Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day
By OTC Adventures
This is a comprehensive tour of the Cape Peninsula. The Cape Peninsula is one of the world’s most scenic areas and stretches from the city centre to Cape Point. We travel along the Atlantic Seaboard via Sea Point, Clifton and Camps Bay, on through Chapman’s Peak drive, a breathtaking coastal drive to Cape Point. Cape Point forms part of the Table Mountain National Park. Wildlife can be found here, including Zebra, Eland, Bontebok, Red Hartebees and many more. Visit Cape of Good Hope, the most south-westerly point of the African continent and learn more about the rich history of the area. You have the option of taking a funicular to the light house or walking up to enjoy the superb, 360-degree views from the top. We carry on to the historical Simon’s Town to visit the Cape Penguin Colony at Boulder’s Beach. Then it is time for a leisurely lunch in the quaint village of Kalkbay, after which we head back to Cape Town. These are ‘Private’ tours, so the itinerary is flexible.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation within the City Bowl area & immediate surrounds
- Services of your private, qualified, experienced and knowledgeable culture guide
- Toll Fees on Chapmans Peak
- All transport for the day in an air-conditioned vehicle as well a a bottle of water
- Entry/Admission - Hout Bay
- Entry/Admission - Chapman's Peak Drive
- Lunch and any refreshments during the day
- The Funicular ride at Cape Point
- Personal expenses/purchases
- Entrance fee into Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Entrance fee at the Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Entry/Admission - Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Entry/Admission - Kalk Bay Harbour
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up from accommodation is only within the Cape Town City Bowl/CBD area or immediate surrounds. Please check whether pick up is available when booking.
- Cape Town Cruise Terminal
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 70484P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- We reserve the right to utilize the services of an alternative service provider.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day on Tripadvisor
- How much is Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day?
- Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day price starts from $132.06. Discover and book Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day on Tripadvisor
- What is the Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day cancellation policy?
- Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day?
- Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day is hosted by OTC Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact OTC Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cape Town: Cape Peninsula Private Tour Full Day on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 70484P9
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Hout BayStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Chapman's Peak DriveStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Cape Point Nature ReserveStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Boulders Beach Penguin ColonyStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 5Kalk Bay HarbourStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Hike to the Lions Head
Our guide was Lynette. She made the hike perfect for us. She gave us a lot of information about Cape Town and about…
Amazing Sunrise Hike With Fabulous Guide!
We had an amazing time hiking up Lions Head at sunrise with team OTC. Our guide Lynette knew the mountain like the …
Scenic hike with a great guide
Hendré gave us a great hike up Lion’s Head. There was a lot of wind that day, so it was not safe to go up Table Mo…
AMAZING experience. The scenery is unparred.... there's the view of the ocean from above, and all the vegetation on…
Brilliant start to a holiday
Fantastic sunrise hike up Lions Head with Lynette. Very well paced and informative throughout. Thoroughly recommend…
Exhilarating and unforgettable
Lynette is a delightful, experienced and competent guide. Her attention to safety is excellent. I enjoyed our climb…
Awesome hike and tour
My son and I had an awesome time hiking table mountain!! The views were amazing. Lynette recommended a more challe…
I recommend this tour. It was beautiful country with the best guide (Lynette). I had a wonderful time tasting and t…
EPIC - So glad we didn’t try to do this alone!
Wow! What an experience (and what an experienced guide!) After hiking Lion’s head at sunrise with Matthew (totally…
Great hike, we had a lovely morning. Lynette was patient and supportive and all times. I really recommend this expe…
Lion's Head sunrise hike
Such a great tour! Lynette absolutely made it for us. She was really communicative in advance, collected us from ou…
Table Mountain for Three
We had booked our hike with Lynette, however due to the Two Oceans Race we had to reorganise tours. Lynette was so …
Lions head sunrise hike
We were delighted with our sunrise hike led by Lynette. She was so well informed and engaging and made our experien…
India Venster Hike
We were absolutely delighted with our India Venster hike led by Matt. We aren’t regular hikers or super sporty, bu…
What can I say.. everything from start to finish was fab, Lynette was our guided tour, she picked us up at the hote…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
I would highly recommend Cliff to ANYONE wanting to tour the Cape Town area of South Africa. Cliff was VERY knowledgeable of the area, had great historic insight, and was very fun to be around. He was able to customize our tour based on our unique interests and was very open to changing the plan and adapting as needed and offering additional tips and suggestions for our time here. Cliff even volunteered to take photos and capture our grand adventures (and they turned out great!). We toured Cape of Good Hope, the oldest winery in South Africa (Groot Constantia), had lunch near the penguins, and of course, visited Boulder Beach (plus driving around townships and the vast coast, etc.) We can't say enough good things about Cliff and our experience with him. If you only have ONE DAY in South Africa, Cliff is the best tour guide for you.
Written December 29, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.