The non-participatory boat adventure takes you to the heart of the Okavango Delta where you will experience a combination of mokoro, game and amazing bird species viewing, breath taking landscapes, tranquil sunsets, and amazing star gazing, all in all summed up in one word: unforgettable! Our Professional Guide will share his in-depth knowledge about birds during the tour. We will set up camp on strategically located Okavango Delta islands, a big game area with elephants, buffalo, kudu, elephant, giraffe, and now rhinos.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 0-85, max of 15 per group
Duration: 4 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- 3 nights accommodation
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Items of a Personal Nature:- Medicines, Sunscreen & Hats etc.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- - We also pick up from the Bus Station
- Maun Airport, Maun, Ngamiland East Botswana
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 53286P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari?
- 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari price starts from $1,500.00. Discover and book 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari on Tripadvisor
- What is the 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari cancellation policy?
- 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari?
- 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari is hosted by Xaa Safaris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Xaa Safaris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4 days. Discover and book 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 53286P4
Reserve your spot
Day 1: Enter Khwai
Day 2: Visit Xaxaba/3rd Bridge
Day 3: Mokoro Experience
Day 4: Return Trip
About the operator
Joined in May 2017
#44 of 122 Tours & Activities in Maun
- Resort56966000Fantastic safari companyWe did a 6 days/5 nights tour from Kasane to Maun, visiting Chobe and Moremi National Parks, and the Okavango river. The trip was absolutely spectacular! Xaa Safaris is a very professional company, they designed a perfect safari trip absolutely well adapted to our requests. Every detail was taken care of to perfection. The guide, Ranger, was not only very knowledgeable but also such a fantastic and friendly person!, we were deeply sad when we had to say goodbye! Same about George, the cook, who cooked great meals in the middle of the bush! and was also so friendly and kind. Maas, the company contact in Maun, was great with us, and very helpful. Nobantu, the main organizer in Gaborone, designed this perfect trip for us. Our greatest thanks to all of you!!. Price for value was simply excellent: We spent one night in Savuti, two in Kwai, and one in the Okavango delta, in very nice tents with shower and toilet, that were moved every night from place to place, to be there waiting for us when we returned from our safari trip. They were placed in fantastic locations. In Kwai we could see the elephants in the river from our dinner place!. All the team was so helpful, nice, warm and friendly. We had such a fantastic time! And we saw pleeeeenty of animals. An unforgettable experience we will never forget!!!!
- 107miekef00Scam or just terrible customer service?SCAM! Watch out! I had been discussing our boat safari via email with Xaa Safaris since January of 2023 just to arrive in Maun in July of 2023 to find that my deposit had been stolen and no boat was waiting for us. I accepted a quote, completed the paperwork, signed and sent it through as requested, then on the same email string, banking details were provided for me to pay the deposit. Upon phoning them a day prior to the excursion, they said no payment had been received, and this is when it came to light that right after I emailed the signed contract, the correspondence address changed from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the same string replying, this was not noticeable, so the money was paid via EFT and the receiving account was emptied - nothing I can do to have the funds returned. I have no proof that Xaa Safari is the culprit. However, considering the timing at which the fake email address became active and the fact that they never tried to follow up on our booking, despite having (via the legitimate email address) received a signed contract with all our personal details, this is either extremely poor customer service, or more likely an inside job.
- -5699216234600Well, enjoyable,The Moremi Game Reserve is the most exciting,place. The different species , captures your mind.Experience is the most reaches source,trip with Trip Adviser.Tour with Slender Mongoose safaris and enjoy,book us..
- Moira T00A wonderful, privileged, experience to the heart of unchanged Africa.Two of us travelled independently to Botswana, and booked with Xaa Safaris for a mobile 3-day 2-night safari, journeying into the fabulous Central Kalahari Game Reserve. Our guide came to meet with us the night before departure at our lodge in Maun, and briefed us on what to expect. The following morning he arrived with his team of 3, in a smart safari vehicle with a trailer stuffed with camping gear. The whole setup was really professional and expert. We have been on numerous safaris before, and it was our choice to try a safari during the rainy season, when the bush is all green - and animals much harder to spot! We did see 3 lions and a cheetah though! Having arrived at our campsite (a small grove of shade trees with long grass) we unhitched the trailer, and the guys started to set up the tents, and the cook place. We went out for the afternoon game drive and returned at dusk to find all ready, including the dining tent set for dinner! They made the hospitality seem really easy, including providing delicious vegetarian food as we requested.
- HilArn00A good experience from MaunWe ordered the tour but complications arose because January is off season and the company had closed their local office so nobody read the booking on a daily basis. This was not stated on their website and lead us to think they where just collecting money and not showing up. It was quite the opposite. When we after a time got hold of the owner éverything sorted out and we where treated good. Given a free meal and imeadately reimbursed the cost of the ordered trip. But be aware. The website was not updated with working telephone or working e-mail. We discussed this with the owner and representative and they are eagerly working on the issue. So, we think everything should in future be OK. But are you nervous, you could call them before you order. They are nice people
- Wouter7900Excellent and comfortable mobile camping safariWe just returned from a mobile camping safari in Chobe National Park and the Khwai Concession which borders Moremi Game Reserve and the Okavango Delta. Being one of the SafariBookings team members I have been privileged to go on quite a few safaris already but this trip was one of my best bush experiences so far. It was the beginning of the wet season but we hardly had any rain. Afternoon temperatures were quite high during the first couple of days, but we were either in the open vehicle while driving and cooled by the wind or in the camp, where we could relax and enjoy cold drinks in a glass with ice. The heat turned out to be quite doable and the nice thing about this time of year was that temperatures during the morning and evening/night time were lovely (unlike in July/August when it gets really cold at night and during the morning). The scenery was beautiful and green and we saw so much wildlife. An abundance of antelope species, big herds of elephant and buffalo, giraffe, hippo, lion multiple times, two leopards and even four painted dogs on the last day, which was a real treat as encountering those magnificent creatures is quite rare. In addition it was the season where the migratory birds were there and the birding was spectacular. We kept track of the bird species and ended up ticking more than 110 bird species, including beautiful birds of prey and impressive looking storks and egrets. It truly felt like paradise. Our guide, Ranger, was very knowledgeable about both the animals, birds and trees. He really made our trip. The mobile camping was a lot more comfortable than we expected. Tents were large Meru style tents in which you could comfortably stand and move around. They felt like small hotel rooms in the middle of the wilderness. What a great experience and we felt much closer to the bush when compared to staying in a lodge or a larger tented camp. The mess/lounge tent was also great and the food they served was delicious. The camp staff were great people and took care of all the camp chores, including moving the entire camp to the next location. Quite impressive. It was a great experience which I am going to remember for a long time.
- phlpjns00Do Not Use Xaa SafarisXaa Safaris did not come to collect us at the hotel and they did not answer the phone. They finally replied to my email over 2hrs after the scheduled pick up time saying they were not able to make it. No reason given. I don’t know if they just forgot, failed to arrange a guide or just couldn’t be bothered. Ruined our time in Maun as we were leaving the next day and were there specifically to do the Okavango Delta tour. Do not use Xaa Safaris as they will probably cancel your tour without telling you and leave you waiting and ruin your day.
- einaxm00Three day Okavango TripExcellent organised trip with beautiful arranged dinners. Many day activities like bush walks, individual boat trips etc
- Taileigh S00Excellent Tour Operator !A friend and myself participated in the full day Moremi Game Drive and also a Mokoro tour. Our guide was Puso and was absolutely fantastic. I am a tour guide myself by profession and was beyond thrilled with how our two days with Zaa were handled. Puso was super friendly and so knowledgeable! We saw so many different animals. We felt safe, not rushed at all, and in extremely good hands. Special attention was given to my dietary requirement (vegetarian) and everything was very well organised. I wish we were able to spend more time with Puso. I highly recommend!
- robproccons00Real joy with varietyWe took a 2 hour trip in which we saw a lot of wildlife activity: eliphants in the river and passing through the river, crocs nearby, water monitor lizzard, lechwe, water birds, water flowers. 2 hours seems a perfect time.
- Thomas305400Top quality agency and great tourWe were pleasingly surprised by the quality of Xaa Safari agency and the dedication of the staff. Xaa Safari is a small local agency, with very competitive prices. We stayed in the middle of nowhere in Central Kalahari Game Reserve, with no-one around us for kilometers. The infrastructure they set up for us was amazing: sufficiently large tent with beds and mattress, chemical toilet and shower. We had an (excellent!) cook, two guides and a one other staff member. The food was excellent, every day. The game drives were disappointing as we didn't see any of the big 5, we were just very unlucky. But that is a safari: there are no guarantees. But sitting around the fire at night, and gazing at the sky with millions of stars (as there is absolutely no light pollution), is worth the trip.
- paige s00IncredibleThis was an experience unlike any other. Being able to see the serene beauty of the Okavango from the Mokoros with expert polers, going on nature walks with knowledgeable guides, and settling back into a clean and comfortable camp every night. I would have never thought I could be so comfortable camping in the wilds of the Okavango! The tent was equipped with cots, toilets outside, and even an option for hot showers in the evenings! Each meal was prepared for us with attention to detail by our chef Ona, and the staff was so kind, making us laugh and feel at ease throughout our adventure. I would recommend this tour to anyone really wanting to experience the delta.
- baileynd2900Couldn't have been betterWe had such an incredible time with this tour. The only negative thing I have to say is that they picked us up a little late, but everything else more than made up for it. Guides made sure we were comfortable for the ride to and from Matsaudi, the chef made wonderful food for us, the guides were knowledgeable and approachable, and you really can't beat the scenery. Our tents were clean and the added perk of a toilet out back was really great. We had such an amazing time getting to know our guides - they were true professionals with great senses of humor. I'd highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for a great mokoro experience on the Okavango!
- Lex5000TrustworthyWe booked a one day prepaid boattrip with Xaasafaris. One month before our trip they informed us that the trip has to be cancelled because of low water levels. One day after I have informed them that we were not interested in the alternative trips they offerde, the prepaid money has been refunded on my PayPal account.
- Tour17213400The trip was well organized and on timeThey staff were friendly, communicated with me before the trip to arrange pickup pick was on time as arranged, the guide was excellent and had good knowledge of environment
4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari provided by Xaa Safaris
Product Overview: 4 Day Okavango Delta Boat Safari
Number of Photos