Kilimanjaro is the tallest mountain in Africa and the highest free standing mountain in the world thus, once a climber reach its top is recognized as hero and is being certified.
Duration: 6 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Park Entry Frees and All Government Taxes
- Mountain Guide, Porters and Cook
- All accommodation (Hut)
- Entry Visa to Tanzania
- Tips to the Guide, Porters and Cook
- Mountain Climbing Gears
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 261169P12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 261169P12
About the operator
Great Escape Trails
Joined in March 2020
#186 of 855 Outdoor Activities in Moshi
- NKUD6300We had a lor of fun but mostly we saw all the animals in the wild and in real natureThe whole journey was perfectly planned. Our guide Ninah helped us to see all the animals in safety but very close.we had the chance to see a lion coming towards us and eating its prey...amazing
- dly92700Epic trip of a lifetime!We went with Great Escape Trails based on a friend's recommendation and what a wonderful decision that turned out to be! Thom was very proactive and accommodative with all the pre-travel arrangements from the start, and gave us a fantastic guide Cornel. We were a group of 2 couples flying in from different countries, he made sure to engage all of us and understand our different objectives. First and foremost, his ability and instinct to spot animals is unbelievable. He was able to see animals from a massive distance, much faster and clearer than us even with binoculars! We managed to catch the wildebeasts crossing the Mara River three times, twice of which we were first to the scene before all the other safari vehicles arrived thanks to Cornel's fantastic intuition. As a result, we had really awesome front row seats to what is aptly coined 'the greatest show on earth'. Secondly, he drives really well and made us as comfortable as possible on the bumpy and dusty roads in the bushes. Lastly, his easy going personality and excellent command of English made him a joy to be around for 7 days and he is always sensitive to our needs. Truly, we cannot thank Cornel enough for making all our dreams come true! Do not be put off by their lower number of reviews, while they are a smaller company they really go the extra mile to earn your trust. Great Escape Trails was a gem find for us and we would strongly endorse them without any hesitation at all. For future visitors, we wish you a fabulous trip. Enjoy!!
- sixiang202300Took home memories for a lifetimeSpellbound by the beauty of Serengeti landscape from a hot air balloon. Will always remember the sense of wonderment from witnessing our first crossing of the Mara River by a herd of wildebeest and zebras. Enjoyed the riveting moments of seeing lions up close beside our safari vehicle on a couple of occasions. The sunrises and sunsets are stunning. Able to soak in all these magical moments thanks to the itinerary and planning by Great Escape Trails and a most excellent and personable guide who had deep insights into wildlife, was able to anticipate what the animals were going to do (cross the river, hunt) and to spot animals from a remarkable distance (without binoculars!).
- mariakM4467WN00Fantastic experience with great people!We had a fantastic experience with Great Escape trails and we would definitely recommend them. They were super organised and professional and they helped us by giving us advice for all our trip and not only for the safari. We went on a 4 day safari and our guide Noel made everything he could to keep us happy and see as many animals as possible (imagine we saw 32 lions in 4 days). We also saw the big 5 and animals we didn’t even expect we would see, we visited a school in a village and had the chance to share some gifts and also a Masai village where we found out their history and culture. Every day was special and the memories will stay with us for a lifetime. Thank you for everything Thom and Noel!
- 228oscarw00A must doIt’s really hard to say which was the best with this experience. Every day was exceptional! Our guide Noel were super helpful and had good knowledge about all the different places we went to. I would really recommend this experience to anyone who is looking for an adventure! We did a private guided tour 2 persons.
- tom a00Best safari trip company!We had the pleasure of having a 3 day safari trip with Great Escape Trails. From the moment we first sent the email regarding our request, they did everything possible to make sure we were satisfied. Starting with offering a great schedule, covering 3 large parks in 3 days (Serengeti, ngorngoro crater, tarangire), choosing wonderful accommodations for our two nights (tent camp for the first night and a lodge for the next night) - both were lovely, super clean and comfy, with the nicest staff and great food. Our driver/guide Cornell was amazing- always taking care of everything we need, explaining everything along the way, and attentive to our rate. Thom and Issa were both great - always willing to help and respond as quick as possible to our every question or request. Along with offering the best price among all the companies we looked in to- they were simply the best choice we have made and thanks to them we had the best possible trip and an experience of a lifetime! ☺️ Thank you!!!
- natty-hildoc00Incredible 4 day safariWhat can we say, perfect from start to finish, Thom and Issa where accommodating and helpful with arranging the trip and then the service, knowledge and good humor of Nina our guide was incredible. We did the 4 day safari and saw so much wildlife and learnt a lot about all the animals. The accommodation was superb and the food provided was nourishing and delicious. We will definitely recommend this to anyone looking to book a Tanzanian safari. One bit of advice to travelers, if you’re paying in USD make sure it’s new money past 2016 as they didn’t accept it, we had to pay using bank transfer which cost extra fees so be mindful. Thanks for an unforgettable experience
- jessejG5543UJ006-Day Kilimanjaro MachameAs the tallest free standing mountain in the world we were nervous but once we met Great Escape Trails team one day before our trek they gave us a briefing and calmed us down. To be honest with out their advice and help we couldn’t make it up to Uhuru Peak. Thanks to our guide Siza and Vitalisi for their courage and helpful heart.
- Jack676712007 day Serengeti Great Migration SafariWow! Tanzania is spectacular and Great Escape Trails is wonderful agency with great sense of humor. We were collected at the airport on the first day also in the last day. We spend 4 nights in the Serengeti National Park and it worth. The great movement in the Northern Serengeti is something not to miss in your life.
- kasd656003 DAYS AUTHENTIC WILDLIFE SAFARIThis was absolutely an authentic adventure tour. We visited Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro and Tarangire. The elephant at Tarangire wowed us and we really enjoyed our adventure for sure. Rhino in the Crater was a bit far from us but we finally saw them at a glance. Honestly speaking Tom is the best safari guide in Tanzania.
- Jack67671200The Serengeti, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire and Arusha National Park SafariWhat an amazing adventure by Great Escape Trails. We booked our trip to Tanzania through Issa a (salesman) who turned out to be a great help. Issa booked our safari accommodations and gave us the most friendly and expert guide. Lameck as our guide took us to all the Tanzania Northern Circuit Parks for just 5 day in 4 nights. We were lucky to see the Big Five and I was the youngest in our group so far it was a lifetime experience. Thanks to Great Escape Trails.
- josephjU8885WW00Unexplained Great Safari EverA group of friends and I decided to do Kilimanjaro in November. We booked the trip with Great Escape Trials who are one of the oldest and well established travel agencies in Tanzania. They not only gave us a wonderful and experienced crew but also top notch equipment for the trek. We also stayed at their hotel in Moshi – Kili Home Hotel which was perfect. We reached the summit on 28th November and then did a 3 day safari to Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater. I highly recommend Great Escape Trial.
- jimmyjU5414SJ00Great Escape Great Hiking EverWhen choosing the company for climbing Kilimanjaro we were also considering some more budget options, however eventually we were very happy that we were climbing with Great Escape Trails. The difference in pricing is visible on the Mount when you see how other climbers struggle compared to you. Starting from the airport Great Escape Trails team provided excellent services. My wife and I were taking a private 6 days climb via Umbwe route, our guides were very nice guys Victor and Haji. The trekking was very interesting, at first, we were going through rainforests, starting from the third day we witnessed the picturesque landscapes of the high altitude tundra, which were soon replaced by the unforgettable Lunar-Martian desert landscapes. The team was very professional! We did not expect such a level of service on the Mountain. The meals were really great, rich and varied. The guides were helpful and very caring – they checked our medical condition twice a day using oxymeters and were checking our lungs and overall state of health. The tents and all the equipment was almost brand-new and we were sleeping on 3-inch thick matrasses! The final summiting night was the most memorable and mind-blowing experience. Our guides helped us to conquer the Uhuru peak successfully and escorted us inside the crater to see the Kilimanjaro glaciers. Thank you Victor and Haji! Thank you reat Escape Trails for making our Kilimanjaro dream come true!
- mariemG7970RE00Good Trekking Ever SeenAll done are so nice and beautiful,,, Services provided are affordable and in their all of their unit Real thanks alot to Great Escape trails for that made our dream becomed real
- Camper3516970816200Unforgettable Safari ExperienceMy wife and I booked a 4 day 3 night safari, taking us through Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and Serengeti National Park. Our tour operator was Anderson and he provided an amazing safari experience. We attended the safari immediately after a 7 day Kilimanjaro hike, and it was a very welcome change of pace. We saw all of the big five as well as plenty of iconic wild animals. The most amazing thing was how close the animals would approach our vehicle. At many points in the trip elephants and lions came almost within touching distance. Anderson was very proactive in finding best spots to observe as many animals as possible. At the same time Anderson was flexible with accommodating any changes or preferences we had. During the middle of the safari we had to get a COVID-19 PCR test in the middle of the Serengeti, which Anderson went out his way to coordinate. For lodging we opted for the mid range package, which included two nights in a hotel and one night of glamping. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner were all included and each meal was delicious. The glamping in Serengeti was definitely the highlight of the lodging. At some point in the night we even heard hyenas laughing! In terms of communication, Issa at Great Escape did a great job communicating via email and WhatsApp. He was very responsive and helped with any questions we had. Overall Great Escape coordinated an unforgettable experience, while also providing great value for money.