Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Tour Descriptions From your Hotel in Moshi, depart with your guide after an early breakfast for the drive to Kilimanjaro National Park. Depending on the location of your hotel, the journey will take 1½–2½ hours. You will be driven to the western side of the mountain and up through the forests to the Londorossi Gate, at an altitude of 2,100m, where the hike begins. The ascent is over 1,000m, moving steadily up through tropical montane forests, home to a variety of animals and birdlife. With the help of your guide, you may spot colobus monkeys, crested turacos and more. As well as being the less-visited side of the mountain, these western regions are known to be frequented by big game from Kenya’s Amboseli National Park, which neighbors Kilimanjaro National Park. It is not uncommon to hear elephants rumbling through the forest; you may even catching sight of them through the trees.
- You'll start atMoshi UrbanOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mount KilimanjaroStop: 8 hours - Admission includedThe Shira Plateau area of Kilimanjaro offers a fantastic opportunity to get a taste of Africa’s tallest peak and to explore a World Heritage Site as a day trip. Take either a more strenuous day hike along the ancient rim of the plateau or stick to something more relaxed on the undulating floor – perhaps going as far as the photogenic ‘cone place’ or Shira Needles at the southern end of the plateau. To the west, the Kibo massif sweeps up to the glaciers near the summit, the rise scarred by deep valleys and eroded lava flows that stand like twisted modern sculptures in the harsh mountain weather. A number of streams tumble down this flank of the mountain, eventually joining together in a gully that crosses the plateau before plunging down to the plains far below. The day starts early with a pick-up in Arusha then a 3-hour drive through the rich agricultural area at the base of the mountain. Observe the variety of local agriculture, from hand-tilled smallholdings to large commercial farms before giving way first to plantation forest and finally to indigenous forest. Once through the park gate, the road climbs more steeply up a rough track moving quickly through the different layers of vegetation from thick mountain forest with towering trees, gradually giving way to the giant heath. From the parking area at the edge of the plateau you can strike out in any direction, following the myriad of small animal tracks to meander your way across the plateau. The guide will carry trail food and a picnic lunch and each hiker needs a small rucksack to carry water, warm clothes and full waterproofs – the weather can change incredibly quickly. A pair of stout walking boots is needed, as in some areas the ground can be soft. Mid-afternoon, return to the vehicle and bump back down the track and across the plains to Arusha, arriving back at the hotel late afternoon or early evening.Read more
- You'll end atMoshi UrbanMoshi Urban, TanzaniaSee address & details
Moshi Urban, Tanzania
Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Professional Guide
- Entry Fees
- Government Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Topi Adventure
Kilimanjaro and Safafi in a Pandemic!
We decided that we were going to brave Corona and continue on with our planned kilimanjaro and safari vacation, and…
Local company! Highly recommend
Choose this company for your Kilimanjaro trip! Emanuel (owner of the company) will take care of you and organize t…
Excellent Experience with Tobi Adventures
In October 2019 we travelled to Tanzania and climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with Tobi Adventures. We had a very Good Tim…
Accent Kilimanjaro, Machame, 03.10-09.10, 2019
The weather was rainy, but we had excellent experience. The team and guides are professionals. Food was very good, …
We decided to go, got medical clearance, picked a route: Lemosho 8 day ... a good choice for maximizing altitude ad…
Climbing mount Kilimanjaro and safari
We had the most wonderfull time of our life with thuis company. Our luggage didnt’t arrive at the AirPort. Elly too…
Great staff, fantastic experience in Kilimanjaro
We did the summit thanks to our awesome team Topi adventures. Guides, cooker, sherpas, everybody was so nice with u…
Amazing climb and the safari!
We had an amazing trip. Everything was super well arranged/ coordinated. Awesome communication from Emmanuel as we …
Great first-time Africa experience
We did a custom tour with Topi, including safari in the Ngorongoro crater, a three-day hike in the Ngorongoro highl…
I did 6 days lemosho route and it was very interesting although the weather was quite bad for me, but with their su…
To the peak of Africa with Nelson and Vincent!
I am grateful for the experience that TOPI made it possible. Never climbed to these heights before. The guides Nels…
I did this trip with Emanuel a bit ago We were all older women - he was recommended by someone via internet who b…
Relyable Partner! Great expirience!
Me and my friend climbed Kilimanjaro summit with Topi Adventure. It was really good experience, where our guides sh…
Amaizing tour services
I had a 3 days visit to Kilimanjaro region with Topic adventures and it was the best trip of my life..amaizing cust…
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike
How much is Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike?
Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike price starts from $358.98. Discover and book Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike on Tripadvisor
What is the Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike cancellation policy?
Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike?
Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike is hosted by Topi Adventure. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Topi Adventure on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike?
On average, this experience will take approximately 12h. Discover and book Kilimanjaro Shira Plateau Day Hike on Tripadvisor