Guests are allowed to customize the tour Guests are allowed to add one more attraction All trips are private
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
German, English, French
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch X1
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Travellers are allowed to let us of their locations to pick up
- Johannesburg Intl Airport, Johannesburg South Africa
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127914P3
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour?
- Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour price starts from $2,086.35. Discover and book Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour cancellation policy?
- Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour?
- Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour is hosted by Timeline Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Timeline Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127914P3
Reserve your spot
Johannesburg to Madikwe Game...
Madikwe Game Reserve
Madikwe Game Reserve to...
About the operator
Joined in January 2019
#134 of 370 Tours & Activities in Johannesburg
- tlbkwb00Wonderful travel guide to start our South Africa AdventureAndrew met us at O.R. Tambo at 0400 and spent nearly 10 hours with us, driving to and through Pilanesburg National Park. We were there shortly after opening and saw the Big 5 (ok, no Cape Buffalo, but that's ok). We witnessed a cheetah family having a nosh on the ground which is entirely unheard of! Baby elephants, rhino's, zebras (pronounced correctly!) and so much more! We stopped at Sun City for lunch (Nando's!), then he delivered us to our guest house in Silver Lakes. He was available the following Tuesday, so he again picked us up at the guest house then took us to Constitution Hill and coordinated the tour there (be prepared to cry--a lot!) then to Soweto. We visited the Hector Pieterson Memorial (more tears), Nelson Mandela's home and a great lunch down the street. Again, he spent over 4 hours with us. Andrew loves his country and it shows in the way he highlights important areas as well as describing historic events. We really enjoyed his expertise and conversational manner. Thank you, Andrew, for a wonderful experience. It was the prefect introduction to South Africa.
- W9353FLashleya00RUN away from Andrew and Timeline Travel if you want a good experienceBooked a 16 day southern African tour and Andrew did not honor a descent portion of the trip. He lied to get our money and then told us he was going to make our trip painful which he did. He kept us vulnerable and in the dark about bookings and he didn’t secure at least half of our trip in advance as promised. He refused to give us vouchers or confirmation of our accommodations. He didn’t plan correctly a timeline that was even possible causing scheduling conflicts so activities were missed, stressful or not adequate time to see. He abandoned us in Kruger National park and we were abandoned by another driver of his in Franschhoek. We spent 2 whole days driving in 100 degree weather (12 & 8 hours)in an open vehicle amongst dust and desert, nothing remotely what was promised on our itinerary of 2 full days exploring animals in the Okavango delta. We were promised a luxury lodge in the delta but were set up in a pop tent not even in the location of where we were promised. The last portion of the trip we had to get another company to help us. Additionally Andrew had the audacity to as us for more money after he was paid in full and hadn’t honored what he promised to begin with. He will lie to tell you what you want to hear and then do what he wants once he has your money. I could write even more about the problems caused by Andrew and his dishonesty but hopefully this is adequate to protect others from enduring the horrible situation we were put in with trusting him.
- D3891XBsharonl00Great!I loved the Cape Explorer experience so much, it made it to one of the highlights of my trip. The tour guide Charles were courteous throughout the tour. They kept the schedule organized for us to go to all the designated places and back to Capetown on time. Charles has a wealth of knowledge regarding the wineries and this actively kept us attentive and eager throughout the tour. His sense of humour is also something to write home about. The wineries we visited were well versed with South African wines and encouraged us to buy some of the best wines after tasting to avoid regret. This is a must-do experience that ushers any traveler to Capetown.
- alyssamcal00Dishonest, scamming tour operatorThis company needs to be abolished. Andrew was highly dishonest with us. He would not provide confirmations or vouchers for our personalized 16 day tour of South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana, because he had only paid for some of our safaris and activities. He switched some of our accommodations after establishing our agreed upon itinerary and didn’t pay for some of our meals stated as being provided for. One of his drivers for Cape Town even abandoned us at a restaurant because he was fed up with trying get Andrew to pay for our excursions mentioned in our itinerary. It was hard to enjoy our experience due to all the anxiety and insecurity Andrew of Timeline Travel created. We were looking forward to being freed from our situation with him and grateful for the days we had made it through. It was miserable trying to work with him. He would tell you one thing, but you could never trust him based on his lies catching up with him. It is not worth the risk doing any transactions with him or his company. He even secretly took our business away from Safari With Us, the company he worked for, telling them we didn’t book the trip. Little did we know that he was a subcontractor and our arrangement was entirely separate from the original company we contacted- Safari With Us.
- John W00Great South Africa touringAndrew was a great tour guide and driver taking us multiple places near Johannesburg and arranging accommodation near Kruger Park. He not only drove us to multiple attractions in and around joburg (Cradle of Humankind, Soweto, etc) he also answered the many general questions we had about the area and was great company.
- timelinetravelDMC00Great Tours and Best ExperiencesBest tour and travel company. Knowledgeable guide.. offers a chance to design your itinerary to suit you.
- MaraTheDreamer00Nice tourI booked a Cullinan tour to do during my 8 hours layover but my flight was delayed and I had just a little time on the city. Andrew was there waiting for me and he purposed me to make the best of my time even with such delay and he showed me Soweto and some important spots in Joanesburgo with a storic approach to what I was seeing. I bring a nice view of the past and present of South Africa and he even became my photographer when my battery failed. I wanna thank Timeline travel for this nice tour.
- townshiptraveler00great tour guiding by timeline travel tour guides and i learned alot about soweto and history of south african townshipsbest in what they do i sure recommend them at all times, and they keep you updated bout every destination is passed when travelling the city till you get to your destination of interest
- AlexLewis2500Andrew is the Best!Andrew provided us with such a great Soweto and Apartheid Museum full day tour on a Tuesday that while on the tour we booked a Pilensburg Safari tour for the following day. As promised he picked us up at the hotel at 6am and drove us to the Pilensburg nature reserve. During the trip to the safari Andrew was extremely knowledgeable and informative about South African culture, politics, and current events. Our conversations made the time go by rather quickly. We talked for the entire drive to the Safari park. His demeanor and high level of professionalism and concern with our well being and tour experience expectations made both our Safari and Soweto and Apartheid tour both educational and fun experience. I would highly recommend Andrew and Timeline Travel for a high quality, professional, and fun tour experience. Thanks Andrew!!!
- Mette Marie-Lou... G00Guided tour of JohannesburgWe were five people on the tour of Johannesburg with our fantastic guide Andrew and his chauffeur. We started out downtown and then we went to Soweto. The interesting and enlightening conversations started the second we sat in the car. We of course visited historical sites and memorials like June 16 Memorial Acre, Hector Pieterson Memorial and Nelson Mandela House and we had a very nice lunch at a restaurant in Vilakazi Street. To me, however, the peak of the day was the visit to Kliptown and the Kliptown Youth Programme. Being there was such an optimistic and positive experience. We ended the day by a visit at The Apartheid Museum, where it is easy to spend hours and hours. Thanks for a great day, Andrew!
- Triathlon200Great trips around JohannesburgI did two day trips with Timeline - just the guide and myself. They tailored each day to what I wanted to see and do. They were great company throughout each day. I learned a lot about their culture, traditions and beliefs. I can recommend them very highly.
- LoveTravel79612100Best Safari Packages in South AfricaFor best history and cultural trips around Johannesburg and surroundings, safari packages and holiday trips please contact Timeline Travel. You are often looked after at all times. This is the company where you find reliability and convenience. Not forgetting handpicked accommodation on offer and fully air-conditioned vihicles and best experience.
Buy it with
Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour provided by Timeline Travel
Product Overview: Madikwe Game Reserve South Africa Tour
Number of Photos