Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 12-70, max of 4 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional bilingual (English and Spanish-speaking) guide
- Bottled water
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up at your hotel, or we can meet in San Lorenzo.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 19364P7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Cloud Forest hiking?
- Cloud Forest hiking price starts from $63.39. Discover and book Cloud Forest hiking on Tripadvisor
- What is the Cloud Forest hiking cancellation policy?
- Cloud Forest hiking cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cloud Forest hiking on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Cloud Forest hiking?
- Cloud Forest hiking is hosted by Poncho Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Poncho Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cloud Forest hiking on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Cloud Forest hiking?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Cloud Forest hiking on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 19364P7
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Joined in January 2011
#1 of 12 Food & Drink in Salta
- mariateresalR5942GD00An excellent experience that we recommend with Poncho ToursEight-day private tour from Mendoza to Salta. Everything was very pleasant, Mariano -our guide- was all the time explaining details of places from geographic, topographic, historical and whatever you can imagine. An expert and super amicable guide. I travelled with my young adult son who has been delighted with all places visited, their magnificence and life in such remote places. We appreciated the visits of recommended and not easy to find craftsmen, particularly in the Calchaqui region, unless with an expert guide as Mariano. I am from Buenos Aires and had been in the region but would have not discovered these places if it not had been because of Mariano. For those novice to Argentina and the Nordwest it is an excellent opportunity to see, learn and buy many objects of craftsmanship direct from the people who live there from their own work. We particularly enjoyed also our stays in Cafayate (at Cafayate Wine Resort hotel), the several bodegas visited and wine tastings as well as our stay in Salta (at hotel Alejandro I). I shall mention also that we loved the location, foo and wines at restaurant Puna, of bodegas Patelli in Cafayate (Salta).
- 470amenaz00Thank you Poncho Travels!We had a wonderful experience traveling with Nick from Poncho Tours. Before arriving in Buenos Aires we coordinated with Gary from Wine Tours/wine Tasting about our interest in visiting the Salta area. Gary put us in touch with Nick and helped us plan an amazing two days from Salta to Cafayate. Our initial plan was to travel to Tilcara, but protests and road closures forced us to change plans last minute. Nick was very flexible with the many changes including an extra long delay of the arrival of our plane. On our drive he stopped at several spots so we could soak in the spectacular beauty and views on our way to Cafayete. When we got to the charming little town, Nick gave us many recommendations to explore. He also helped us find our favorite alphajores spot! We had a really wonderful time taking in the beauty, exploring wine, and traveling with Nick and Poncho Tours. Thank you for making our visit so memorable!
- joellenc56800Salta & Jujuy - a tour not to miss!Our tour with Rodrigo was outstanding. The sights were amazing, and we appreciated his knowledge, flexibility, and simpatico. Well worth the investment to have this personalized attention and schedule. Despite road closings at one point, we didn't miss a thing, thanks to Rodrigo's knowledge of the area. And Nick was a great help before the trip, helping us with accommodation suggestions and bookings, money exchange tips, and more. Highly recommend Poncho Tours!
- Karl and H00Great experienceVery happy with our short trip with Poncho Tours. Nick collected us from the airport and talked us through the plan and then guide Nico was with us for the next two days. He made sure to stop everywhere we wanted for photos, explained about the plants & history and was happy for us to have an unscheduled stop to watch some young vicuña. Highly recommend!
- laustinnc00A super-organized tour company with a personal touchWe had a wonderful experience with Poncho Tours. Co-owner Nick and guide/driver Rodrigo were extremely organized and very knowledgeable. The tour was customized to our tastes with a winery tour/tasting, llama trek and Train to the Clouds ride. Nick presented various options for lodging, and you could pick which ones fit your budget. Do not miss the curvy road trip to the 14-color mountain in the Serranía de Hornocal! I would highly recommend Poncho Tours to anyone traveling in northwestern Argentina.
- AXH201500Wish I had booked an extra day in Jujuy!I requested a modification to the Salt and Seven Colours tour--to see the flamingos in the Quebrada del Toro in off-season. Although Nick's usual local guides weren't available, he scouted the route for me and did the tour himself. We were still able to see quite a few flamingos, and it was a beautiful and tranquil place. It would have been great to do the full four days so I could have had time to hike a bit of the Inca Trail, and spend more time in some of the other spots. Although the cost was a little higher than I had been expecting compared to other countries I've been to in the past, once I went on the tour, I could see the rough roads cause wear and tear on the vehicle, and the winding roads at high altitude could be tough on the driver. Lodging and food in the area costs very little, so it all evens out in the end. Alicia also did a Salta city tour with me. I wasn't feeling well that day, and she was patient with my slow pace. Because the hotels in the area don't offer laundry service, she accompanied me to the laundromat before and after the tour.
- fionai68900Brilliant experience, and everything made so easy for us by Poncho Tours!We loved our tours with Nick - he made everything so straightforward for us so we were able to just sit back and enjoy the incredible scenery around the Salta region. The Inca trail hike was a particular experience we were very keen to have while in Argentina and we’re happy we found Nick to guide us. It was amazing to get off the beaten track from the more visited tourist attractions and to have a hike through the stunning mountain landscapes past several sites of Incan ruins. Nick also suggested adding a visit to the pre-Incan ruins at Tastil and we were really glad we saw these as well. We also enjoyed Nick’s company and the information he gave us about the area while we were exploring. We’d very happily book with Poncho Tours if/when we (hopefully!) come back to Argentina!
- Seattletravelers_300An Exceptional ExperienceOur 4 day excursion from Salta to San Pedro de Atacama with Nick was exceptional! Before we even arrived to Salta, we felt well connected with Nick through all of our planning zoom calls and emails. Nick is truly passionate about his work and created a memorable journey from experiencing colorful Carnival, spectacular hikes, exceptional food, and his heart. Crossing the crazy border from Argentina to Chile was a breeze with Nick. Thank you for an unforgettable experience💕
- Ramona11122200From Mendoza to CafayateNick was a great guide, he helped with the hotels giving me a couple to choose from for each of our 5 nights and then helped with the booking of them for me. My husband and I saw sights we'd never have known about to check out and he tailored the trip to our interests which I had given him ahead of time. Was able to ask questions the total time as we were driving from Mendoza to Cafayate, I have a much better understanding of Argentina and the culture now. He also gave us suggestions and tips for next few days as we traveled onwards to Salta, even though our time with him was over. Highly recommend Poncho Tours. R
- Jo N00great day ourReally injoyed tasting the high altitude wines and discussing them with our guide Marinho. He had a really good knowledge af the local wines and the different wineries. The landcape on the drve from Salta to Cafajate were stunning and we had enough time to stop to take photos.
- Stuart G00Northwest Argentina revealedTwo weeks with Nick tracing route 40 was outstanding. No better guide to local/remote inns, restaurants and shops is possible. More than simply wonderful scenery, he provides insightful commentary to history, culture and flora/fauna. Eating empanadas, buying a salt llama, drinking chicha, watching flamingos or Spanish colonial religious paintings, climbing a 1920s railroad trestle ( built with civil engineer Tito!), wandering in small rural town squares, marveling at the friendly industrious Argentines, observing Bolivian smugglers, enjoying Cafayate Malbec, learning, learning. All in supportive care and direction of a friendly companion, Manchester’s own Nick Evans. Go with Poncho tours or don’t go.
- 176maddya00Four day Acay Adventure - amazing!We did the four day Acay Adventure with Poncho Tours and it was absolutely fantastic! From the get go, communication with Nick was easy and he was so helpful in recommending a tour that would suit us best given the time we had available and where we needed to start and end. He was an excellent host throughout, incredibly knowledgeable and flexible; and we felt in very safe hands! Whilst booking our trip we were debating hiring a car and driving around the area ourselves, or booking a tour. We are so glad we went for Poncho Tours as we would not have seen or experienced so many of the incredible places we did with Nick. We would absolutely recommend Poncho Tours and we certainly book again!
- Drynanjo00Lovely road tripWe had a wonderful trip in Argentina with Nick. We saw fantastic scenery - Andes being a highlight ! Great service and everything went to plan - easy trip - fantastic memories. Will be back to visit again
- bibliodel00Great Authentic Experience With Unbelievable ViewsWe had a lovely time exploring the mountains and seeing the views. Our favorite part was the hot springs (Las Termas de Rio Hondo). The guides are all very patient and knowledgeable. We found we didn’t enjoy all the driving on the mountain dirt roads. Nick does a great job telling you what to expect and the little places you stay at along the way are very fun and serve delicious food.
- jasonf34600Wonderful 7 Day Trip Through Salta's NorthwestOur 7-day tour through northwest Argentina with Nick and Poncho Tours was fantastic. I had been communicating with Nick for a year in planning our trip, and he was quite responsive and communicative the whole time. Nick's wife, Alicia, also helped coordinate some of the planning, and joined us for Easter weekend in Tilcara. Nick is organized, helpful, and allows for options during the trip. His vehicle is new, comfortable, and it worked for driving 7 days in. His knowledge base of the local customs and cultures, as well as the landscape features, is unbeatable, and this helped us to really know what it was that we were seeing as we saw it. We felt comfortable and taken care of by Nick, and knew things would be in order and "as advertised." We appreciate our wonderful experience driving through this very unique and historied part of Argentina. I'm glad I chose Poncho Tours to take us.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Nov 2022 • Couples
Nick and Fernando were great company and guides on our 1/2 day cloud forest hike.Nick picked us up from our airbnb and provided snacks and a great empanada lunch. We were able to hike at our own pace and because it was only 1/2 day we only travelled for about 20mins by car.Nick alsogave us some great tips for things to do in Salta! Thank you Poncho Tours. We would highly recommend!
Written November 7, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thanks so much for your kind words, Penny and Steve. Fernando enjoyed practicing his English as well!
Written November 8, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Cloud Forest hiking provided by Poncho Tours
Product Overview: Cloud Forest hiking
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos