Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk
By Sun Road Trading
There is no other place on earth where so many different species can be seen growing in such close proximity. A guide will accompany you on this walk to point out the various highlights and interesting facts regarding the area. More than 1250 species of plant have thus far been collected and identified in the Reserve itself. Aside from flowers the scenery is beautiful and the geology of the area interesting. There is always a possibility of spotting small antelope such as klipspringers and observing tortoises along the path. The gardens provide a lush and shady refuge from the sun with numerous bird species present and baboon troops visit on foraging expeditions.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Ages 3-99, max of 14 per group
Start time: Check availability
- We brew a fresh cup of tea or coffee in the forest
- Departure details
- Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa Guide will meet at the visitors center at the top end of the reserve road.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 40497P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk?
- Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk price starts from $43.04. Discover and book Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk on Tripadvisor
- What is the Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk cancellation policy?
- Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk?
- Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk is hosted by Sun Road Trading. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sun Road Trading on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Fernkloof Reserve Fynbos Walk on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 40497P10
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Overberg vine to beach slack pack 3 nights. Our trip included Fernkloof, Spookfontein and Hermanus.
Thanks to our guides Gilly and Ralph who made our Overberg Vine to Beach trail unforgettable. Beautiful nature comb…
Beautiful Cluff Paths
These cliff paths provide a great experience in walking next to the coast line with a cool breeze off the ocean and…
Perfect Wine Walk
This was the most awesome wine walk , we were 11 people and stayed at High Season Farm. From the minutes we started…
Great trip in Kogelberg and Hermanus!
We had a blast with Gillian and Ralph!!! They are friendly, organized, did everything they should and so much more.…
A great change of pace
We had a great tasting and the young lady who assisted us was extremely friendly and charming. The wines, while ver…
Wine and Nature combo. Want to be active by day while enjoying the exquisite Hemel-en-Aarde Valley at it’s best
Travelling is all about creating beautiful & unforgettable moments. Hosted by the amazing couple Gillian & Ralph th…
A sad way to conduct business
We were very keen to try this, required details to create our plan. Communication was passive aggressive and unhelp…
Babylonstoren Wine Walk
We did the Babylonstoren Wine Walk with Ralph and Gill as our guides, I have to say that was a fantastic day with t…
Once in a lifetime experience (will have to go again!)
What a fantastic experience! We travelled to Hermanus for a girls weekend amidst the Covid 19 drama (obviously bef…
Fabulous Wine Walk in the Hemel & Aarde Vallei Mar20
An unforgettable experience!! The wine walk with Gillian and Ralph as our guides absolutely blew us away. Exquisite…
Kogelburg Trail-African Sun Road (Ralph and Gilly).
We had a fantastic day with Ralph and Gilly who guided us on the Kogelburg Trail. Their knowledge of plants, animal…
What an amazing experience!!!! Our hosts / guides (Gilly and Ralph) were out of this world. They were so knowledgea…
Winewalk Nov 2019
I did not know what to expect but this definitely was one of 2019's highlights. All details were well planned. Gill…
Customised Tour with AfricanSunRoad
I would highly recommend AfricanSunRoad for your Wine Walk, Gillian and Ralph are the most incredible guides.
Overberg Wine Walk guided by Africansunroad
An awesome experience! We would recommend it to all wine and nature lovers. A beautiful walk in the valley ending o…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Gilly and Ralph were really nice and knowledgeable guides. We spent 3 hours walking through the Reserve. We went about 7km through sometimes tricky terrain but they would have adjusted the length and trickiest if we had wanted. The stop for tea & muffins helped us get our energy back half way. Definitely recommended
Written November 6, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Is it possible to bring a 1.5 year old child on the hike. Also is it possible to hire a porter to carry the child on the hike?