per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian
What's not included
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Food and wine tasting
- Other food and drinks, unless specified in inclusions
- Entrance fee for the museum and aquarium
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Please advise supplier as soon as possible your pickup details.
- Port of Koper
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24363P83
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel guests must advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location,
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time,
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper?
- Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper price starts from $94.08. Discover and book Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper on Tripadvisor
- What is the Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper cancellation policy?
- Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper?
- Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper is hosted by Koper Trips - Tours & Shore Excursions. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Koper Trips - Tours & Shore Excursions on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24363P83
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byKoper
- 1PiranStop: 4 hoursPiran is one of the oldest and most beautiful Slovene towns with rich history and culture. Almost 500 years lasting Venetian influence has given this town an inimitable charm. Its culture heritage is not at home only in museums since the architectural and artistic pearls, which decorate the everyday life of the local people, can be found at every corner. Giuseppe Tartini, the world famous composer and violinist, who was born and raised in Piran, had a great impact on the town. Today, his bronze statue adorns the town’s main square together with Tartini’s house where visitors can admire one of his violins. The Tartini Square is surrounded by majestic buildings, such as the richly decorated Municipal Palace, Tartini Theatre, Maritime Museum, Aquarium, Marine Biological Station, Baroque House and Apollonio Palace. On the hill above the town is the biggest and most important church, the Church of Saint George, which offers a wonderful view. Piran’s town wall, narrow streets, fishermen’s nets, compact houses that rise up the slope and beautiful sea will give you the feeling of walking through a painting. On this panoramic trip along the Slovene coast you will also visit the coastal towns of Portorož, Izola and Koper, where a tourist guide will tell you about the main attractions, historical facts and local tradition. On this trip you will also have the chance to admire a typical Istrian village and refresh yourself with local food and wine. During the trip you will be able to enjoy a splendid view of the sea, with the Alps in the background, and you will have plenty of time to take some wonderful photos.Read morePass byPortorozIzola
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Koper Trips - Tours & Shore Excursions
Joined in March 2017
#3 of 31 Tours & Activities in Koper
- quika2400Amazing day seeing a new countryThis tour was a fantastic opportunity to see a bit of Slovenia before our cruise from Trieste. The tour was in 8 seater vans (not a huge tour bus) - 3 vans on our day. So a nice small group of people. The tour guides provided great information and we fun. We got a nice chance to visit lake bled without major crowds of a tour bus. And the capital city was beautiful and fascinating. I’d definitely recommend this tour (instead of one off the cruise ship which had FOUR huge tour busses going so the crowds were crazy).
- gloryd202300Cancelled without a legitimate reasonI had booked this tour long before we left on our cruise. Two days before we got to Koper, the tour operator cancelled the tour citing end of summer traffic—please look at attached photo. I had to scramble last minute, to get on a similar tour offered by the cruise. The cruise had large buses covering the same places as this tour offered (I’d booked with this company hoping for a smaller group experience), and we visited these same places without experiencing the traffic delays this tour operator cited as a reason for cancellation. So, be aware of this possibility of cancellation if you choose this company for your tour.
- Adventurer58990800Slovenia: Southern Europe’s hidden gem…Where can I start? Dean - our travel guide was so informative and knowledgeable about his home country of Slovenia; picked us up directly outside of the terminal of the Port of Trieste. We began our journey by talking about our families and we crossed the border to Slovenia, onward to Lake Bled. He informed us that we must try the Lake Bled famous cream cake; which was AMAZING! We then went onto Ljubljana, after spending an hour at Lake Bled (you need a day minimum to actually enjoy it.) Ljubljana was fantastic, great food (try the beef goulash) and we had an amazing time. I HIGHLY recommend this tour; and if you get Dean - you’re in for a great ride! My only complaint was that there wasn’t nearly enough time to see each place in this amazing country; that’s okay, just another reason to return! Thank you Dean!
- K5136LWstuarth00Excellent day trip to Slovenia from TriesteComfortable 8 seat van with good aircon. Our English speaking guide Matt had good knowledge of Slovenia and the specific sights in Bled and Ljubljana. The stop at Lake Bled gave plenty of time for photos and a visit to a local cafe to have Kremsnita (the local cream and custard slice). The tour route included a circuit of Lake Bled which gave further photo opportunities of the Church of the Assumption of Mary. The walking tour of the Ljubljana old town included the main sights of Preseren Square, the Triple Bridges, Dragon Bridge, Congress Square and Saint Nicholas Church (outside only). Note: Ljubljana Castle is not on the itinerary but overlooks the old town and good pics are possible from Congress Square. Some free time in Ljubljana allowed us to visit a local restaurant for a late lunch. The central pickup location in Trieste at Hotel Savoie Excelsior was convenient being a 10 min walk from our accommodation.
- chriswH7967EZ00Great trip, great country and great guideThis was a well organized and thoroughly enjoyable 7 hour trip into beautiful Slovenia. Ever patient and polite tour guide Ernest (Ernie) introduced us to his fabulous country. It was a swift trip to Bled and Ljubljana but enough time to get a feel for both sites. As long as you have some energy in your legs you can zip up to the castle in Bled, back down, grab a coffee and still enjoy the lake before heading to the capital. Ljubljana’s a beautiful town (at least the bit we saw). My advise is not to spend the whole time in a restaurant but grab a pastry-wrapped sausage and go explore. Head up to the castle and explore the streets. All in all I really recommend this trip. Book directly through Koper Trips rather than an agent and save some euros!
- kezza00200Cave SurpriseFantastic trip easy to navigate through, pick up was great, and safe return. The caves and castle were amazing! Must see
- JacobFrancis500Slovenia BlitzOur guide was helpful in not only showing us the sights in an efficient and safe manner, but gave us insights into his beloved country.
- F2633AYjuliec00Don’t miss it! The train ride alone is worth it.Ernie and Matt (?) were very enthusiastic and prompt. We had issues with participants not honoring the time and the group continued with Matt staying behind to bring them to the caves. That said the castle was rushed, I believe because we waited for a no show. Both were very happy to explain the history of the area in addition to the venues. Overall a wonderful experience!
- Mamabirds3800What a wonderful surprise!What a wonderful surprise this excursion was for us. Slovenia is gorgeous, clean, and safe! We were fortunate enough to have ERNIE as our tour guide and he made everything about the trip special. He was friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. Lake Bled is breathtaking and Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, was a treat.
- melaniebX2109WV00Cave tourWe enjoyed this so much! My kids 13 and 15 loved the cave. Our tour guide was great! Ver friendly and helpful 🙂
- Allan M00BeautifulOnly visited the Castello di Miramare grounds and can highly recommend!! The Castello is located on a stunning promontory with views over the Gulf of Trieste. The extensive grounds are well kept and beautiful. When we visited there was plenty of parking available in the nearby car parks with a short walk up a stairway to the grounds. There is a cafe with toilet facilities in the grounds for coffee breaks.
- jennar37100Amazing tour not enough time!Dean was the perfect guide- super knowledgeable and passionate about his country. Definitely worth the day trip but as other reviews say, there certainly is not enough time in each location. This tour should be an entire day trip (it is listed as one but is really a half day trip). Slovenia is a beautiful country and I would love to come back in the future!
- Glory45300Great tour overallExcellent tour of Lake Bled and the capital city of Slovenia. My guide was knowledgeable and helpful. My driver was excellent. I had trouble finding the tour but my guide located me for which I am grateful! One thing to note, I was traveling solo and had to pay twice the price than couples did…this doesn’t seem fair. Why am I charged double for being on my own? The tour itself was excellent though and I’d recommend it to a “couple” but not to my single friends due to the double pricing. Thank you!
- M191URdalek00A Great TourThe train ride deep into the Postojna Cave and cave walking tour was very informative and interesting. The Slovenia Cream Cake was delicious. The Predjama Castle tour was fascinating.
- K5684GOdebrad00Exceptional Experience- A Must SeeThe Postojna Caves were exceptional. The tour is a combination of underground train ride and walk. The scale and beauty exceeded my expectations. The guide was very knowledgeable. The Castle was definitely worthwhile. It is not your standard castle. The cave aspect made it a truly unique experience. There are a lot of stairs so this tour is best for people with good mobility. There was one minor glitch where our first tour was ticketed for the castle but we were dropped off at the caves but a quick phone call rectified the oversight. Next time we’ll read the tickets before letting the driver leave.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
May 2022 • Solo
Dejan provided a most informative and friendly tour of his home country from Trieste to Piran with stops in Koper. Very knowlegeable of history, culture, industry and current events without bogging down in personal opinion.
I very much look forward to securing his services for future tours!
I very much look forward to securing his services for future tours!
Written May 25, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper provided by Koper Trips - Tours & Shore Excursions
Product Overview: Piran & Panoramic Slovenian Coast - Shore Excursion from Koper
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos