The glaciers of Cerro Mayo and Cerro Negro are located within Seno Mayo of Lago Argentino and Los Glaciares National Park. The only way to access them is by lake. Starting from Puerto Argentino or Puerto Moreno, we will navigate through the Canal de los Témpanos and enter the May Seno of Lake Argentino. We will disembark at Bahía Toro and, accompanied by a guide, we will make an interpretive walk through the Patagonian Andean Forest. We will stay for a while on the site, observing the Cerro Mayo and the Cerro Blanco, and then we will return to the boat that will take us to the north wall of the Perito Moreno Glacier. Once there we will disembark at the floating pier of Puerto Moreno, located at the foot of the catwalks, to give rise to the route of the same. At the end, according to the itinerary of each passenger, you will return to the city of El Calafate.
Lowest price guarantee
Ages 0-99, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Coffee, tea, croissants or sweet snack in the morning and afternoon.
- Pick up by your hotel
- You must bring a lunchbox
- Drinks are not included, you must bring them.
- Entrance to the National Park
- Entry/Admission - Pasarelas Perito Moreno
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- For your transfer you must wait at the reception of your hotel at the indicated time. We will also send an e-mail the day before as a reminder and re-confirmation.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 211216P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek?
- Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek price starts from $151.00. Discover and book Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek cancellation policy?
- Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek?
- Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek is hosted by Patagonia Dreams. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Patagonia Dreams on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 11h. Discover and book Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 211216P9
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Cerro MayoStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Cerro TorreStop: 60 minutesSee detailsPass byCerro Mayo
- 3Pasarelas Perito MorenoStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in July 2018
#7 of 54 Transportation in El Calafate
- Adam S00Mediocre tourA mediocre tour of El Chalten. It was a very relaxed tour and both the “hikes” were more like 20 minute nature walks. Also, our guide spoke 90% in Spanish and 10% in English. For the price, it is still not a bad tour but there is probably higher quality ones available. We also did not buy the lunch option and just got lunch in town which was fine.
- peggyworthington00Unique, wonderfully diverse, fascinatingArgentina is a Must See and Experience. Unlike any other South American Country I have visited. Unique, wonderfully diverse. If you give yourself the opportunity and the time, the journey through this amazing country is well worth exploring.
- Tour4187559402800Thanks!Great transportation! They were on time, and punctual! Would definitely hire them again to drive us to our hotel! Thanks!
- 2023RoamIfIWantTo00A Fun and Proper Adventure in Patagonia!While the bus ride from El Calafate to El Chalten is quite long, the tour guide provided information on the history and geography of Patagonia and El Chalten to make the experience more in depth and interesting . The trekking is not difficult (I accomplished the trekking over quite slippery snow) and provides views of charming natural features and a heart stopping view point of the impressive Mt. Fitz Roy. If you are looking for a proper bit of adventure in El Calafate, look no further!
- Mobile5802448558400GreatTook two tours with that company (minitrekking and El Chalten) and both of them had been fantastic in any kind if way! Would highly recommend
- E7250GRalexiab00Easy little trekExcellent little trek, Patagonia Dreams are responsible for getting you on the mini trek, picking you up and taking you back, the trek itself is done by the national park guides. The morning we went was awful, it had snowed heavily and the roads were icy. Despite a few coach mishaps, we made it on time for the trek and Carla, our Patagonia Dreams guide, was very helpful, friendly and patient, in keeping us informed on the situation.
- marcurr00Fantastic! Very accommodating!Patagonia Dreams is a fantastic company to work with! They are organized, attentive and experienced. We had some sickness that required us to re-schedule and they were very understanding. They rescheduled with no problem! The tour was very accessible and wonderful! My family was the only English-speaking party on the tour and they translated everything for us. I'd highly recommend! A quick tip - bring a lunch! The cafeteria at the glacier is very expensive!
- Janelsc288500Beautiful viewOverall is OK but felt bit disappointed because not able to trek to laguna capri as described in the tour! But the price paid.
- Yonn L00Unforgettable trip . Great service .Was worried when I booked this trip that it would be too long . We were picked up at 07:30 from our hotel . The coach was very comfortable and the lady guide who’s name I can’t remember now gave a full itinerary in both excellent English as well as Spanish . The journey to el Calafate was around 3 hours but that included a short stop at la leone for refreshments. You were given a choice of what to do in el chalten , we opted for the self guided walk up to Laguna capri . We were given excellent instructions on where to go and exactly how long it should take . The scenery at Laguna capri and the view of Fitzroy was breathtaking, one of the greatest experiences of my life . The whole day in took just under 12 hours . Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to explore Patagonia from el Calafate . Great communications from the tour operator before and during the trip
- johnwC4581OH00Hiking in El ChalténWe had a fantastic day at El Chatén. Rebecca was our tour guide and she explained everything we needed to know. The weather was unusually clear we were told for this time of year, which meant we had unobstructed views of the mountains and a beautiful hike to the lookouts.
- Christine L00Amazing!This experience was amazing. If you’re staying in El Calafate and only have time for a day trip to El Chalten, then it is perfect. Amazing scenery, and the short hike to Laguna Capri was breath-taking. Our guide Carla was friendly and informative!
- chucksV5848CT00Excellent!Friendliness and "can do" attitude of hotel staff! Hotel room was clean and comfortable! Breakfast was fresh & delicious!
- jesssparks7500Amazing tour in El Calafate!Our tour guide and driver was amazing— they made the tour the best! The adventure was perfect for us. There was enough time to peacefully see and do everything we wanted. I appreciated the options for a harder or easier tour. We saw condors— seemed like they put on a show for us. The waterfall is not to be missed. Would definetly recommend this tour.
- jooyoungk52300Taste of Fitz RoyHiking to lago capri was great, took 1hr 15min (have bad knees so I wanted go slow going down) to reach the lake even thou tour guide gave us 4hrs to meet again after the hike.
- arlenesw00Perfect day trip to view Mount Fitzroy & to do a bit of hiking!Well-organized, full day tour which gave us the opportunity to see the beautiful scenery including Mount Fitzroy (in the distance). This tour is a good introduction to El Chalten especially if you're staying in the town, and if you're limited in time for sightseeing. The hikes were manageable for my husband (aged 74) and myself (age 67). The paths were not overly steep. The bus drivers were kind and our guide(s) were knowledgeable, and courteous. We were quite pleased with this day trip.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
The guide was very informative and spoke in two languages so we knew exactly what was happening. We learnt a lot about the glaciers, it was very interesting.
The crew were very professional and helpful
The crew were very professional and helpful
Written February 22, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
We hope this message finds you well! Thank you a lot for the time spent on leaving a review. It is really nice to hear you enjoyed the tour that much. Warm regards Patagonia Dreams
Written April 7, 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek provided by Patagonia Dreams
Product Overview: Mayo Glacier Spirit Trek
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos