Lake Chala Day Trip
By Uphill Treks & Safaris
Lake Chala Treasure Trail Day Trip The tranquillity and peace of Lake Chala seem a thousand lifetimes away from the bustle of Moshi town, but it’s actually only an hour’s drive away, so perfect for a day trip with a difference. Lake Chala is a caldera lake fed by clean, cold underground streams from Kilimanjaro itself, and it’s renowned for its gloriously changing colours; from deepest turquoise to emerald green to azure and all colours in between. It’s a perfect place to relax and unwind and you’ve the choice of hiking the picture-perfect countryside around the lake, swimming in its sparkling waters (don’t forget your cozzie!) or kayaking across the border to Kenya. Or all three! It’s a day full of getting up close and personal to one of the greatest (and quietest) treasures of Tanzania.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Lake Chala
- Personal items (Sturdy shoes, swim wear & towel)
- Gratuities / "tip" for guide
- Travel Insurance
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Moshi Urban, Tanzania
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 141761P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Lake Chala Day Trip?
- Lake Chala Day Trip price starts from $145.00. Discover and book Lake Chala Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- What is the Lake Chala Day Trip cancellation policy?
- Lake Chala Day Trip cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Lake Chala Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Lake Chala Day Trip?
- Lake Chala Day Trip is hosted by Uphill Treks & Safaris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Uphill Treks & Safaris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Lake Chala Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 141761P2
- You'll start atMoshi UrbanOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Lake ChalaStop: 8 hours - Admission includedYour friendly guide will arrive at your accommodation armed with your tasty packed lunch. Then he or she will bustle you into the transport and drive you to Lake Chala Safari Camp. On the way you’ll journey through the everyday life of Moshi and on to the freeway, and you can spend a relaxing, comfortable hour-and-a-bit taking in the sights. Lake Chala Safari Camp is a beautiful private game reserve overlooking Lake Chala. You’ll arrive there and our guide will take you down to the lakeside, through vividly green flora, with the blue, blue lake ahead of you. It gets quite rocky near the lake so wear sturdy footwear. It’s a stunning area perfect for hikers and birdwatchers, and in season you might be lucky enough to spot elephants gathering at a distant waterhole. Spend the day wandering the paths around the lake or across the nearby savannah, where you’re likely to see baboons, vervet monkeys and blue monkeys as well as (perhaps) the shy dik-dik and graceful kudu, too. After your hike, spend some time sitting by the lakeside enjoying the stillness, only disturbed by birdsong and the gently lapping waters. If you’re feeling a little more active, you can jump into a kayak and explore the lake further. You’ll be serenaded by the ever-present birdsong and gentle plashing of the water as you row. After your adventures, stop at the bar for a drink (alcoholic or otherwise) and, if you’re a little peckish, an afternoon snack. If you haven’t opted to camp at the Lake (think campfire under the star-filled heavens), you’ll be driven back to Moshi in the late afternoon. The pleasant drive will give you some “you” time to reflect on your day and wonder if it would be rude to go straight to bed when you get back – you won’t believe how tired you’ll feel after a day of restorative, stress-relieving peace.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Awesome 8 Days Lemosho Route
We chose UpHill Treks based on a recommendation from a friend who had organized an ascent to Mount Kilimanjaro a fe…
Lifetime experience on Lemosho route 8 days
Great experience! 8 days Lemosho route ended with the summit! Lazaro, the guide, and the whole team have been grea…
2 Day Kilimanjaro Hike
I could not recommend enough this company and particularly our guide Nickson. He picked us up from our Hotel on tim…
Spectacular Experience with Rafiki Guides
A trip of a lifetime; an experience of a lifetime! We did a six day trek up the Machame Route to the top of Kilima…
Exhilarating day trek on Mt Kilimanjaro
If you'd like a taste of the Mt Kilimanjaro trail without the multi-day commitment, I highly recommend a day trip o…
Lemosho 8 day
Amazing experience. Lazaro and his team were absolutely incredibly. Lazaro is so professional and runs a tight ship…
Magical Trekking Company
My mom and I booked the Machame route to Kilimanjaro summit and loved it. Uphill trekking stafss were our guides an…
Amazing Kilimanjaro hiking week, highly recommend Uphill Treks
We took a 7 day Lemosho route to Kilimanjaro summit with Lazaro and his team and we enjoyed every moment of the hik…
Kilimanjaro - Lemosho 7 Day Trek
Fantastic trip with Lazaro and his team! We did the 7 day Lemosho trek as a group of seven people. We all made it t…
Amazing Kilimanjaro Summit and Safari Experience!
I did the 8 day Lemosho route to summit Kilimanjaro and a 2 day safari. I can't recommend Uphill Treks enough! They…
Lemosho Route 7 day hike to the top of Kilimanjaro
We had a great experience hiking, our guides were the best. Lazaro and Ezquel always made us feel safe and guided u…
Best Kilimanjaro Hike
A group of my best girlfriends and I decided to hike Kilimanjaro following our graduation from university, and we d…
Hiking with an amazing view and perfect guide. It was an unfırgetable experience. Walking in the rain is not easy b…
Amazing Mt Kilimanjaro hike
We’ve had an amazing hike on the Mt Kilimanjaro with different nature types, which all were very beautiful to be su…
Kilimanjaro trek - 8 day Lemosho route
My partner and I , decided to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in December 2021. We trekked the 8 day Lemosho route guided by …