Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 60 per group
Duration: 9–11 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Tour Guide
- food or berverages
- Punta Tombo Park entrance fee
- Museum entrance ticket
- Welsh Tea Service at Gaiman
- Commerson's Dolphin Boat Ride
- Entry/Admission - Punta Tombo
- Entry/Admission - Museo Paleontologico Egidio Feruglio
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Almirante Marcos A. Zar Airport, Trelew, Chubut Province, Argentina
- Comandante Luis Piedra Buena Pier, 100, Av. Guillermo Rawson 1, U9120 Puerto Madryn, Chubut, Argentina
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 145174P8
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience on Tripadvisor
- How much is Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience?
- Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience price starts from $72.00. Discover and book Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience on Tripadvisor
- What is the Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience cancellation policy?
- Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience?
- Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience is hosted by Sentir Patagonia Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sentir Patagonia Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 145174P8
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Punta TomboStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Museo Paleontologico Egidio FeruglioStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Puerto RawsonStop: 90 minutesSee details
- 4RawsonStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Sentir Patagonia Travel
Joined in March 2016
#12 of 52 Tours & Activities in Puerto Madryn
- Patricia D00Mother Nature didn't cooperate - rain and more rain which impacted tourWe were on an Antartica cruise and booked this tour. Unfortunately, Mother Nature was not cooperative on this day, it was raining when we left the dock and morphed into horrible thunderstorms. With the rain we saw no wildlife except some lamas as we drove by. Sadly, the tour was cut short due to the Park closing due to inclement weather, tour operators were notified to exit so we returned to Pto Madryn. The tour was mainly the 2 hr van ride each way. Our guide was very apologetic, he was knowledgeable regarding the wildlife and typographic of Patagonio; driver was very skilled driving in the horrible weather. A sack lunch provided, and it was abundant and tasty. Due to the inclement weather and the tour being shortened = 4 stars.
- Mobile81452900Great tour of Valdes PeninsualaGreat tour. Seeing the penguins up close and personal was amazing. We also saw sea lions and elephant seals from a distance and lots of wildlife (relatives of llamas & ostriches and sheep, goats and cattle) from the bus.Our tour guide was excellent giving us info about Argentina in general and lots of detail about the animals. It is a lot of van time, but plenty to see.
- spoon23900great opportunity to see penguinsWe had a fun day going out to Punta Norte to see the sea lions and penguins. The elephant seals were already gone by March but the sea lions were still visible, although not very close. We did not see orcas, but that was not unexpected. However the experience with the penguins was amazing as there were hundreds and very up close to view. We had a very nice lunch at the ranch, delicious sausages.
- somuchtoseec00Beautiful day in Pto Madryn and Valdes PeninsulaIt's a full day with a fair amount of van time. Enjoy the view, look for wildlife (saw plenty), enjoy books/maps shared by tour guide and just chill. Very nice national park museum/venue. Would've liked maybe another 10 minutes there. Ran out of time and didn't get to climb tour. Guess I read all the info in the museum. First stop was very busy. Our driver did a great job finding a parking space. Enjoyed the time there walking the board walk, using our binoculars to spot wildlife (seals, birds, few penguins). Pretty views. Most people were chill just relaxing and enjoying. Great bag lunch we enjoyed on the drive to 2nd stop. Two sandwiches on home made bread. Wow! The eggplant was a tasty surprise. Chicken was good also. I really enjoyed the 2nd stop. A bit quieter, maybe 2 or 3 cars. Again, I would've liked to spend another 10 minutes there also. They did a great job getting us back to the ship on time. We did have a later start. Still time to walk the beach near the pier and realize some time in town next time would've been nice. A real sea side resort area. Yes, the tour guide did share her perspective on the Falkland Islands war of '82. Nothing pushy. Always good to hear another perspective. Appreciate the skill of our van driver, great at spotting wildlife. So enjoy when a local tour guide brings materials to share. She did get us to sing a few songs on our way back!
- W3088IWcindyc00The ride back to the ship was an unwanted political opinion by the tour guide.The experience was great but the tour guide gave her political views about the government at the end of the trip and was very unwelcome.
- TexasTangoDancer00Great tour. Good tour companyThis was a great tour. We saw so much. Driver and tour guide were so good. Long drive but worth it. We walked right up to penguins. Saw lots of different animals. This was exactly what we wanted and expected in Patagonia. As a side note, I dropped identification and some money in the van accidentally. I didn't even miss it. The tour operator's wife came to the pier to return it. I did not receive the e mail they sent (slow e mail) so didn't know she was coming. She gave the money and id to Holland America personnel on the pier and it was returned to me. This was above and beyond and indicates the kind of people you deal with at this company. Thank you so much.
- normane29900A great tour, met all my epectations.Our tour guide was excellent. She was very knowledgable and egar to answer any questions. Transpoetation was on time and the tour was as described in the advertisement.
- J3793PUalexv00Fantastic penguin encounterGreat excursion. Our tour guide Diego was a wealth of knowledge in all areas, history, culture, nature, etc. He also knew the best time to go our locations in order to avoid the crowds from big buses. Penguins were great, very active, cute and there were a lot of them. Highly recommend.
- cliffords21500not good at allthey said there was a boardwalk available it e as a mess and very dangerous. poor;y maintain, The guide was very young and knew nothing the driver have some knoeledge but only spoke spanish so you ask the tour guide a question she had to repeat it to the driver in spanish then she would translate to us the answer. It was a long up hill walk to see the first penguin and a longer walk to see more, the said they left for the beach. It was a long boring drive for the price just did not justfide the cost
- garytL3079VT00No penguins seenTake us to see penguins. The advertisement for this tour has a picture of penguin on it & we expected to see penguins. After the van left for the tour, We were told that we would not go to penguin area because the road was closed due to rains the day before. Yet we talked to several other folks who took similar tours from ship & they said road was fine & they saw penguins. We ended up going to 2 other areas & saw plenty of sea lions but no penguins. The dirt/gravel road was very very bumpy but we were aware it would be bumpy & we were willing to suffer thru 5 hrs of that if we had seen penguins.
- 991ezral00Mixed feailigsThe Guide was knowledgeable and cooperative. We did see the wildlife expected. The minibus was small and cramped. Seating on the bench at the end of the minibus was very unpleasant , considering a total drive time of 5 hours. 3.5 hours of them were on an unpaved dirt road, jumping up an down. Visibility through the mini bus windows was limited. Lunch was limited and not that tasty (compared to other groups seating there )
- 822rickn00Amazing opportunity to view Magellanic penguins in their natural habitat!Beto was a great guide, friendly and informative. We first visited the elephant seals and sea lions at Port Norte. But the highlight was the visit to the Magellanic penguin rookery at the farm Beto took us to. Seeing the penguins "guarding" their homes, "cleaning" their homes, then walk to the ocean where we saw hundreds wading on the beach and many swimming. Truly amazing, particularly with them walking right beside us! But the lunch at the farm could have been missed. Way too much food and not particularly good.
- kcoulahan00Worth the drive to see the wildlifeThis was a small group tour, but when I got off the ship, it turned out to be just Berto and me. (My husband went on a different tour.) A delightful and knowledgeable man who has been a tour guide for 20 years. He had lots of information and stories about both history and life today to fill the 2 hour drive to the UNESCO private nature reserve. Guanaco, sea lions, elephant seals, sheep, and penguins, penguins and more penguins--so interesting to watch. Once back in Puerto Madryn, we took a quick drive through town. Never any concern about getting back to the ship in time.
- glampedlife00Excellent stop over via Celebrity cruisePerfect stop over from Celebrity cruises! Dont be afraid to book with this company, the cruise boats are overpriced. This was one of my best port stops from the cruise in Feb. Good instructions where given, they will meet you at the end of port with a blue balloon, they know the ship times to leave, you wont be late, well organized day. We had some jerks on our tour that where not kind to the the guide. Emelia was a EXCELLENT guide, she is very knowledgeable in the area, she answered all my question's, the stops are short but enough time to check take bathroom and shopping breaks. You will receive a box lunch with water. I really enjoyed this beautiful port stop and all the animals we got to see, and we saw alot!! I will be returning oneday to this area for vacation for sure so spend more time. Please tell Emelia we said thank you for such a amazing day (we sat in the front seats). TIP: when you travel be kind and compassionate or stay home.
- clairetO8246FT00Peninsula ValdezWe had no problem meeting the people from Sentir Patagonia at the dock and were introduced to our guide/driver Fernando. He was extremely helpful and we got to Peninsula Valdes ahead of all the tour buses - which scare off the wildlife. Because we were in a car, and Fernando had an eagle eye, we were able to see, and stop to photograph, lots of Patagonian wildlife. The lunch was great (two hearty sandwiches). Fernando was supremely helpful and at the end of the tour also gave us a bit of a tour of Puerto Madryn. We found this through reviews on Tripadvisor and would recommend it highly. Definitely the best trip so far from the cruise.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
No results found. Try removing a filter, changing your search, or clear all to read reviews.
Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience provided by Sentir Patagonia Travel
Product Overview: Punta Tombo Tour, the Penguin Experience
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos