Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 12-99, max of 12 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Pick-Up and Drop-Off from you hotel in Ushuaia
- Specialized Mountain Guide
- Lunch Box
- Walking pole
- Bottled water
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We will pick you up from your accommodation in Ushuaia. The day prior to the excursion we will advise exact pick up time
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 35009P19
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for this activity is 12 years old.
- Important! Dress Code required. Comfortable trekking shoes preferably waterproof. Waterproof jacket. Daily backpack with a spear pair of socks. Sunglasses and Sunblock is highly recommended.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos?
- Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos price starts from $145.00. Discover and book Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos on Tripadvisor
- What is the Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos cancellation policy?
- Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos?
- Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos is hosted by Tierra del Fuego Aventura. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tierra del Fuego Aventura on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 35009P19
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Glaciar VinciguerraStop: 8 hoursOur tour will start when we pick you up at your hotel around 8:30 and drive 7 km inside the Andorra Valley. We will start trekking through a peat-land that has been exploited and we will have the chance to see all the layers of the peat bog very typical from valleys formed by glaciers. Our hike continues through the creek “Arrojo Grande”, once we cross it, we will start heading up hill through the magical fuegian forest. Half way up we will find once again peat bogs all around us in a higher small valley. We will keep walking crossing the timberline where we will finally find the Tempanos Lagoon and behind the Vinciguerra Glacier with its ice caves. Depending on the ice conditions the expert mountain guide will decide if it is safe to approach the caves and walk a little bit on top of the ice. In this high mountain landscape we will rest a moment and enjoy our lunch box with some hot beverages. Keep you eyes wide ope and look up... if you are very lucky you may see the king of the Andes... The Condor! Around 2 pm we will slowly start our way back down hill. Beaver dams will be find all along the trail, keep your eye open, we may be lucky enough and see one!Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Tierra del Fuego Aventura
Joined in April 2016
#10 of 108 Outdoor Activities in Ushuaia
- samhP4398UU00End to end professional service; from time of booking to airport departure dropoff.They were highly responsive to our questions and accommodating to our specific schedule, needs and concerns. We swapped Lago Escondido activity for the Vinciguerra Glacier hike. The staff kept us informed throughout so that every event went as planned, the guides were knowledgeable, friendly, warm, and shared helpful tips to enrich our experience with unexpected memories, like a hot lunch in a glacier cave 2,400 ft high, seeing baby humpbacks at play, foraging through forests and prairies, reminding us to further memorialize our trip with the end of the world postage and passport stamps. I will recommend this team to all who plan to come Ushuaia and will use their services again for any future adventures. Thank you all 👌👍
- bd120900Great way to See Tierra Del NPGroup of 10. We started at the End of the World Railway - didn't do that but was nice to see the train, and then down to the End of the World for some stunning scenery, and little bushwalk and vist to Glacier lakes. Guide accommodating in going back to check on one of the group's glasses that he dropped at End of the World.
- Eugen G00Nice trip at the end of the world!Very nice. We were lucky to have wonderful weather. Relaxing and entertraing, with a lot of nice information about the palce at the end of the world, Ushuaia.
- Robb H00Great experienceThe tour provider was wonderful! Great at communication and flexible as our cruise ship itinerary changed. The tour itself was fantastic and our guide was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Would highly recommend!
- ChelZ4300What a great experince!If you're going to be visiting Ushuaia, then you must go to Tierra del Fuego, even if only for a little as that's all we were able. But, this tour is perfect for that! We had a lovely train ride into the ark followed by stops at every significate place you may want to visit inside the park complete with a small trek at the end as our group wasn't too large. It was fantastic! Unfortunately, a slight communication error caused us to miss the afternoon excursion to the Beagle channel; however, the company (Pinguinos Expediciones) was fantastic in working with us to come to a resolution and in the end, everything worked out just fine. We couldn't have been happier!
- suzntk00Wonderful staff!We rented parkas for Antarctica from them and everyone in the office was a delight! If they were this nice and helpful just renting parkas, taking a trip with them must be a blast!!! We will definitely use them for a future adventure!!!
- William L00Fun well guided hike and tourMy girlfriend and I really enjoyed this tour. It was a small group of five people plus the guide and driver. We saw a lot of the park, learned about the plants, history, and (sparse) wildlife. Coco was our tour guide and he did a great job. The tour also included a surprisingly nice lunch. There was not that much walking overall — maybe a few miles — and while I would have liked more it was still a great time. Would recommend this tour and the company overall.
- oenophile7900Tour Guide Made a DifferenceI was walking through the streets of Ushuaia and came across the tour offices so I walked in to get some information on tours. I signed up and was headed out the next day. I went to the National Park with our tour guide, Macarena. There were only 5 people in our tour so it was very private which I appreciated. Macarena was so amazing and knowledgeable. She was super fun and also an awesome photographer! She took us to places before they got crowded so we were able to really enjoy these spots and also take amazing photos! I very much enjoyed my tour and would use them again!
- Nossifoto00Muddy 4x4 fun with great viewsA flawless booking through WhatsApp, swift communication, clear which made everything easy! The tour started promptly with a full bilingual tour guide for the day, who was very informative, skilled Driver and having spent the day in and out of the 4x4 was very personable! The views obviously depend on the weather but make the most of the day you get even if there are a few showers! Great views of the lakes, fun off roaring in the landcruiser truck !
- WhiteRockMikeD00Good Tour, great guide!Our guide was great! Tour was good except for the wait at the train station for those that took the optional train ride. We didn't but those that did take the train ride thought it was not worth the money.
- Madip00Enjoyable tour and Highly recommended companyWe independently ordered a half-day small group tour to the National Park for our one day Ushuia visit on Holland America cruise in December. Glad that we chose Tierra del Fuego Aventura. It was really great day - interesting and Informative tour, beautiful scenery of the park and fun train ride. Everything was on time, very well planned, and we were very pleased how the personnel takes care of their clients. it's easy short walk to their office from the port, and very helpful and friendly office staff who made our tour comfortable and memorable. It was a pleasure to deal with Ruth by emails and messages, and our guide Pamela was very nice and knowledgeable. Thanks to everyone from TFA for showing us Patagonia. We really enjoyed of Ushuaia and Tierra del Fuego park. HAL passengers Steven and Irina.
- BifaZ00Unreliable tour agency who tries to scam your moneyDO NOT BOOK WITH THIS TOUR AGENCY!!! Absolutely one of my worst travelling experience so far. I strongly recommend y'all to avoid this tour agency as they will not act with common sense and reason. All they want is your cash and once that has been paid, you will be on your own. Booked the tour with TripAdvisor before I got to Ushuaia. The whole package cost me USD225 each person with the penguin navigation upgrade. However, upon the first part of the tour I had the information from another traveller who said they had only paid about half of the price than I had. The fact is, the tour agency sells the same tour package for only USD145. Naturally the agency refused to recognize the fact that they scam people who book their tours in advance. One employee in the office is particularly arrogant, rude and cannot contain her vanity and ego. Either way they had refused to even help me to get the necessary information to utilize tripadviser's low price guarantee feature, which I am guessing that they would lose money anyways. It is obvious that the agency does not care about its customers and the only thing it wants is your dough. Now back to the substance of the tour itself, the morning you go to the national park on a minibus with a tour guide. Since I speak both English and Spanish, I know that the tour guide is carrying out some simplified commentaries and descriptions of the tour. The tour itself is not that impressive at all in a personal opinion. After that tour you will be on your own for around 3 hours and in the afternoon you hop on a ship for the navigation, which is actually very enjoyable. However people who are prone to ship-sick should be aware that this might be very uncomfortable. All in all, the tour package itself is mediocre in the morning and pretty good in the afternoon, but in general does not warrant a USD145 price tag according to the market price. Now, if you happen to book on tripadviser in advance for $225, that may well become the worst purchase of your trip in Argentina. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS TOUR AGENCY!!!
- Rhiannon F00Great DaySpent the day with Diego in the back country of Tierra del Fuego. The tour was a lot of fun and we saw some beautiful scenery. It was also good value - we stopped along the way for coffee and cheese and meat snack, followed by a delicious meal in a rustic cabin with wine/beer. I highly recommend this tour for groups of friends, solo or families. It does get bumpy along the journey so be prepared for that.
- Wanda C00Train to the end of the world and Beagle channelA great full day. Well explained and timed on the train trip and National park. Well done Pamela and Victor. Good recommendation for lunch at Volver and then a spectacular Beagle Channel cruise
- ElizabethJ222500An amazing day!We were two friends and did the tour with Diego. The guide was really welcoming and friendly. We had an amazing day and had the chance to see wonderful spots. Diego shared with us nice infos about Ushuia and the Tierra Del Fuego. We also had an authentic Argentinian culinary experience - which was unexpected but really nice. Highly recommend the tour, especially with Diego! :)
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
This was the only trekking in my trip that I hired someone to get me there. It was a wise decision. Different from other trails, Vinciguerra is not an easy access point and the trail is not well marked. That said, the trekking is simply amazing. You will probably see an iced lake, lots of snow, and the felling of getting in the top of Vinciguerra is impossible to describe. Just getting there you will know. Worths every penny spent! Did the tour with the guys of Brasileiros em Ushuaia.
Written May 16, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos provided by Tierra del Fuego Aventura
Product Overview: Trekking to Vinciguerra Glacier and Laguna de los Témpanos
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos