this very professional company. We first used them after friends recommendations and they never fail to deliver an unbelievable service. A local company employing local people with a fierce pride and knowledge around what they do. So very professional but with a very personal touch that makes you feel like you are part of the family. We did the EBC trek with Mingmar, a guide that looked after us in a way that family would. On top of that his knowledge of the environment and local issues made the whole experience seamless. He was there 24 hours a day for any problems and dealt with any issues in such a calm easy manner. We consider him a friend and one we have a great deal of respect for. Our time in Nepal once again has been an uplifting and wonderful experience and Himalayan Social Journey must take the credit for that. Would 110% not consider any other company for Nepal and we thank you very sincerely for your care and cert personal touch. Mark and Lesley
- Carnies0100Everest Base Camp - incredible experience- 158km round trip mission accomplishedThank you HSJ for fulfilling our dream supporting and guiding us to reach 5365m to Everest Base Camp. Usha replied so promptly to all our emails and made the booking and organising so easy. Special mention to our guide Mingmar Sherpa. Not only was he a superstar with his knowledge of the mountains, Flora, Fauna and culture but we were so thankful for his care of looking after our health and his encouragement and motivation to give our small group the best chance of success! Thanks to Karma also for your hard work and pumping out the tunes to help on the hard parts.. Highly recommend this company and Mingmar Powered by Dal-Bat
- L2041GYkimh00Unforgettable Manaslu Circuit TrekOriginally booked as a family trekking tour for 4 people. Unfortunately, due to illness our sister and her husband has to cancel with 3 days of flying out. Refund was done promptly within the term and conditions of the company. Our itinerary was delayed by one day due to Dashain festival, but was compensated with a Jeep ride to starting point rather than by bus as stated for the 3 of us as there is another trekker joining our tour in Kathmandu. Our tour guide Shankar is very experienced and has taken a great care of us as before. This is our third tour with Himalayan Social Journey (2019, 2022 & 2023) and our second tour with this great team which includes Shankar as our guide, Prakash and Krishna as porters. We are very happy with this professional company, and was lucky enough to have booked with them previously. We hope to return to Nepal next October 2024 and continue to book with this company many more years to come. We highly recommended this professional Nepalese local trekking company.
- vishAllWell00Find a guide for yourself and stay away from the companies - they don't do much to add value but could take some out!Outsourced company for me so I didn't hire them - I hired thrillophilia. Then the communication with thrillophilia and the outsourced company was a mess. The guide was a good human being but poor guide - really didn't bother other much other than taking food orders. We were suppose to have two guide, 1 front and 1 at the back - never happened. The lodges that were picked up were in poor hygiene although not a big deal but the point is that there are better options and it doesn't take any money from them - lodging cost in Nepal is usually Rs. 100 but the food will cost you Rs. 3000-5000 per day and that is the model used. So get us into a better lodges - the communication was poor. It is absolutely a beautiful journey in Himalayas so we absolutely enjoyed and such inconveniences didn't bother us. We had enough money and we were determined to enjoy this lifetime journey m- I just can't recommend them after what I experienced.
- Go4599545586600Excellent Trek Excellent Stay Excellent GuideVery well organised Trek. Exellent Guide Mingmar Sherpa. Perfect execution as per itinerary provided. Perfect Medical Help in case of need. Prompt Medical rescue in Medical Emergency Case. Help provided even before we asked for. Best program under leadership of Ram Sir
Western Bhutan Cultural Tour provided by Himalayan Social Journey
Product Overview: Western Bhutan Cultural Tour
Number of Photos