Ideal activity for beginners and experts in Kayak. Unique view of the Perito Moreno Glacier. Includes photos of the day taken by the team. Visit to the footbridges of the Perito Moreno Glacier (all on the same day).
Ages 14-99, max of 30 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Spanish / English Guide
- Round trip transfer from downtown hotels
- 1:30 hrs of Kayak (subject to weather conditions)
- 1:30 a.m. to visit the footbridges of the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Lunch and Snack
- Special equipment
- Digital photos
- Entrance to the Los Glaciares National Park
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- No pickup / drop off is made for accommodations that do not have a Reception. In this case, a meeting point will be set at a hotel near your accommodation.
- Av. del Libertador 1341, Z9405 El Calafate, Santa Cruz, Argentina
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 211216P17
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not suitable for children under 14
- Entrance to Los Glaciares National Park (Mastercard is not accepted, you can pay in cash or visa card in Argentine pesos upon arrival at the Park) Don't forget your DNI / Passport or Identity Card
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier?
- Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier price starts from $225.00. Discover and book Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier on Tripadvisor
- What is the Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier cancellation policy?
- Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier?
- Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier is hosted by Patagonia Dreams. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Patagonia Dreams on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 211216P17
About the operator
Joined in July 2018
#8 of 57 Transportation in El Calafate
- samdobe32100Great value for money! Great tour and even better for those on a tight travelling budget!!The value of money for this trip is unbelievable. You don't get the park entry included but I was expecting this anyway before booking! The communication from the tour provider was spot on. We stayed in an Air BnB and they located the nearest pick up location. The bus was smooth and tidy and got lots of information of the national park on route in Spanish and English. We had a lot of time to explore the glacier view points along with a great boat experience that we didn't think was included. Would highly recommend to anyone for this trip. Thank you!
- Shirley L00Wonderful short trip near CalafateThis trip will surprise you. The drive takes the group to an overlook of Lago Argentine. Then a short tour of a native people site and their nomadic life is explained. Then off to the cave to enjoy a delicious meal.
- 528hildev00Great experienceGreat activity, very good and funny guide Camilla. All well organised, from pick up to drop off at hotel. Hike on ice is absolutely an amazing experience.
- Amy H00Great tour but think carefully about your transportation optionsOverall a great day. Matthias and Mooty(sp?) were great ice trekking guides - careful, kind and fun. We spent more time on the glaciar than I expected, enjoyed the celebrated whisky on glacial ice and headed home. The boardwalks are great for viewing this spectacular glaciar, and the boat ride got us closer still. Totally recommend the tour — but here is a tip: Hielo y Aventura run the ice trekking. You will see this tour offered by many different tour companies. From what I can make out — what the other companies do is provide transportation to the park and back, and get you on the boat. Buy the tour with transportation if you don’t want to bother with a taxi, Uber, or rent a car. And if you want to see every street and hotel in El Calafate (more than once) on the milk run pick up — for an hour or more. This happens both on the way to the park and back. If you just want to get out to the park, see the glaciar early, have lots of time on the boardwalks and do the ice trekking, save yourself a few hours and find your own transportation.
- cardiffarmsmark00If you get a good guide this could be good day!Just came back from being in a bus for 11 hours, with hardly no knowledge of what went on, the tour guide could hardly speak English, there was no information as to what the day entailed, and the comentary was almost all in Spanish with the occasional broken English. No mention of Fitz Roy at any point, we were let off the bus at certain times, but not allowed to explore on our own, not told any information, a few of the other English speakers had no idea either with one couple asking at the end, when would they see Mount Fitz Roy! Poor Tour Guide, - left feeling dissatisfied and a waste of day, when you travel half way round the world for an experience and all you get is cramp from sitting down almost all day!
- raman601sw00Great timeThe tour company was Solid. Adrian did an excellent job watching over everyone. Wonderful time, book it!
