On this trip you will immerse yourself in the heart of the Atlantic, Andean and Austral Patagonia, its infinite lakes, steppes, and glaciers. You will discover the flora, fauna, and the rural traditions of local communities, the local gastronomy, and the natural parks of the south of Argentina. A highlight of this trip will be the cultural exchange experience with a community of natives in Bariloche and the whale watching in Península Valdés.
Ages 18-99, max of 12 per group
Duration: 17 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- 15 nights accommodation (category: standard)
- 1 homestay in full board
- Breakfasts in all accommodations.
- Tickets to National Parks.
- Transfers to the airport (in private service when mentioned)
- Meals when "included"
- Excursions mentioned on the itinerary (group tours)
- Entry/Admission - Puerto Piramides
- Entry/Admission - Puerto Piramides
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego
- Entry/Admission - Perito Moreno Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Upsala Glacier
- Air transport (optional).
- Excursions indicated as "optional ".
- Personal meals and extras not mentioned.
- Entry/Admission - Canal Beagle
- Departure details
- Ezeiza International Airport, AU Tte. Gral. Pablo Riccheri Km 33,5, B1802 Ezeiza, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina The starting point is Buenos Aires International Airport
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 123348P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 123348P5
Day 1: Welcome to Argentina...
Day 2: Buenos Aires City Tour:...
Day 3: Welcome to Patagonia:...
Day 4: Sighting of southern...
Day 5: Exploring the wildlife of...
Day 6: Flight to Ushuaia and...
Day 7: Excursion to Tierra del...
Day 8: San Pablo Cape and Rolito...
Day 9: Flight to El Calafate and...
Day 10: Visit a local Estancia...
Day 11: Navigation between the...
Day 12: Flight to Bariloche and...
Day 13: Exchange experience with...
Day 14: Seven Lakes Road - From...
Day 15: Free day to discover...
Day 16: Flight to Buenos Aires...
Day 17: End of the trip (B/-/-)
About the operator
MATER Turismo Sustentable
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Joined in May 2016
#160 of 752 Tours & Activities in Buenos Aires
- Rakhi0900Family trip with sterlingThe best place for visit ant stay ,,whole staff are very cooperative ,, ghe fpod quality is so good ..i recommend to visit this place with urs family
- Lia R00Excellent servicesIn the first week of August we had a tour organized in Argentine Patagonia for seven days by MATER. It is a reliable travel agency with very friendly and professional staff. We were very satisfied with the organized activities in Ushuaia and El Calafate. The hotels they booked for us were of high quality as long as the local guides they collaborate with. Every detail and transfer was very well organized. Havié was very informative and helpful to every question we had even when we changed our plans several times!! I would definately reccomend Mater Travel.
- mfsungoddess00Great time to visit the community with great foodMy group of 14 people visited with the local family for a great dinner and empanada cooking session. everyone enjoyed the opportunity to try many of the local dishes and to even make one. the hosts were fantastic. as this was our first day in Argentina and it set the tone for the reminder of the trip.
- seanclark369500tour of patagoniaThis tour was amazing. we saw most everything that was needed in Bariloche, el chalten, el calafate and Ushuaia. The only thing that I didn't like was the trip to el chalten. it was mostly just seeing the town and trying to take atrek and it was cold. Besides that it was awesome
- guyrb2300Outstanding / SuperbMater Sustentable, and more specifically, Agustina from Mater, was absolutely amazing in the organization of my 23 day trip to Argentina, where I visited Calafate, Ushuaia, Salta, Cachi, Cafayate, Jujuy, Mendoza, and Buenos Aires. Agustina was professional, helpful, providing responses to questions in a timely manner. I cannot underline how much I appreciated how quickly she responded to questions/comments. She provided useful advise and worked constructively with me ensure that the final programme met my needs. Her assistance continued throughout the visit, which proved to be tremendously appreciated when dealing with a few unpredictable developments. I have no reservations recommending Mater Sustentable if you are planning a trip to beautiful Argentina. They will make your life easier and work to ensure you have a memorable vacation.
- jlevi201600Fantastic Tour of Jewish Buenos Aires and beyondFour of us just had an amazing tour of Jewish Buenos Aires and would highly recommend Patricia (our guide) and Mater Turismo Sustentable. The day included visits to AMIA, Jewish memorial sites, a synagogue, walking tour of Once. We learned an immense amount about the political history of Argentina, matters relating to immigration, social relationships among different groups, and beyond. Patricia tailored the tour completely to our interests and was responsive to every question and request -- including finding us the best ice cream around. Mater Turismo was responsive to all scheduling requests and Patricia was beyond engaging and professional. I'd highly recommend this tour or any others offered by this company.
- Susan M00North/South Argentina TourHerve and his team were fantastic in helping us plan and manage our tour of parts of Argentina. They coordinated a homestay near Cafayate which was a wonderful experience, as well as a glacier tour in El Calafate. They booked good hotels which were within our price and comfort levels, and our local guides were punctual as well as knowledgeable about the area and people. They even did our airline checkins for us which we really appreciated, because at times we were without internet service. Then, at the airport, they practically put us on the plan. Our emails were always answered within 24 hours. All in all, a wonderful experience and I highly recommend this company.
- dragica198600Great experience with excellent companyThe service was excellent, everything was perfectly planed, we didn't need to think about anything, just to relax and enjoy the visit of the amazing Iguazu falls. Herve and his colleagues have done a great job , they are very dedicated and responsible. I heartily recommend this company for all types of visits in Argentina.
- ranckristina00AMAZING EXPERIENCEWe had the best experience with Mater Turismo. Very easy going people that made every our wish come true, with no proble at all. Our great trip wouldn't be so amazing without their help. I can highly recommend!
- AleRicLuiFra00twelve days in Argentina-Chilewe made this wonderful trip to Argentina in Feb 2015 and everything was conceived and then established with the constant support of Hervè from Mater turismo. The places that we visited (Buenos Aires, Valdes, Punta Tombo, Ushuaia, Torri del Paine, El Calafate and back to Baires) will remain forever in our minds, the hotels where we stayed were of good to excellent standard, and also the guided tours were very well organized. Thank you Hervè, and also thank Mariana for the tango lesson!