Walkthrough the rainforest to the Mandara encampment. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including a view of Kibo and Mawenzi Peaks, Underground water Lake Chala, Northern Tanzania, and Kenya, In the rainforest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, birdlife, and Colobus monkeys.
Ages 0-85, max of 10 per group
Duration: 5–8 hours
Start time: Check availability
Meets animal welfare guidelines
Live guide: German, English, French, Spanish
- Tour Guide
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Moshi Urban, Tanzania Wearing company cap
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 129818P18
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing?
- 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing price starts from $266.62. Discover and book 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing on Tripadvisor
- What is the 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing cancellation policy?
- 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing?
- 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing is hosted by Twende Africa Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Twende Africa Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book 1 Day Kilimanjaro climbing on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 129818P18
Reserve your spot
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
- You'll start atMoshi UrbanOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mount KilimanjaroStop: 6 hours1 Day Kilimanjaro Hike to Mandara Hut and back to park gate After breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your guide, drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (about 1 hour), register and commence you 1 Day Kilimanjaro Hike Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara encampment. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including view of Kibo and Mawenzi Peaks, Underground water Lake Chala, Northern Tanzania and Kenya,. In the rainforest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life, and Colobus monkeys. • After lunch, hike back to park gate and drive back to Moshi. • Elevation: 1860m/6100ft to 2700m/8875ft • Distance: 8km/5mi • Hiking Time: 3-4 hours up / 2-3 hours down • Habitat: Montane ForestRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Twende Africa Tours
Joined in June 2016
#135 of 851 Outdoor Activities in Moshi
- veronicatB4130CU00GreatGreat tour company. They take care of all the details and have an amazing service. We did Killimanjaru and Safari. Both were great experiences. I highly recommed this local company. Peter and all the group are amazing. They are always available for any support you might need
- Q8790MRstephb00Twende Kili Climb and Serengeti SafariCan’t thank Peter enough for making our experience seamless from start to finish. From picking us up at airport to reorganising flights to checking in with our guides on our welfare during our adventures, Peter made our experience easy and enjoyable. The Kilimanjaro team; Eli, Ephata and the 9 others were awesome. A very experienced crew whose priority was our safety and well-being, there was always a friendly greeting from all the guys on our arrival at camp. From epic 5 minute morning singing send offs, all the porters stoping when they passed us to chat and laugh, rockstar treatment of food deliveries, boot cleaning at days end, morning bed tea/coffee, constant motivational singing when the climb got tough to all the boys teaching us Swahili there’s too much to list all that they did to make this trip so memorable. As mentioned earlier, very experienced guides who after ensuring we summited safely, assisted other groups who were suffering from altitude sickness. So thank you Eli, Ephata, Richie, Seb, Yahaya, Masanja, Ramsu Goeg, Babuu, Zawadi and Yula you all made this a trip of a lifetime. Pasiace our Safari guide was very experienced, knew where to find all the animals and drove around tirelessly to keep to our tight schedule. Also more than happy to chat and educate us over dinner and beer at days end, thanks Pasiace If you’re considering a trip to Tanzania send Peter and Twende a message, you won’t regret it. He only uses local experiences guides and honestly the team we went with is what made our trip so memorable.
- nantikarnt202300Best team for Kilimanjaro climbingProfessional service with friendly environment. During my 7days Kilimanjaro climbing, I've got a great service to ensure my safety and comfortable. Eli and the team provide more than enough food for everyday and also monitor high altitude sickness everyday after dinner. After finish climbing I was transport to safari tour which is is a great experience. Once in a lifetime you should be with this team. ASANTE SANA. Peter, Eli, Richard, Sebastian, Kadawa, Patrick and Issa, my best dancer. TOTA OHANA BADAI <3
- MsKosgey00Worth your time and money!Took on climbing Kilimanjaro for my 30th Birthday. Route: Machame. 5 nights, 6 days. Twende Safaris helped me plan the trip, and was very attentive to my needs and requests and questions. Peter is an attentive listener, and very kind. He and his team made my birthday very special, and the hike relatively easy, fun and enjoyable! I would recommend this company over and over again. They give the best of Tanzanian Hospitality. Worth every penny!
- MurthyMunagavalasa005 day Kilimanjaro Hike & 5 day SafariTwende African Tours Company did an outstanding job in coordinating our hike to Kilimanjaro summit and a safari tour in Serengeti National Park. Peter Kinyaiya and his team of guides, cook, porters and the driver clearly understood that we were there seeking a unique and once-in-a-lifetime experience. Their commitment to providing the best possible experience for the entire 10-day trip was unparalleled. Without their constant encouragement and support, none of us would have made it to the Kilimanjaro Summit. Within a short time, every team member made us feel like we all belong to one family and the feeling only became stronger as the days went by during the 10-day trip. If you are interested in taking an adventure like we did, we highly recommend Twende African Tours Company. - Murthy, Peter, Chandra @ Racine, Wisconsin, USA (Oct 7, 2022)
- Lalique200Best local company for climbing KilimandjaroTwende Africa tours is a start-up, tanzanian owned tour operator for climbing Kilimandjaro. I initially gave a chance to this company because I was looking for a more local, authentic experience, and I was not disappointed. First, I received a flexible and tailored service. Peter, the owner, accompanied me from my arrival in Tanzania to the beginning of the climb, and adapted the hike to my schedule. The guide, Joseph, was extremely professional and his experienced and expertise lead me to the summit. The whole team was so welcoming and contributed in giving me an incredible experience. If you are looking for an authentic, local and adaptable experience while climbing Kilimandjaro, definitely give Twende a try!
