After hotel pickup, head to the exclusive waterfront neighborhood of Puerto Madero and step into the 5-star, award-winning Faena Hotel, where the Rojo Tango Show takes place. With a dash of speakeasy flair, you’ll be ushered through a discreet entrance, down a long hall lined with elegant shops and restaurants, and into the cabaret theater.
Crimson lighting, a mahogany piano and chairs upholstered in rich red velvet add to the sensual atmosphere. If you’ve opted for dinner, arrive 90 minutes before showtime and enjoy a three-course gourmet meal, paired with some of Argentina’s top-quality malbec, chardonnay and sparkling wine (see below for a sample menu.) Or, if you chose the show-only option, slip into your seat in time for the performance and enjoy the provided drinks.
The approx. 90-minute show traces the history of tango, from its origins in cabaret to tango nuevo, made popular by Argentine composer Ástor Piazzolla, who infused jazz and classical music into traditional tango. Watch five couples in period costumes dance stellar choreography, and listen to powerhouse vocalists and the live orchestra. Join in the audience’s fervor during timeless tango favorites like ‘Gallo Ciego’ and ‘La Cumparsita.’
After the performance, enjoy convenient transportation back to your downtown or Recoleta-area hotel.
Sample Dinner Menu:
• Shrimp and potato salad with cocktail sauce
• Patagonian venison pâté, pears cooked in Champagne and mixed greens
• Mustard-infused turkey breast, arugula, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and croutons
• Beef tenderloin, truffled mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms
• Salmon, semolina gnocchi with tomato sauce and corn vinaigrette
• Lamb ravioli, sage cream, fresh tomato and smoked eggplantDessert
• Passion fruit pie with chocolate crumble
• Bittersweet chocolate marquise
• Banana cream with dulce de leche garnishBeverages
• Baron B sparkling wine
• Terrazas Reserva malbec and chardonnay
• Soft drinks