- Bill S00Enjoyable experience in a very scenic outdoor setting walking on top of the perito Moreno glacier. Great guides.This was an excellent experience walking on the glacier. Our guide Luis was very knowledgeable, informative, and gave good instructions. It is a very scenic setting. The morning was spent walking on the several balconies across from the glacier to get many picturesque views and enjoy a picnic lunch. In the afternoon we took a boat across the lake to gear up with crampons and safety helmets to walk on top of the glacier. Highly recommend and a good value.
- Okkie1700Stunning views!A long day, but oh so worth it! The views are spectacular - and we went on a snowy and overcast day - I imagine on a clear day it would be magnificent! The scenery in the National Park truly needs to be seen to be believed! A lunch package is provided, and the contents were more than adequate for the long day. It is about a 15 hour round trip (crossing the borders takes time) so wouldn’t recommend it for travellers with children. Also, remember if you’re an Australian you need to pre-apply for Chilean visa!
- Adam S00Mediocre tourA mediocre tour of El Chalten. It was a very relaxed tour and both the “hikes” were more like 20 minute nature walks. Also, our guide spoke 90% in Spanish and 10% in English. For the price, it is still not a bad tour but there is probably higher quality ones available. We also did not buy the lunch option and just got lunch in town which was fine.
- peggyworthington00Unique, wonderfully diverse, fascinatingArgentina is a Must See and Experience. Unlike any other South American Country I have visited. Unique, wonderfully diverse. If you give yourself the opportunity and the time, the journey through this amazing country is well worth exploring.
- Tour4187559402800Thanks!Great transportation! They were on time, and punctual! Would definitely hire them again to drive us to our hotel! Thanks!
- 2023RoamIfIWantTo00A Fun and Proper Adventure in Patagonia!While the bus ride from El Calafate to El Chalten is quite long, the tour guide provided information on the history and geography of Patagonia and El Chalten to make the experience more in depth and interesting . The trekking is not difficult (I accomplished the trekking over quite slippery snow) and provides views of charming natural features and a heart stopping view point of the impressive Mt. Fitz Roy. If you are looking for a proper bit of adventure in El Calafate, look no further!
- Mobile5802448558400GreatTook two tours with that company (minitrekking and El Chalten) and both of them had been fantastic in any kind if way! Would highly recommend
- E7250GRalexiab00Easy little trekExcellent little trek, Patagonia Dreams are responsible for getting you on the mini trek, picking you up and taking you back, the trek itself is done by the national park guides. The morning we went was awful, it had snowed heavily and the roads were icy. Despite a few coach mishaps, we made it on time for the trek and Carla, our Patagonia Dreams guide, was very helpful, friendly and patient, in keeping us informed on the situation.
- marcurr00Fantastic! Very accommodating!Patagonia Dreams is a fantastic company to work with! They are organized, attentive and experienced. We had some sickness that required us to re-schedule and they were very understanding. They rescheduled with no problem! The tour was very accessible and wonderful! My family was the only English-speaking party on the tour and they translated everything for us. I'd highly recommend! A quick tip - bring a lunch! The cafeteria at the glacier is very expensive!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Dec 2022 • Friends
We waited 3 hours 51 minutes for the pickup at Christmas Eve, after they sent us the confirmation the day before that they would pick us up at 8 am. They came 10.51, and they didnt pick up the phone when we called and sent messages. No apologies, no nothing. Not trustworthy at all. Worst service in all of Patagonia.
Written December 24, 2022
Dear Jan Emil Michaelsen, a pleasure to greet you. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. On countless occasions we have tried to contact you, the registered telephone number was invalid, we have asked the agency to provide us with a valid number, but we were unable to return it and in the last instance, we contacted the Hotel leaving a note to inform them the Pickup schedule, which was from 10:30 am The only message we have received from you was the information on the name of the hotel you are staying in, it is of the utmost importance, as reported in the details of the activity, to communicate with us to report all the data. Could you tell us how you found this incredible ride. We are at your disposal and we hope to see you in the near future. Sincerely, Patagonia Dreams.
Written January 11, 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier provided by Patagonia Dreams
Product Overview: Kayak Experience on the Perito Moreno Glacier
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos