By Viemma Tours
Get intrigued by physically walking into the facts of our rich history and experience first hand the memories of some communities that are no longer in existence. From the Bo-Kaap colourful houses to the historical Langa and District Six vibrant communities, its an unforgettable half day experience that has the potential to change your life.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-90, max of 18 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Portuguese or English guide
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - District Six Museum
- Food and drinks
- All Fees and Taxes
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Cape Town Intl Airport, Cape Town Central South Africa
- Cape Town Cruise Terminal, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8002, South Africa
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 67595P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Township Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Township Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Township Tour?
- Township Tour price starts from $53.50. Discover and book Township Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Township Tour cancellation policy?
- Township Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Township Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Township Tour?
- Township Tour is hosted by Viemma Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Viemma Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Township Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 67595P2
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1District Six MuseumStop: 4 hours - Admission includedGuests will be picked up at 8:30 am from the Hotel or any location of their choice then proceed to the District six Museum where they will find the evidence of the Apartheid system when an entire neighborhood was shutdown and the people moved forcebly to th From there we head to the Langa Township and take a walking tour around the area to interact with the locals and witness first hand local living before we proceed to Guga Sthebe which is a cultural centre run by the government in order to help and train the local comunity on skills such as art, music dance and many. Here you will also have an opportunity to purchase art made souvenirs before you proceed for an optional African beer tasting session and then depart back to the HotelRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Amazing, felxible, knoledgeable, patient guide
Sebastian was amazing. Very flexible and patient, personable and knowledgeable. Excellent for Portuguese and En…
Very good!!!! Highly recommend It was a very nice stay in Cape Town. We booked a package for 5 days of tours in Cap…
Sebastião is AWSOME!!!
If you need a guide that knows cape town history and also talks portugueses, please contact Sebastião. He is a ver…
Joao Pedro A00
Weekend in Capetown
We spent 48 remarkable hours in Capetown. Sebastian made sure that we experience the intensity of the city as we en…
Women's day outing 9th August 2018
We're went to the wine lands in Stellenboch. Sébastien was our drive. He made everything comfortable with good musi…
Thank you Sebastian for your serves, our outing were fantastic. I will recommend your services. Thanks again Sebast…
Attention to Detail and The Best Service Ever
We were a film crew in Cape Town for the day and used Sebastian Pedros shuttle service to take us on a shoot - both…
Highly impressed with the service
Sebastian is the best ever. Highly professional and knowledgeable to the detail. I will recommend your services to…
Women's day Wine tasting was one of those days to remember thanks to Sabatain for the amazing service
Our hotel in Cape Town recommended Viemma Tours shuttle service and our tour guide SEBASTIAN PEDRE was the BEST. …
The most fantastic, friendly staff
What fantastic staff and people. Nothing short of amazing, and always willing to go the extra mile for clients. Its…
Highly Recommended Tour Guide
During our time in Cape Town we used Seb as a tour guide for our large group. The first trip was round the south …
Can only recommend them. We took a whole day private tour and it was great. Better than I expected to be honest. Ca…
A great service indeed!!
Its wonderful to know that they are small companies out there who don't just focus on the destination but also the …
We used Seb for a tour of CapeTown over 5 days. He shared lots of amazing facts, was always punctual in picking us …
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Excellent service from Sebastian. He was punctual, polite, professional, knowledgeable, friendly and flexible. Our guide through the Langa township, Naty, was equally professional and such good company. Friendly, informative and utterly appropriate. We spent an hour walking through the township, seeing the variety of dwellings and learning about the people who live here and the history ot the settlement. I can thoroughly recommend this tour. I was slighlty anxious and keen not to cause insult by our presence, but my concerns were unfounded.Do it, it`s a profound experience for first world travellers.
Written October 14, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Hello Pipgraham, Thank you very much for choosing us. It was a great pleasure showing you around and we hope that we will see you again in the near future. Regards
Written October 14, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.