Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on
Get immersed in this experience hosted by a local changemaker! Enter the inspiring world underneath Cape Town's touristy surface. A Side by Side experience is the perfect, hands-on way to escape the tourist trap, live like a local, and make an impact. A percentage of every booking goes directly back to the changemakers we've partnered with in the form of year-end gifts: equipment, bursaries, and cash grants. To ensure your changemaker-hosted experience runs smoothly and guests' every last need is met, an SbS guide will be by your side throughout, from pick-up to drop-off (if you add the Hotel Pickup add-on). Your guide will provide you all the background info you need to know and settle the entrance fees on your behalf. Optionally add the Photoshoot add-on for HD pics/vids of you in action sent by Google Drive same day. Learn, laugh, imagine, bond, and come away a changed person after sharing this experience with some seriously inspiring locals.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 10 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- 10% Charitable Pledge
- Admission to Changemaker-hosted Experience
- Tour Guide (experience assistant)
- Add-Ons — excl. in "Bare-bones" option; incl. in options w/ Hotel Pickup, Meal, Photoshoot, etc.
- Available for cash purchase from your guide
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- If you'd added the Hotel Pickup option, but you're wanting to be collected from a location other than a hotel, please ensure the location you're waiting at has convenient and easy parking space or drop-and-go space.
- Guga S'thebe, Washington St, Langa, Cape Town, 7455, South Africa Upon booking we'll send you detailed instructions with supporting Google Maps street view images to ensure you don't get lost.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 158126P113
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on on Tripadvisor
- How much is Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on?
- Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on price starts from $27.50. Discover and book Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on on Tripadvisor
- What is the Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on cancellation policy?
- Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on?
- Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on is hosted by Side by Side Experiences & Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Side by Side Experiences & Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 158126P113
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Side by Side Experiences & Tours
Joined in February 2019
#76 of 578 Outdoor Activities in Cape Town Central
- Liliana D00Amazing!What a remarkable place! The food was amazing! Authentic Portuguese gastronomy. If you enjoy food the way it's supposed to taste, without all the spices and garlic overpowering the awesome taste of the food you are ordering, this is the place for you! Amazing food from the appetizers to the dessert! Great atmosphere and top notch service! Loved all the details and charm it had to offer! Went for our anniversary and they went above and beyond our expectations Would definitely recommend it to everyone looking for a quaint place to celebrate or just for a great meal!
- E8882HRjasminem00Enjoyed my “day in the life” experienceI had the opportunity to join Jason in the Langa Township in Cape Town, South Africa. First of all, they show him so much love there! You can tell he put in time building relationships. I got to tag along while he ran some errands and he taught me some Xhosa and took a few photos of me. The photo shoot portion was a little rushed at the end because there was a lot going on, but he made sure I got to and away from the Township safely, which is super important. The Xhosa lesson was focused on common greetings, which I loved. He even made sure I practiced with some of the folks nearby a bit! Great job, Jason.
- ReneeBeverly00Amazing and life-changing experienceAs an American traveling to South Africa for the first time, I can honestly say that the township tour with Jason, Thulani, and Sisa was the highlight of my trip. This was an eye opening experience into the historical and current day impacts of systemic displacement and segregation of the Black and brown community of Cape Town. Everyone we met was warm, welcoming, knowledgeable, and eager to share their personal experiences with us. I learned more during this tour than any amount of learning/reading I could have done had I not stepped foot in a township. Thank you Jason, Thulani, Sisa, Chuma, and Ma Jean for opening up your world to me. I am forever grateful! I HIGHLY recommend this experience for any and everyone travelling to Cape Town!!
- KonstanzeCaterina00Amazing ExperienceIt was such an amazing wonderful experience🤩 Brenda was a great guide, we learned so much from her and connected with wonderful people thanks to her - we had a great time, anytime again!
- 0331mimmy00AwesomeSide by side tours or is truly an immersion in the history and culture of Africa. Brenda guided me through the township of Langa both in her car and on foot. She was exceptional not only because of her honest sharing of her experience as a woman, a black woman, who grew up in South Africa but she provided real and honest feedback. It was truly a life changing experience! Meeting Brenda alone is spirit and life changing!
- terishac202000Highly Recommended ExperienceThis was one of my favorite experiences on our visit. Thulani was extremely knowledgeable on the history and culture of South Africa and we enjoyed the wine tasting and food. Jason and all involved were professional and made sure we had a great time. Highly recommended!
- Kayray9800Lovely eveningJasons’ family was very welcoming! Home was lovely. Thulani was amazing! It wasn’t a question about South Africa that he couldn’t answer!
- 642rickyn00Township TourMe and 2 friends had a great experience of the Township ( Lalanga ) with Jason (volofu/Woolf). He has great local knowledge, the whole town knows him especially the youngsters. And we had a very warm welcome being with him, and felt very safe. His colleague Buja was born a bred in the town and he’s a local businessman who turned his life around, having him around, just put the icing on the cake. with his insights into township life and growing up there etc. I would highly recommend the experience!
- Folleydon00FolleyGreat experience, I would definitely recommend it thanks again Jason aka the wolf. #township #langa.
- Flashpacking201200Highly recommend, Great Experience!Jason was great and informative, he’s is like one of the locals and knows everyone in the area! We met some really great people and got a feel of the township.
- Annika P00Safe & Real South African experienceIt was an amazing evening, having the real South African experience with a family and Jason. He always took care of me and I felt safe all the time. I’ve learned so much from this night and would recommend to everybody. Thank you Jason and the Family!
- nandim202200Snorkelling experienceMy favourite part was definitely the sea part, even though I couldn't swim I had a lot of fun and learned a lot about the sealife on the rocks. I also loved the photoshoot add on as we could capture memories inside the water and outside in clear, HD pictures.
- ManuelaR112200The best experience we‘ve made during our time in south africa!Jason was an excellent host. He put together a great and varied program for us. We spent the evening and the night in zone-17 and met lots of nice people. The next day we went on a tour through the townships of langa. It was really impressive to see how the locals live. We were allowed to drop by the music school, had a drink at the legendary jordans and tasted local food. Back at zone-17, we cooked a traditional african lunch, which was very tasty. In the afternoon, we went to the bycicle hub and rented some bikes. We rode the bikes through langa. The first stop was at the soup kitchen, a station where the residents can take home prepared food. The next stop was gardening and the last stop of the day was a karate class with children, which we took part in. it was so much fun. Our stay in langa was unforgettable. We had so many great experiences and met nice people from all over the community. We can highly recommend this great and eye-opening experience to everyone! Thank you Jason for showing us your langa, my heart is still full of love.
- leanramue00Amazing Langa overnight experienceSuch an amazing and eye opening experience! Jason was able to introduce us to Langa in a way which we would otherwise never could have experienced. We were welcomed with open arms by the community, got to visit different amazing projects an their creators, took part in a karate class, learnt how to cook local food and so much more. Definitvely a highlight and we would recommend anytime!
- lexleyba00Highly recommended!Had a great time playing, drawing and getting a little creative during this experience. The space is beautiful and the environment relaxed, creating the perfect place to activate the imagination and get the artistic juices flowing. Would highly recommend!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2023 • Business
Such Nice and kind personnel like Sandryne . I recommande highly. Merci Sandryne at réception so professional . Thanks again
Written September 11, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on provided by Side by Side Experiences & Tours
Product Overview: Life Skills & Personal Development Roundtable & Finger Food w/ Teenagers add-on
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos