The festivals are called ‘Tshechu’ as one of the the days of festival falls on the 10th day of the particular month. All mask dances have religious significance and it is believed that one who witnesses the tshechu is profusely blessed. Jambay Lhakhang is one of the oldest temples in the kingdom. It was founded by, Songtsen Gampo, a Tibetan King in the 7th century AD. The king was destined to build 108 temples known as Thadhul- Yangdhul (temples on and across the border) in a day to subdue the demoness that was residing in the Himalayas. The temple is one of the two of the 108 built in Bhutan. A second is located in Paro, the Kichu lhakhang also built on the same day. One of the most spectacular festivals in the country, called Jambay lhakhang Drup is hosted here. The festival lasts for five days. The highlight of the festival is the fire ritual that is held in the evening where crowds gather to witness the ritualistic naked dance.
Duration: 13 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- VISA & FEE, AIRPORT PICK UP/DROP (PRIVATE), ALL TAXES, BOTTLED WATER (IN THE VEHICLE ONLY)
- Airport pickup/drop - Paro International Airport
- Entry/Admission - Tachogang Lhakhang Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Thimphu Chorten (Memorial Chorten)
- Entry/Admission - Tashichho Dzong (Thimpu Dzong)
- Entry/Admission - Thimphu
- Entry/Admission - Motithang Takin Preserve
- Entry/Admission - National Institute for Zorig Chusum
- Entry/Admission - National Folk Heritage Museum
- Entry/Admission - Bhutan Postal Museum
- Entry/Admission - Thimphu
- Entry/Admission - Punakha Dzong
- Entry/Admission - Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten
- Entry/Admission - Tongsa Dzong
- Entry/Admission - The Tower of Trongsa Museum
- Entry/Admission - Kurje Lhakhang
- Entry/Admission - Tamshing Lhakhang Temple
- Entry/Admission - Jakar Dzong
- Entry/Admission - Gangtey Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Punakha
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Park, Lampelri
- Entry/Admission - Haa Valley
- Entry/Admission - Lhakhang Karpo
- Entry/Admission - Paro Taktsang
- Entry/Admission - National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Rinpung Dzong
- Entry/Admission - Paro
- Entry/Admission - Kyichu Lhakhang
- MEALS OTHER THAN MENTIONED, MONUMENT ENTRANCE FEES, TIPS, INSURANCE, DRINKS, TELEPHONE CALLS, ETC.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We receive our guests on arrival at Paro International Airport, Paro, Bhutan
- Paro Airport, Paro Bhutan
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 168657P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 168657P3
ARRIVE AT PARO, PARO – THIMPHU...
THIMPHU-PUNAKHA (71 KM/3 HOURS...
PUNAKHA-TRONGSA(152 km/4-5 hr...
TRONGSA-BUMTHANG (68 km/2-3 hr...
BUMTHANG-JAMBAY LHAKHANG DRUP...
BUMTHANG-PHOBJIKHA (133 km/4-5...
PHOBJIKHA-LAMPELRI (104 km/4-5...
LAMPELRI-HAA-PARO (141 km/5-6 hr...
Paro Airport drop