- WBcrt00Friendly and knowledgeable guide!We did a morning trip to a Materuni coffee farm + traditional Chagga lunch on site with Peter, followed by a quick walking tour of Moshi in the afternoon. It was great! Peter was friendly, engaging and very knowledgeable. The coffee experience was very interesting (the coffee itself truly delicious) and it was fun to share food from Peter’s tribe with him. We were also glad to visit Moshi with him, which meant we went to places e would not have gone to by ourselves.
- bravaz00Kilimanjaro in May 2022I travelled with Twende Africa to Kilmanjaro and everything was perfect. The level of care and support we had from the company is just great. Everyone was super helpful, friendly and accommodating to any of our requests. I strongly recommend them for any Tanzania related activity.
- Torrrie8900Best local tour company in TanzaniaThis is the best local tour company to get you to the top of Kilimanjaro and to have the most wonderful Safari! Not only the website and communication is very professional, also all the guides and other crew. The owner Peter is extremly helpfull, friendly and having a good time is his number one priority. Twende Africa gave us the Kilimanjaro experience that everyone deserves. A very pofessional and always happy crew, the best food, great briefings and a lot of fun during the evenings. They got us to the top without any problems. After Kili we went on safari in Serengeti and Ngorongoro, again professional and friendly guide, wonderful accomodations, food and service. Peter organized everything personally and nothing was to much of an ask. Best value for money!
- 590idav00Kilimanjaro experts!We had an wonderful time climbing Kilimanjaro with Twende Africa. Peter was extremely helpful and it was very easy to book and organize our trip online from the USA. When we arrived in Tanaznia we were picked up at the airport and briefed before starting our climb the next day. Our guides, porters and cook were all amazing and made the climb excellent fun. Not just a great hike, but also a cultural experience with amazing food! We finished our climb a day early and Peter took as on a free city tour in Moshi on our extra day. I would recommend Twende Africa to anyone!
- WalterG164500High !We did a 5 day Kilimanjaro climbing , everything was sorted out very good , very nice guides and great cooking , big up to the porters who did most of the work , like carrying all the stuff up the mountain ! If u go for climbing the Kilimanjaro don t take less then 6 days , at least u need one day to acclimate ! All in all a wonderful experience Greetings to Elisafi , John , Peter and all the stuff 🤗🌴🇹🇿
- MorganeS30200Wonderful experience and service with TwendeWe have booked a 5-days safari with Twende, a small local agency (3 days in Serengeti, 1 day in ngorongoro and 1 day in Tarangire). From the pick up at the airport to drop off the last day, the service was perfect and communication with Peter was fast and reliable. He managed to find solutions to all our requests (even a last minute programme change). Our safari driver and guide, Jeromine, was really kind, could speak different languages (german, french, english) and knew the roads and parks very well. We saw the big 5. Safari accomodations were really good as well. We didn't face any problems during our peaceful journey. Don't hesitate to book with them and support a local organisation. You won't regret your choice!
- Hamham73000Customer serviceI booked this tour on Viator.com but somehow reservation didn’t go through to them. I had the hotel person contacted them to check. Technical issue created some issues on their side but that didn’t stop them to go above and beyond to ensure I had an amazing day. The owner was able to quickly arrange my tour that morning. My day started one hour later than originally expected but that became a minor details in the end. My driver/guide name was Dave. I enjoyed chatting with him. Since I was a solo participant, he took a duty as a photographer during my visit to the Maasai village, and I must say he has a good sense of photography. Good composition and thanks to him, I came home with great deals of pictures from my visit. My visit to Maasai was interesting and I am glad I got to experience this. I learned so much more about Maasai than before. The driver is also knowledgeable about Maasai, he educated me enough prior to arriving there. Lunch was good too. We stopped by a local BBQ place for lunch. Freshly cooked chicken was so tasty. Lunch was supposedly the end of the tour but since I just arrived at Tanzania, Dave offered to stop by a local gift shop and a market to give me a chance to shop. I ended up buying so much to fill a half of my suitcase! Cherry on top on this event was that the owner came back in the evening to check on my experience. He really cared about my experience and made an effort to come see me at my hotel that evening to get a feedback in person. My day may have started on the wrong side but he ensured my day ended on the right side by arranging a good driver and following through with what he said he was going to do. I highly recommend booking with them for anything as they proved themselves as a reliable tour operator.
- Michael D00Amazing, Professional service at a great priceIt is hard to imagine getting better value for such a reasonable price. From the first moment of contact the service was extremely professional, with prompt replies and detailed answers to all questions. Upon arrival everything was the same, with a warm greeting and set up in a good local hotel. As for the trek itself, the guide was very knowledgeable on local floral and fauna and was a very enjoyable trekking companion (I was alone), and all porters, cooks etc. employed by the company were professional and kind. Overall, I strongly recommend Twende for a great experience at a very reasonable price .
- hillbornorganiccoffe00day trip to materuni waterfall,hillborn organic coffeeOscar was an amazing host and walked us through each step from picking the bean all the way to drinking a wonderful cup of coffee Organic and delightful coffee! Thank you for the much needed help. A big recommand for all. 6 stars+255 762 321 353