Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
An insight in the solitary lifestyle of Buddhist monks in Bagan – this exclusive view into their routines, hardly shown to the outside world has now become accessible for outsiders. Our afternoon encounter with the secretive lives of Burmese faithful. • Get an exclusive look into the world of monkhood • Have a chance to chat with a Burmese monk • Learn more about the Kappiya as part of monkhood • Savour a cup of local tea with snacks • Return transfers from and to your hotel are included.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Bagan MonasteryStop: 3 hours - Admission excludedYou are welcomed by the monks who are eager to answer your questions or have a chat with – your guide will be standing by for essential translations and explain how to approach the monks respectfully. Bound by over 200 rules and regulations according to the scriptures of the Lord Buddha, the practices forbids monks and novices to i.e. touching money for which Kappiyas are used to acknowledge and handle these basic needs. It is the silence, the solitude and the seclusion of their daily practices that will remain forever with each visitor. At the end of casting a glimpse in the lives of Burmese monkhood, you are brought to a shaded spot nearby the monastery for coffee, tea and a selection of dry snacks. It makes the end of an afternoon that has moved and touched those guests witnessing a backstage entrance to a monastery. Return to your accommodation, where you will return at around 4 pm.Read more
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Coffee, tea and dry snacks at the end of the monastery visit
- Bagan Archaeological Site entrance fees
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Bagan Monastery
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan.
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- It is of the greatest importance to follow the guide’s instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs. This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- During this tour, we will enter a monastery where a dress code may be applicable. Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that cover the knees and shoulders, avoid wearing clothing with bright, fluorescent colours of any kind, obscene prints or pictures or beach wear.
- This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- Certain parts in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- Most travelers can participate
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is only operated in the afternoon.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Asian Trails Myanmar
This was a great experience! i enjoyed the scenery and the guide. the guide was very knowledgable and kind!
It is one of the important contributions by the Shan people of this area. Not to miss as these sacred stupas carry …
Visited the Palace , The Pagodas , language is one of the very big problem but I have taken a cab from Yangon & the…
A view of Yangon
Great afternoon trip, it covered the main areas we wanted to see such as the pagodas . The guide was informative an…
unfair term on the cancellation policty
I booked this tour but unfortunally I put in the wrong date march 6 instead of march 5 . I realized this with in 5…
EXCURSION BONITO Y INTERESANTE
We went by boat to Mingun. There we visited the temple. Very interesting. When you arrive by boat, there are difere…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently Asked Questions about Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan
What time does Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan start?
Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan will start at 1:00 PM. Discover and book Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan on Tripadvisor
How much is Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan?
Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan price starts from $64.11. Discover and book Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan on Tripadvisor
What is the Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan cancellation policy?
Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan?
Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan is hosted by Asian Trails Myanmar. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Asian Trails Myanmar on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan on Tripadvisor